Code of Conduct

Default L'instant pour homme different enough from L'instant extreme?

I'm really loving the EDP of this. Just wondering if the EDT is worth having. I have ordered samples 2 times but 1 was cancled on me because they said they were out of stock, the other arrived in the womens version. No luck with the sample.

Default Re: L'instant pour homme different enough from L'instant extreme?

Yes there is, the EDT you get a blast of citrus and a hint of grapefruit at the top, from there the anise and cocoa comes forward leading to a warm almost creamy drydown. With the EDP the Cocoa comes forth immediately with the citrus staying in the background. Longevity and sillage are both terrific with the EdT as well (8-10 hours) If you love the EDP your going to love the EdT.

I have them both and literally love them equally.

Would you say they are as different as Dior homme and homme intense?

No... I think checker hit the nail on the head... the cocoa note is basically the same but MUCH more pronounced in the EDP. The EDT has a blast of citrus in the beginning... I actually prefer the EDT b/c it is more wearable as an every day cologne.

So we are only looking at some citrus in the top notes during a hour or so, then a lighter cocoa compared to the EDP then?

Yes... you can't go wrong with either!

No. pretty much the same after about 30 min.

I actually have the EDP plus one back up, was just thinking of adding the EDT, if it were just as nice in a different way.

Looking like I may just pass on it then. Haha, I think I'm just lookin' for my next fix!

I like having both. They are different enough for me to warrant having a bottle of each.

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
    So we are only looking at some citrus in the top notes during a hour or so, then a lighter cocoa compared to the EDP then?
    The citrus in the EDT stays present for 80 % throughout the scent lifetime . It will disappear during the very final hours of the drydown .

Projection on the EDT is much better also .
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Yes, they are different enough . Actually I don't like L'instant pour homme and love Extreme version. Two different fragrances

My nose doesn't discern a great difference other than one lasting longer.

I like both but agree with comments that the Extreme version is more suited to evenings than a day at the office. Very sumptious and luxurious-feeling. Like wearing a tux to work. That said, I like wearing it around Xmas, it is quite 'suited' to the festive period

Quote Originally Posted by nen View Post
    No... I think checker hit the nail on the head... the cocoa note is basically the same but MUCH more pronounced in the EDP. The EDT has a blast of citrus in the beginning... I actually prefer the EDT b/c it is more wearable as an every day cologne.
    100% agree here, the EDT is certainly more versatile than the EDP. You can get away with wearing the EDT even during summer evenings...thanks to the fresh top notes. Regarding the EDP, I would only wear this during the fall and winter months. Both masterpieces and both worth owning...

You guys just had to put me back on the fence didn't you! Just when I felt I was being responsible by not adding another bottle. The arm twisting around here is rediculious. Now where did I put that credit card my wife doesn't know about?

Quote Originally Posted by nen View Post
    Pretty much agree here...
    On the other side, EDP version was (on my skin) too anisey and chocolaty, almost a little feminine...I would even say (against majority on this) that I love EDT and half-like EDP (I wouldn't mind it as a gift, but certainly not keep it too long around)
    "I love fragrances because they provide a sheer endless variety: there is a scent for every occasion, mood or feeling. Standing before my collection in the morning matching a perfume to my needs is one of the most enjoyable things in my day"..... I don't want to miss that

Current Top 12 Fall: | Gucci PH | Cacharel Nemo |
    YSL M7 | LAP L'Eau du Navigateur | Guerlain Heritage | YSL M7 OA | T.Mugler Pure Havane | Terre d'Hermes | Armani Attitude | T.Mugler B*Men | Lancome Miracle Homme | T.Mugler Pure Wood |