Code of Conduct

Default Blue Sugar by Aquinos - Your Take?

I remember smelling Blue Sugar a little while ago but its no longer in stores. Is it an intense gourmand? If we love sweetness and caramel overtones, is this it? Obviously its something you would only wear at nighttime with nice clothes (not a daytime scent) as I believe it is romantic or sensual. Who favors it or has received compliments when wearing it? Your input is valued. Thanks!

Basenotes Junkie Vitamin B Complex's Avatar

Default Re: Blue Sugar by Aquinos - Your Take?

I was gonna buy this, but bought Le Male instead.

Its pure sugar + burnt sugar + some sweetness sugar + sugar

Yes, I still have a bottle. Its very sweet and synthetic but it has gotten me a few comps. Its also very inexpensive.

Cheers
    What do you call people that are afraid of Santa Claus?

Claustrophobic

I got a couple samples of it with my last purchase from Fragrancenet... I wore it a couple times before throwing the samples away. I thought it was pretty bad. I agree with the above post that it's very sweet. If that's your thing, check it out..reminded me of cotton candy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin B Complex View Post
    I was gonna buy this, but bought Le Male instead.
    Much better choice IMO.

Angel men light.. I like it better, nice stuff.

Cmax...

Basenotes Junkie Vitamin B Complex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Much better choice IMO.
    Thanks man.

Aquinos??????
    Do you mean AQUOLINA?????

It is mainly Cotton Candy, but it has a patchouli background that is spectacular.
    And the most important thing: My wife loves it!!!!!!

Read my review if you wanna know more about it

Awesome review Perfume Collector! I liked how you distinguished it away from A*Men, since I really WANT to like that fragrance, but can't because of the rubber or synthetic note in it that is making it too obtrusive or intruding. For those of us who want something more wearable or even more sensual then than A*Men, would you recommend Blue Sugar?!

Pertinent: I am really also interested in Chocolovers, though I have never smelled this. Is it for men and women or targeted for women only? Also, if anyone smelled it, can you describe? If it is any bit feminine I will pass...but people say it smells like Chocolate chip fresh baked cookies. Can a guy pull that off?

Someone said it smells like Nutella...can anyone verify that? That we be awesome if it does...

Gross!

Dudester!: I can't stand A*men and I love Blue Sugar, A*men makes me gag and then it gives me a headache (and I am not prone to headaches), but I would consider them two different scents altogether, both are sweet, but the tarry note in A*men is replaced by anise/strawberry jam and the patchouly in Blue Sugar is heavenly while the patchouli in A*men is dirty, giving them a totally different "flavor" to me.
    If you are looking for a more wearable A*men then you should try Animale Animale for men by Animale.

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120103.html

The coffee note in A*men is replaced by chocolate in Animale Animale
    Not only is more wearable than A*men, is better than A*men, and it costs une fourth. I am sure you'll enjoy it much better than A*men
    Last edited by PerfumeCollector; 15th August 2011 at 03:44 AM.

I hate Blue Sugar, the burn sugar opening just turns me off. There are many other gourmand out there much better than it. However, their Chocolovers is really nice, a straight up chocolate, as real as the smell of dark chocolate can be, synthetic but nice. If you want something complex then look where else but if you want to smell like a walking chocolate bar then you'll love it, Chocolovers is marketed as a unisex fragrance but lean toward the feminine side I think.

The opening is super harsh and sweet, It was just far too much to handle. The drydown is bareable. For me, I only wore it onc - can't stand it.

Re. Animale Animale for men by Animale: If you want to test it but can't find any place to do so, try Angel For Women. Gives a really good idea of what it smells like. Animale is a good fragrance.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Its too sweet..like cotton candy..it will make you diabetic....I can not stand it for a second...If you looking for some fairly priced gourmand try Animale Animale for men instead....

Sweetest frag on the market really. It's like A*Men's opening on crack, huge projection, and very hard to pull off from my experience. I would much rather wear A*Men and go light on the trigger, than this junk.

Good for dieting as the sweetness overkill will put you off everything sweet.

I want to buy it online but will cost me like 65$ because of taxes + shipping + customs

My take is I paid £6.12 for it, I wouldn't have paid much more...
    Last edited by QWERTYOP; 15th August 2011 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME1996 View Post
    I want to buy it online but will cost me like 65$ because of taxes + shipping + customs
    Where do you live? Antarctica? There are sites that ship worldwide that sell it cheap.

I'm fairly partial to this one due to the intense licorice note in it. Many gourmands turn strangely floral and sour on me, so the alpha-level sweetness here means this is one of the few that I truly enjoy. The only other sweet gourmand that works for me is New Haarlem, which is a much nicer scent, but also literally ten times as costly. This is a decent budget alternative, but something I would only wear occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    Good for dieting as the sweetness overkill will put you off everything sweet.
    Awesome. Let's see if it works.

I just bought Blue Sugar after receiving a sample. I really love it and am surprised that some describe it as overly sweet or not a sufficiently masculine fragrance. It is sweeter than traditional "musk, woods, spice, and leather" scents, but not overwhelming (unlike PI from Givenchy!) and I believe the bold anise notes counteract and make this warm and masculine. I agree that the name is somewhat less than manly, but the fragrance is a nice counterpoint for a traditional collection of Men's colognes that keep with those fragrance notes mentioned before. I am pleased to balance my own collection with this fascinating and unique addition!

Blue Sugar is just obnoxious to me..