Code of Conduct

Default 1 Signature Scent

I had an Uncle that always wore Azzaro. He was awesome. He was the guy who had photos of himself from the 70's with 3 knock-out chicks all naked in some 70's home in Vermont. He was the Uncle that had a night stand where a stack of 100's would sit next to a gun and a penthouse magazine.

Anyway, that scent conjures up memories of him and I have always wished that I had one scent that would be my real signature scent. I love too many frags for so many reasons, but I do wish I was a one scent guy. Does anyone else feel this way?
    -
    Oud 27 makes me sex.

Basenotes Member

Default Re: 1 Signature Scent

No.

Was your uncle the Comedian?

Nope, if I wear one scent for too long I'll get sick of it.

I really like pizza, but do I want to eat it every day?

I tend to wear many scents too, but if I was forced to pick one to wear everyday, it would be either Creed's Virgin Island Water, Creed's Original Vetiver (or Mugler Cologne), or Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne edition.

I never tire of these 3 scents & could happily wear any of them every day.

Nah not really, but I think I'm always gonna try and keep a couple of favourites to wear extensively till I find a new couple (or old one again).....and so it has been for a while for me and my little wardrobe.

But yeah I guess it's hard, but try to test test test, and get only the best damn stuff, and you know become a bit obsessed about certain types (whatever that can mean) of fragrances. And go deep into niche territory and be a cheapskate and don't buy like I said anything that just smells great...it's gotta be totally OUTRAGEAOUS (would be my word...kinda)...

If it would have to be one, it would be Creed Aventus, covers most bases very well. Finding my one Signature scent was my main goal in joining basenotes and getting into scent. As you can see by my wardrobe, its not working very well!

Good thing though is that I am approaching the end of my "sample-list" so, will be narrowing down from here.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

I Have a "signature scent" but it is not the only scent I wear. For me it is one that I love and works well for me for a variety of reasons. But my small collection of fragrances (compared to most member's collections) is something that I enjoy selecting from to fit the occasion, the season and the mood for the day. But when I can't decide I always go back to my "signature".

I would say that most men don't wear fragrances, at least around here nothing more than a deodorant. Those that feel a need to have that little something extra may find one scent and wear that. Not many of us here could give up the addiction of having just one scent...
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Choosing Azzaro as a signature scents is, IMO, a very wise and tasteful decision

As for me, I rather tend towards, if I may say so, a "signature rotation": about 20-30 scents (at times, even more), which I tend to wear more often than the rest of my wardrobe and which actually take turns as signatures scents of the day or of the week

I like the idea in principle. Indeed, before I got crazy with this hobby, I did have a signature scent (Gucci by Gucci PH) and it really is nice that people (particularly girls) equate one smell with you. Gucci was "my smell". And every time somebody smelt it, either on me or somebody else, I know it would immedietly make them think of me. And I like that. I think there's a lot to be said for it.

BUT... I have like over 60 different scents available to me right now, and that's only going to grow and grow. So i'm never realistically going to have a signature scent again. I do miss that in a way, but i'd never be able to stick to just one (or twenty) smell now.

I understand the sentiment of wearing one fragrance that you truly love and making it your one and only signature scent. Though it's best for people who have no interest in fragrances as a hobby but are just looking for a workhorse scent for the everyday.

No.

One anything is bland. Do I look caucasian to you?(joke-no bunched up panties plz)

for swap/sale:

I want one signature scent as much as I want a signature pair of trousers and a signature shirt - zilch.
    The only people who wear signature clothes have to do so, because it's a uniform they're constrained to wear.
    Your uncle sounds pretty flambouyant. I bet he wouldn't have had just one signature gun though.
    Cheers,
    Renato

I have a signature scent for each occasion/outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    I like the idea in principle. Indeed, before I got crazy with this hobby, I did have a signature scent (Gucci by Gucci PH) and it really is nice that people (particularly girls) equate one smell with you. Gucci was "my smell". And every time somebody smelt it, either on me or somebody else, I know it would immedietly make them think of me. And I like that. I think there's a lot to be said for it.
    Yes, this exactly was a great source of (odd) pleasure for me.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

CK One.. i know... average , but the memories and feelings associated with it are far from average

Although it works for some people, but I don't believe in one signature scent.

That, to me, is like wearing the same set of clothes, day in and day out: boring.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I wanted to have one, but found the idea utterly impractical.

This is such a difficult question and equally a very simple one.
    The hard task is related to some other question(s) found these days between fragrance lovers (such as "if you'd have to take one single fragrance with you when you are 'deported' on an island, which one it will be ?") and frankly I'm not sure you'd put the question in the right place...don't forget that here are connoisseurs or fanatics with more than 100 fragrances !...more than for a lifetime of a single human being...and we (the 'beginners') try to keep up ...it's a matter of time, love, taste, money, ambition etc.
    The simple answer is: NONE (would I want to have just ONE great scent for such a long time?)...No way!...there is no perfection, even in a bottle...
    "I love fragrances because they provide a sheer endless variety: there is a scent for every occasion, mood or feeling. Standing before my collection in the morning matching a perfume to my needs is one of the most enjoyable things in my day"..... I don't want to miss that

Current Top 12 Fall: | Gucci PH | Cacharel Nemo |
    YSL M7 | LAP L'Eau du Navigateur | Guerlain Heritage | YSL M7 OA | T.Mugler Pure Havane | Terre d'Hermes | Armani Attitude | T.Mugler B*Men | Lancome Miracle Homme | T.Mugler Pure Wood |

I met my girlfriend because of Terre d'Hermes.. and she wants me to wear it practically every day haha.
    unico grande amore.

I have 5 signature scents and thats just for the past week

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

At least one signature scent a day is as moderate as i can be at this stage of my life. I sometimes wish i had a signature scent, but i am realistic enough about my tastes and, er, affinity for frags to know that that in itself is just an ideal.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post

That, to me, is like wearing the same set of clothes, day in and day out: boring.
    +1. I could never have only one signatur scent.

Too many I like and have to just pick one but I seem to use Gengis Khan more than others (mainly because I have many back-up bottles)

Hard to choose just one, but the idea is fantastic.

I don't feel that. As long as I live I promise that I will not have signature scent. It gets boring for you and those around you.
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

Invasion Barbare has become my signature scent. This was not intentional. And I'm starting to think it's time to switch it up. I've worn it at least 4 days a week for the last two months, pretty much alternating it with Terre D'Hermes.

back in the late 90's early 2k my signature scent was Platinum Egoiste, now i dont have a signature scent, i rotate a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Korben View Post
    No.

Was your uncle the Comedian?
    LOL

It took me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post

Me too. And I work with guys who wear the same thing everyday...almost like a uniform.

That said, Puredistance M is making a case to be worn a lot with me right now.

Like most, no...but Nio by Xerjoff if I had a gun to my head.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    As for me, I rather tend towards, if I may say so, a "signature rotation"...
    agree ... variety is the spice of life ... trite but true ... a signature scent? NO WAY !!!

i could never go back to just one

I dont think I'l be able to pull it back to one ever.

However, I find the Idea of finding that one scent (shirt, trousers etc for that matter) that matches you perfectly a very comforting scenario.

I know, any person is a multifaceted creature and moods, situations etc play a great role but I just like the idea of a scent that blends into my personality.
    Smellin good

I quite like the idea of being associated with one classic fragrance, but imagine the horror of having your 1 signature scent discontinued!!

It'd be like the death of your dog or something, the daily companion lost forever more.

Never put all of your eggs in one basket, and have your self a core set of fragrances that you can rotate and be associated with, whilst dipping into your wardrobe for a bit of variety every so often - at least that's the approach i've taken.

Well, I wear my "signature scent", Vetiver Tonka, in situations where I want the other person to remember the scent. Dates, post-date, a special event. My everyday scents are light colognes like Eau d'Orange Verte and similar. Sure, I'm not a fanatic collector, and 5 bottles on my collections is already too many I love perfumes, love smelling them, recognizing them, but wearing... that's different. Odd, eh?
    l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Basenotes Plus

Not a signature as such and I certainly couldn't limit myself to a single one but the one I always reach for when i'm feeling really good about myself is Creed Aventus. I just haven't found anything that smells better, at least on me.

I can't do one signature but rather 3-5 frags make up what could be considered a signature scent for me.

Office, Formal, Classy Date = Prada Amber (fall, winter, spring)
    Office, Formal, Classy Date = Creed Green Irish Tweed (summer)
    Bar, Club, Party = One Million or Play Intense
    House Lounging = Old Spice..........Gotta love the classic!

Quote Originally Posted by heatod View Post
    I can't do one signature but rather 3-5 frags make up what could be considered a signature scent for me.

Office, Formal, Classy Date = Prada Amber (fall, winter, spring)
    Office, Formal, Classy Date = Creed Green Irish Tweed (summer)
    Bar, Club, Party = One Million or Play Intense
    House Lounging = Old Spice..........Gotta love the classic!
    That sounds totally logical to me as well, but doesn't look like its going to happen anytime soon haha