Code of Conduct

Default amalfi lemon - have you noticed....

this is like the new "in" note and almost every male fragrance has this included in its top notes?

Default Re: amalfi lemon - have you noticed....

Fancy marketing techniques strike again by trying to make the standard ingredients sound more appealing.lol

I mean apart from where the lemon ingredient originates from I cannot see there is going to be any difference from a Sicilian lemon note in a scent and a amalfi lemon if any. But hey I am no expert on lemons.lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Fancy marketing techniques strike again by trying to make the standard ingredients sound more appealing.lol
    For sure.

Marketing as usual.

That said, there is very little space in Amalfi, so the few plants there are carefully tended and of high quality. The peel smells rich and heavenly. But, as you say, the same happens with lemons grown in similar ways everywhere, including those in my mom's garden in chillier climates.

The difference between the standard store bought lemons and these different varieties of lemons is enormous. when i try to use the lemon peel to cook with supermarket lemons, I have to use several peels, and still it doesn't smell much. Just one of those lemon infuses everything with a powerful citrus smell.

cacio

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Marketing as usual.

That said, there is very little space in Amalfi, so the few plants there are carefully tended and of high quality. The peel smells rich and heavenly. But, as you say, the same happens with lemons grown in similar ways everywhere, including those in my mom's garden in chillier climates.

The difference between the standard store bought lemons and these different varieties of lemons is enormous. when i try to use the lemon peel to cook with supermarket lemons, I have to use several peels, and still it doesn't smell much. Just one of those lemon infuses everything with a powerful citrus smell.

cacio
    indeed, the caliber differential is enormous ....

Yeah marketing! Roja Dove claims to use it for his Diaghilev. Anyway, its citrus opening is one of the finest I have ever encountered.