Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Just received Creed Himalaya

I've been wanting this Creed for a while. Millesime Imperial's longevity left much to be desired. Green Irish Tweed is great, but it's not....great if you know what I mean. (Sorry to GIT fans) I decided to give Creed one more chance and it did not disappoint. I saw it for a great price and ordered my 4 oz flask from Amazon. I got a legitimate bottle but this time around I got one of the Arabic ones. It has a sticker with Arabic writing on the bottom and "Toilet Water" written on the back along with the lot number (which matches the bottom of the box btw). This does not smell like a Creed to me. It smells like something Calvin Klein or Nautica could have made. It's very soapy, fresh, and generic, but at the same time, classy. Within the first hour of wearing Himalaya, I got complimented by a pretty cashier. She said "You smell nice." She could smell me even with the counter separating us, so it does project very well at first. I got around 6 hours tonight, but I suspect I'll get better next time around. While not as beautiful as MI, Himalaya has already proven to be a compliment getter so far and a very nice smelling cologne. The bottle and box are both gorgeous. I was torn between SMW and I've smelled SMW and found it be too similar to MI, including the poor longevity so Himalaya was my choice and I bought it completely blind. So far I'm very happy with Himalaya.

"I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Default Re: Just received Creed Himalaya

Himalaya is a very nice scent. Glad you like it.

I have this one to and it is really versatile that you can wear it any place and at anytime. I like that icy soapy white musk freshness that it has.

Himalaya has great longevity and it is nice fresh safe scent that bothers nobody and it's liked by many.
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    I've been wanting this Creed for a while. Millesime Imperial's longevity left much to be desired. Green Irish Tweed is great, but it's not....great if you know what I mean. (Sorry to GIT fans) I decided to give Creed one more chance and it did not disappoint. I saw it for a great price and ordered my 4 oz flask from Amazon. I got a legitimate bottle but this time around I got one of the Arabic ones. It has a sticker with Arabic writing on the bottom and "Toilet Water" written on the back along with the lot number (which matches the bottom of the box btw). This does not smell like a Creed to me. It smells like something Calvin Klein or Nautica could have made. It's very soapy, fresh, and generic, but at the same time, classy. Within the first hour of wearing Himalaya, I got complimented by a pretty cashier. She said "You smell nice." She could smell me even with the counter separating us, so it does project very well at first. I got around 6 hours tonight, but I suspect I'll get better next time around. While not as beautiful as MI, Himalaya has already proven to be a compliment getter so far and a very nice smelling cologne. The bottle and box are both gorgeous. I was torn between SMW and I've smelled SMW and found it be too similar to MI, including the poor longevity so Himalaya was my choice and I bought it completely blind. So far I'm very happy with Himalaya.
    Congrats on your purchase. I got my Himalaya about a month ago from Fragrancenet. Upon first application, it seemed like it was mostly alcohol, but then minutes later, it smelt great. The scent is just as good as my sample and I get great longevity (8-10 hours).

Creeds from 3rd party online stores usually have the Arabic writing, so don't worry about it. It was most likely purchased from the grey market. Meaning, it's still legit.

You should definitely try SMW too. Like you have mentioned, longevity is not so good (I get 4-6 hours), however, it smells better than Himalaya.

Banned

a fresh, oriental, woody scent ... somewhat boring though, and longevity is lacking ...

Enjoy your Himalaya. Personally, I don't like it at all. I've tried it a few times..maybe I'll revisit it later.
    Currently wearing: Tam Dao by Diptyque

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

decant yourself 5 mils and send me the rest, stat!

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

A workhorse from Creed. Perfect for all occasions and seasons. Enjoy!

It just snowed here last night so Himalaya seems fitting to be my SOTD

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I find that I go to Himalaya a great deal. I delayed purchasing this but I have no idea why, it's a fantastic scent. As mentioned previously, not exactly a dead ringer for a Creed scent. Enjoy your new purchase.
    - Expect the unexpected

It has become one of my go to, safe for any occasion, scents. It always seems to improve my mood.
    Trying to make the world a better place, one sniff at a time

What kind of longevity do ya'll get with Himalaya?

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

6 minutes

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

but it's a good 6 minutes

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

Its one of those scents for me where as I like it but never wear it.

I get 8 + hours out of it .

Congrats and enjoy this great fragrance.....This is one that I like but have never purchased.....I agree about the longevity of MI.....MI simply does not last on my skin.....Congrats again!!!
    Gary

Thanks! I can see myself wearing this one more often than my other Creeds. If MI had at least 6 hours of longevity, it would be my #1 of my whole collection.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I recently purchased Himalaya as well (after owning and wearing several samples), and I have to honestly say that it is quickly becoming my favorite Creed. Virgin Island Water still holds my top spot from this house, but I think Himalaya is now my number 2 Creed (I definitely enjoy it more than GIT, MI, and SMW, which all smell way too similar to me in that dominant ambergris drydown). My favorite Creeds are VIW, Himalaya, Original Vetiver, and Original Santal because they avoid that heavy ambergris base, at least to some extent, and are more unique to me.
    I wish they would use more clean soapy musk like bases (similar to Himalaya) in more of their scents. That sweet/sour animalic note of ambergris is not a favorite of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1016 View Post
    I recently purchased Himalaya as well (after owning and wearing several samples), and I have to honestly say that it is quickly becoming my favorite Creed. Virgin Island Water still holds my top spot from this house, but I think Himalaya is now my number 2 Creed (I definitely enjoy it more than GIT, MI, and SMW, which all smell way too similar to me in that dominant ambergris drydown). My favorite Creeds are VIW, Himalaya, Original Vetiver, and Original Santal because they avoid that heavy ambergris base, at least to some extent, and are more unique to me.
    I wish they would use more clean soapy musk like bases (similar to Himalaya) in more of their scents. That sweet/sour animalic note of ambergris is not a favorite of mine.
    Himalaya is my SOTD. It's a great scent with killer longevity (I easily get 8 to 10+ hours). It's my 2nd most favorite Creed, with the first being SMW.

I tried it a couple of times and I didn't find it too special.
    Will try again when I'm around 27

Himalaya is probably the safest Creed besides GIT. Unfortunately Himalaya is like a boring distant cousin of GIT.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Himalaya is probably the safest Creed besides GIT. Unfortunately Himalaya is like a boring distant cousin of GIT.
    I like and wear them both, but I actually prefer Himalaya over GIT. (especially in the colder weather). Also, i like the drydown better with more musk/sandlewood and less of that Creed ambergris. And GIT's strong violet leaves can sometimes be a bit much for me. (I'm one of the weirdos who actually prefers Cool Water because I like lavender and peppermint more than violet leaves.).

Himalaya is my favorite overall Creed in regards to smell, longevity, and projection. MI is my favorite smelling Creed, but it doesn't last at all. Green Irish Tweed is nice, but it's not my favorite. SMW is also very nice but doesn't last. Himalaya is the winner IMHO. Plus that bottle is gorgeous!

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Banned

It's boring, but high quality like all Creeds. I got a decant of it from Ebay and I enjoy it, but don't think I'll be getting the bottle.

SMW is also very nice but doesn't last. Himalaya is the winner IMHO. Plus that bottle is gorgeous!
    Au contraire mon frre, SMW loves me long time! The difference between SMW and Himalaya on me is about an hour, in favor of Himalaya.

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

I'll have to wear SMW more to see if it lasts longer. The sample I had gave me 3 hours. My bottle so far has reached the 4 hour mark but I've only worn it twice. I will continue to test the limits of thy SMW!

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I'll have to wear SMW more to see if it lasts longer. The sample I had gave me 3 hours. My bottle so far has reached the 4 hour mark but I've only worn it twice. I will continue to test the limits of thy SMW!
    I get 4 to 6 hours with my SMW. From the posts I've been reading, that's about the typical longevity most people get.

i'm jealous of ppl who get 4+ hours with SMW.
    i can't smell it after 1.5 on my skin.
    love the scent though.

Quote Originally Posted by crvn View Post
    i'm jealous of ppl who get 4+ hours with SMW.
    i can't smell it after 1.5 on my skin.
    love the scent though.
    How do you spray it? I found out the best way to spray it is the following:
    1 spray to the chest
    1 spray to the back of the neck
    2 sprays on clothing - one at each side of the chest area (near the armpits)

4 sprays total should do the trick.