Code of Conduct

Default Your favourite mainstream Oriental/Gourmand of the last 5 years...

... so 2007-2011. Not necessarily just those aimed at men, but more "as a Man I'd be happy to wear this".

I suspect mine might have been Pure Havane, but sadly all the stores in London that I knew stocked it sold out before the next visit I paid the capital, so I have not tried it.

So mine would be Midnight Poison.

Honorable mentions go to Play Intense, Wolfgang Joop, 212 VIP for Men, Pure Malt and Very Irresistible Fresh Attitude (which isn't an Oriental, but has a great Gourmand drydown).

What say you?

Default Re: Your favourite mainstream Oriental/Gourmand of the last 5 years...

Pure Havane, sorry don't mean to rub it in. If you had've said last ten years it would've been L'instant.

Wouldn't call it my favorite but like it quite a bit: Traversée du Bosphore

Eau des Baux

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    If you had've said last ten years it would've been L'instant.
    I decided to stick with 5 years, because it seems (to me) the last 5 years have not been as good for mainstream Oriental launches as the 5 years before that were. I was hoping you guys would mention some gems I didn't know about or had forgotten about.

L'Artisan's Havana Vanille

Basenotes Institution

I agree with the OP, Midnight Poison is pretty darned good.

Although I'd have to say that overall, in the last 5 years, the one gourmand that's really made quite a stir is Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford (2007).
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Tobacco Vanille
    A*Men Taste of Fragrance
    Pure Malt
    Pure Coffee

New Haarlem by Bond
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

Shalimar Ode a la Vanille is pretty nice.

New Haarlem

Spiritueuse Double Vanille is one of them for sure.

Midnight in Paris is the best recent one IMO.

A*Men Pure Havane
    My top 5: Sea Mist; Minnow; Crab, tiger, and almonds; Semprini; Rancid Polecat N° 2

Burberry London
    Pure Havane

CK One Shock For Him
    Play Intense
    The One Gentleman
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tiberije View Post
    New Haarlem by Bond
    +1 ...

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    Spiritueuse Double Vanille is one of them for sure.
    Absolutely!

Sound Scents

Hmm... Mainstream (or at least semi-mainstream) would have to be Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Quote Originally Posted by andym72 View Post
    ... so 2007-2011. Not necessarily just those aimed at men, but more "as a Man I'd be happy to wear this".

I suspect mine might have been Pure Havane, but sadly all the stores in London that I knew stocked it sold out before the next visit I paid the capital, so I have not tried it.
    There is a bottle available in a store in Madrid in case you're interested (I saw it yesterday).

Legend by Michael Jordan

Time flies when you are having fun guys... Eau des Baux and Burberry London are both 2006, New Haarlem is 2003...

1 more for Pure Havane

WOW, Tobacco Vanille, New Haarlem, Spiritueuse Double Vanille, Lartisan as Mainstream recommendations, i cant imagine the exclusive ones!!!!!

Midnight Poison
    Pure Havane

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    WOW, Tobacco Vanille, New Haarlem, Spiritueuse Double Vanille, Lartisan as Mainstream recommendations, i cant imagine the exclusive ones!!!!!
    Ah, someone else noticed....

Oh duh. Sorry you are right.. my bad.

Halston Man Amber

Tom Ford Extreme

+1 Midnight in Paris

+1 Pure Havane

+1 The One Gentleman (really, I'm not kidding, it's surprisingly good)
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

l'instant guerlain edt
    body kouros ysl
    dior homme
    gucci pour homme 2, is this one gourmand? cause i smell sweet tea scent.

+1 Midnight Poison.

Also, the Shalimars are decent. Ode de la Vanille and Shalimar Initial.

That'll be Tonka Imperiale then.

I bought 1ml recently for £9, waaay over my usual limit per ml, but as the seller was a fellow BN'er (and anyone selling that kind of fragrance usually is) I name-dropped BN and he waived postage. BN is like the Freemasons in that respect, gotta love it.

Anyway, was it worth it?

Uh-huh
    Measure twice. Cut once.