Code of Conduct

Default Candle Scent Manufacturers?? (US)

I tried this in the DIY section, and was pointed here.
    ((I apologize if this is a repeat to some of you))

I'm looking for a reputable fragrance supplier for candles.

I'm looking for key notes, synthetic versions of the real deal. No cake or cookie scents...(kill me first)
    leathers, hardwoods, herbs, musks, spices YES.

I've tried http://www.genwax.com... they were ok to get me started. I have the bug now.
    My nose has aged and grown up a bit, thus their scents now seem pretty artificial to me. Also, they have a REALLY limited selection.

I just spent a chunk at SavOnScents.com... the name should have clued me in. They are so weak that at full strength they are barely noted, and at an extremely generous 2oz to a pound of wax, my candles are rather expensively unscented. That a company can claim to sell candle scents that don't scent candles is unforgivable.

I need help.

Have any of you any suggestions?

Thank you so much in advance.

-Poe

Default Re: Candle Scent Manufacturers?? (US)

I'm also curious if anyone has any suggestions for fragrance suppliers for candles. I'm new to candlemaking and have also spent hundreds of dollars at saveonscents.com. They smell nice when using a fragrance blotter but do not hold up in candles. The scents I am looking for are sophisticated earthy, spicy, woodsy scents. The saveonscents.com versions of these notes end up smelling like kerosene when burned and have no scent throw whatsoever.

Poe, if I have any luck funding a new manufacturer, I'll be sure to let you know.

In the meantime, if anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!