Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Just received Creed Himalaya

I've been wanting this Creed for a while. Millesime Imperial's longevity left much to be desired. Green Irish Tweed is great, but it's not....great if you know what I mean. (Sorry to GIT fans) I decided to give Creed one more chance and it did not disappoint. I saw it for a great price and ordered my 4 oz flask from Amazon. I got a legitimate bottle but this time around I got one of the Arabic ones. It has a sticker with Arabic writing on the bottom and "Toilet Water" written on the back along with the lot number (which matches the bottom of the box btw). This does not smell like a Creed to me. It smells like something Calvin Klein or Nautica could have made. It's very soapy, fresh, and generic, but at the same time, classy. Within the first hour of wearing Himalaya, I got complimented by a pretty cashier. She said "You smell nice." She could smell me even with the counter separating us, so it does project very well at first. I got around 6 hours tonight, but I suspect I'll get better next time around. While not as beautiful as MI, Himalaya has already proven to be a compliment getter so far and a very nice smelling cologne. The bottle and box are both gorgeous. I was torn between SMW and I've smelled SMW and found it be too similar to MI, including the poor longevity so Himalaya was my choice and I bought it completely blind. So far I'm very happy with Himalaya.

"I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Default Re: Just received Creed Himalaya

Himalaya is a very nice scent. Glad you like it.

I have this one to and it is really versatile that you can wear it any place and at anytime. I like that icy soapy white musk freshness that it has.

Himalaya has great longevity and it is nice fresh safe scent that bothers nobody and it's liked by many.
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    I've been wanting this Creed for a while. Millesime Imperial's longevity left much to be desired. Green Irish Tweed is great, but it's not....great if you know what I mean. (Sorry to GIT fans) I decided to give Creed one more chance and it did not disappoint. I saw it for a great price and ordered my 4 oz flask from Amazon. I got a legitimate bottle but this time around I got one of the Arabic ones. It has a sticker with Arabic writing on the bottom and "Toilet Water" written on the back along with the lot number (which matches the bottom of the box btw). This does not smell like a Creed to me. It smells like something Calvin Klein or Nautica could have made. It's very soapy, fresh, and generic, but at the same time, classy. Within the first hour of wearing Himalaya, I got complimented by a pretty cashier. She said "You smell nice." She could smell me even with the counter separating us, so it does project very well at first. I got around 6 hours tonight, but I suspect I'll get better next time around. While not as beautiful as MI, Himalaya has already proven to be a compliment getter so far and a very nice smelling cologne. The bottle and box are both gorgeous. I was torn between SMW and I've smelled SMW and found it be too similar to MI, including the poor longevity so Himalaya was my choice and I bought it completely blind. So far I'm very happy with Himalaya.
    Congrats on your purchase. I got my Himalaya about a month ago from Fragrancenet. Upon first application, it seemed like it was mostly alcohol, but then minutes later, it smelt great. The scent is just as good as my sample and I get great longevity (8-10 hours).

Creeds from 3rd party online stores usually have the Arabic writing, so don't worry about it. It was most likely purchased from the grey market. Meaning, it's still legit.

You should definitely try SMW too. Like you have mentioned, longevity is not so good (I get 4-6 hours), however, it smells better than Himalaya.

Banned

a fresh, oriental, woody scent ... somewhat boring though, and longevity is lacking ...

Enjoy your Himalaya. Personally, I don't like it at all. I've tried it a few times..maybe I'll revisit it later.

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

decant yourself 5 mils and send me the rest, stat!

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

A workhorse from Creed. Perfect for all occasions and seasons. Enjoy!

It just snowed here last night so Himalaya seems fitting to be my SOTD

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I find that I go to Himalaya a great deal. I delayed purchasing this but I have no idea why, it's a fantastic scent. As mentioned previously, not exactly a dead ringer for a Creed scent. Enjoy your new purchase.
    - Expect the unexpected

It has become one of my go to, safe for any occasion, scents. It always seems to improve my mood.
    Trying to make the world a better place, one sniff at a time

What kind of longevity do ya'll get with Himalaya?

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

6 minutes

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

but it's a good 6 minutes

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

Its one of those scents for me where as I like it but never wear it.

I get 8 + hours out of it .

Congrats and enjoy this great fragrance.....This is one that I like but have never purchased.....I agree about the longevity of MI.....MI simply does not last on my skin.....Congrats again!!!
    Gary

Thanks! I can see myself wearing this one more often than my other Creeds. If MI had at least 6 hours of longevity, it would be my #1 of my whole collection.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I recently purchased Himalaya as well (after owning and wearing several samples), and I have to honestly say that it is quickly becoming my favorite Creed. Virgin Island Water still holds my top spot from this house, but I think Himalaya is now my number 2 Creed (I definitely enjoy it more than GIT, MI, and SMW, which all smell way too similar to me in that dominant ambergris drydown). My favorite Creeds are VIW, Himalaya, Original Vetiver, and Original Santal because they avoid that heavy ambergris base, at least to some extent, and are more unique to me.
    I wish they would use more clean soapy musk like bases (similar to Himalaya) in more of their scents. That sweet/sour animalic note of ambergris is not a favorite of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1016 View Post
    I recently purchased Himalaya as well (after owning and wearing several samples), and I have to honestly say that it is quickly becoming my favorite Creed. Virgin Island Water still holds my top spot from this house, but I think Himalaya is now my number 2 Creed (I definitely enjoy it more than GIT, MI, and SMW, which all smell way too similar to me in that dominant ambergris drydown). My favorite Creeds are VIW, Himalaya, Original Vetiver, and Original Santal because they avoid that heavy ambergris base, at least to some extent, and are more unique to me.
    I wish they would use more clean soapy musk like bases (similar to Himalaya) in more of their scents. That sweet/sour animalic note of ambergris is not a favorite of mine.
    Himalaya is my SOTD. It's a great scent with killer longevity (I easily get 8 to 10+ hours). It's my 2nd most favorite Creed, with the first being SMW.

I tried it a couple of times and I didn't find it too special.
    Will try again when I'm around 27

Himalaya is probably the safest Creed besides GIT. Unfortunately Himalaya is like a boring distant cousin of GIT.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Himalaya is probably the safest Creed besides GIT. Unfortunately Himalaya is like a boring distant cousin of GIT.
    I like and wear them both, but I actually prefer Himalaya over GIT. (especially in the colder weather). Also, i like the drydown better with more musk/sandlewood and less of that Creed ambergris. And GIT's strong violet leaves can sometimes be a bit much for me. (I'm one of the weirdos who actually prefers Cool Water because I like lavender and peppermint more than violet leaves.).

Himalaya is my favorite overall Creed in regards to smell, longevity, and projection. MI is my favorite smelling Creed, but it doesn't last at all. Green Irish Tweed is nice, but it's not my favorite. SMW is also very nice but doesn't last. Himalaya is the winner IMHO. Plus that bottle is gorgeous!

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

It's boring, but high quality like all Creeds. I got a decant of it from Ebay and I enjoy it, but don't think I'll be getting the bottle.

SMW is also very nice but doesn't last. Himalaya is the winner IMHO. Plus that bottle is gorgeous!
    Au contraire mon frre, SMW loves me long time! The difference between SMW and Himalaya on me is about an hour, in favor of Himalaya.

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

I'll have to wear SMW more to see if it lasts longer. The sample I had gave me 3 hours. My bottle so far has reached the 4 hour mark but I've only worn it twice. I will continue to test the limits of thy SMW!

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I'll have to wear SMW more to see if it lasts longer. The sample I had gave me 3 hours. My bottle so far has reached the 4 hour mark but I've only worn it twice. I will continue to test the limits of thy SMW!
    I get 4 to 6 hours with my SMW. From the posts I've been reading, that's about the typical longevity most people get.

i'm jealous of ppl who get 4+ hours with SMW.
    i can't smell it after 1.5 on my skin.
    love the scent though.

Quote Originally Posted by crvn View Post
    i'm jealous of ppl who get 4+ hours with SMW.
    i can't smell it after 1.5 on my skin.
    love the scent though.
    How do you spray it? I found out the best way to spray it is the following:
    1 spray to the chest
    1 spray to the back of the neck
    2 sprays on clothing - one at each side of the chest area (near the armpits)

4 sprays total should do the trick.

Himalaya and SMW are both in my top 5. Tonight I received in the mail Tabarome. Thank you for showing a picture of your bottle, the markings on mine look exactly identical. I started to get suspicious if my bottle of Creed was the real thing. I don't have any experience with Arabian stock. Product smells so far fresh. Thanks again.

Toilet Water is somehow less flattering than EDT. Maybe since I am in 'Merica.

It's probablya universal name they give to fragrances

Somehow I think I have been disappointed second time in creed.I had been looking for a more masculine creed, after trying my SMW about a month ago which I thought was rather feminine. now tell me your view of the projection of Himalaya. I got a new bottle yesterday and today, having sprayed 4 puffs( 2 in armpits and 2 on neck) I think I am not noticeable even at 2 yards. Its a nice scent when I sniff down my shirt, but I wish this went beyond my own self. Really worried about this thing. btw I am wearing a sweater, as it is cold over here.The bottle is from a stock about 2 years old.

The initial few hours of projection are great with Himalaya. I got a compliment from a lady cashier and I was about 2 feet away from her.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Love this, it's one of my go-to work Creed scents. Super clean smelling and works great on clothing, fairly linear but super fresh with a touch of sweet.
    Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.

I think its great too and projects ands last quite well. Can be worn at anytime anywhere,very versatile.

I love Himalaya. Scent of the day. I'm getting 8 hours plus with this. The sweater might be throwing this scent off for you a bit. Especially if you're layerd heavily. This happened to me last week when I wore MI under a turtleneck.

tbh I sampled this and got easy 8+ hrs from it. I love it, awesome frag.

these images show the lot number as "A3910K02". I have my bottle serial number exactly the same except for the last digit, i.e,"A3910K01". what does this mean? your(thread starter) and mine bottles were produced in the same lot, exactly the same bottles just produced in quick succession???

I'm not sure what the difference is between the last 3 digits (K02 vs K01). All I know is I got a good batch. The juice smells great, projection is good, and longevity is around 8 hours.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Banned

my SOTD, i applied 3 sprays at 6:30am and it's glowing its gorgeous soapy musky base right now at 3:30 (9+ hours). also put one spray on my arm and it's still very much there. incredible longevity this has.

also, my bottle is from 2003 and it smells as fresh as the day I got it. this stands the test of time very nicely (unlike green valley)

pretty hohum on this one, dunno if it's full bottle worthy to me. I've been wearing it since 8:30 and it there but barely, does have a nice woody soapy base right now.

Quote Originally Posted by starshipvelcro View Post
    pretty hohum on this one, dunno if it's full bottle worthy to me. I've been wearing it since 8:30 and it there but barely, does have a nice woody soapy base right now.
    If you like the smell of Himalaya, try Paco Robbane XS. They smell identical and XS is much cheaper.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Just wondering did you buy from Amazon because it was the best price you found? There's lots of talk of fragrancenet carrying the freshest bottles around for Creed, after 2010 that is.

Also did the box include a pamphlet inside? since the ones i received didn't.

I got mine off of Amazon and the seller was theperfumespot. I've bought almost all of my Creed's from them and they were all nice and pretty recent batches (2010 batches back in 2011). I paid less than $150 for my Himalaya, which is at least $135 cheaper than retail, so I got a good deal.

My box did come with the paphlet I believe. One of my Creed's didn't but I'm not sure if was Himalaya or SMW.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Banned

try Paco Robbane XS. They smell identical and XS is much cheaper.
    Cheaper? yes.

Identical? umm... no.

inasmuchas Cool Water smells "identical" to Green Irish Tweed...

Blog Entries

Duuuuudeeeeee.....Get SMW
    Sounds like someones having a case of the Mondays

I honestly don't see the similarity between XS and Himalaya. The closest frag that I found to be like Himalaya is Burberry Brit for men. I prefer Himalaya more though.

My Himalaya also came with the arabic insert and it has not dissapointed me yet.
    I did not care for it too much at first, but it has been climbing up on my preferred list and now is among my favorites.
    Versatility is what makes this fragrance great, it can be used for any occasion.
    It lasts all day on me, I normally get compliments every time I wear it so clearly is a great scent.

this thread made me revisit my sample. Pretty nice. Metallic and soapy, yet somehow spicy and warm. Still not in the same league as GIT, Aventus or MI to my nose, but good nonetheless. If I found a steal of a deal, I'd probably add this to my spring/fall rotation at some point down the line.

Just tried this one again. One of the few musk-heavy scents that are neither dull nor skanky. I found myself feeling like I smelled really clean :-)
    Might hop for a small bottle.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Excellent Choice. I've found Himalaya to have a Charm that as you said may not be in a class like some of the other Creeds, But I always come back to this scent, and love it when I do. I also recommend very highly the soap.Top 4 Creeds imo.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure the Himalaya in the photo above is real. I've never seen a 4 oz. Creed that didn't have the lot number etched into the bottom lip of the bottle. The fact that the lot number is printed on the back of the bottle here is awfully suspicious.

The bottle pictured above is most definately real. Himalaya from Dubai. ( Arabian Stock ) Creed has a boutique in the middle east. They very much so take their Scents very seriously.

yeah I bought it off a fellow bn'er and I'm glad I did. Haven't used it much but I had a sample of it and SMW and found myself reaching for this more. As loved as GIT is, it is not something I need more than a 10ml decant of... hell I've had my 10ml of it damn near a year
    Midnight in Paris 5 STARS
    Pure Malt 5 STARS
    Rose 31 5 STARS

May be swaping for this blindly, hopefully I like it!

Basenotes Junkie

A damn good "icy" white musk scent. Jack Hunter is spot on with his description. It really is a great scent, and pretty damn masculine to boot.

It bothers no-one (I hope ...) and just smells great. For me, the longevity is averaging about six hours, and I would call that pretty good. It's not absurdo-aventus-git-longevity - but it's lasting me a whole day at work, which is all I can ask.

Bottom line - I really like it and I'll get another one when this one runs out. Sigh - Creed is continuing to deliver fantastic stuff so far for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MOONB View Post
    I'm not sure the Himalaya in the photo above is real. I've never seen a 4 oz. Creed that didn't have the lot number etched into the bottom lip of the bottle. The fact that the lot number is printed on the back of the bottle here is awfully suspicious.
    It is absolutely, 100% real. Plenty of people have gotten bottles with the lot number etched off/painted over and this toilet water print on the back. It's a grey market bottle. They get rid of the lot number so Creed can't trace the purchase back to them for selling it so cheap. 90% of my Creed Bottles are like this one and they are all very much real.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Banned
    Blog Entries

It is absolutely, 100% real. Plenty of people have gotten bottles with the lot number etched off/painted over and this toilet water print on the back. It's a grey market bottle. They get rid of the lot number so Creed can't trace the purchase back to them for selling it so cheap. 90% of my Creed Bottles are like this one and they are all very much real.
    Maybe, but that bottle's number was not etched off, nor was it painted over. Also the silver looks awfully speckled.