Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    queen of the universe

Default SOTD: monday, 15 oct 2012

Wow, I get to start! It's 4 am and I'm revisiting Mauboussin de Mauboussin. After a fairly neutral first impression, the woods are starting to grow on me. It occurred to me to try it again, when 2 months into owning Sarrasins I started smelling new wonderful things in that great scent. Thus I thought MdM deserved more than a two-day trial.

Good morning/good day to all!
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Default SOTD: Monday 15th October 2012

Morning my lovelies,

It's a dull very cold day up here and I can't make up my mind whether I would do something today. Anyway...I will be wearing the mighty Guerlain - L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme

Hope everyone has a good start to the week

Default Re: SOTD: monday, 15 oct 2012

Morning all,

Back to Black today.

Wishing everyone a great start to the week.

queen of the universe

Default Re: SOTD: Monday 15th October 2012

oops, did not see you had already started SOTD. What to do? Shall I have the moderator delete mine?

queen of the universe

I'm am abashed to report I must have not looked carefully, as fragranceman88 had already started today's SOTD here:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/313...h-October-2012

Morning all.
    Rainy and cool, at last!
    Keeping warm in a white, fuzzy cloud with Etro Heliotrope.
    Have a nice Monday.
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Vintage Chergui.
    Have a good Monday all!

Sharing a Heliotrope vibe with Iodine - Heliotrope Blanc by
    Piver. So comforting on this cold, crisp morning.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Morning!

I'm wearing L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme

P.s - please post to this thread as I want to get my thread deleted

L'Artisan Traversée du Bosphore.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Basenotes Plus

Happy birthday to darling Roberto! Parabens, my dear friend

Today, in your honor, I wear Robert Piguet Douglas Hannant:
    Notes include orange blossom, pear, gardenia, tuberose, jasmine, sandalwood and musk

Wish all a very good start to your week!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Good morning!

Happy birthday, Roberto!

It's Monday and I needed a little "pick-me-up"... so it's Fracas. Now I'm in Diva mode!

Maria-Callas-1024x1024.jpg
    Do happy

Bonjour Mesdames!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

chanel no5 2.jpgThe first male to ever represent the iconic, Chanel no. 5

Racer by Pacoma Parfums

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

Thank you for all the anniversary wishes yesterday, we had a very nice
    and relaxing day.

Happy Birthday, Roberto!!

SotD is Guerlain Gourmand Coquin.

Have a great day!

Godd afternoon fragrant friend.

SotD is Kate Moss Velvet Hour soft, sweet woods that lies close to the skin but has good longevity. Perfect for snotty nose days

Happy birthday to Roberto! Habanita.Good day, y'all!
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Happy Birthday, Roberto!!

I hope all your birthday wishes come true! It is so lovely to see you here each day. You always smell wonderful, and you post the MOST romantic swoony pics. Love to you on your special day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wearing No. 22 edt this morning.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 15th October 2012 at 12:40 PM.

Good morning everyone -

I'm in vintage-80s Calvin Klein for Women.

Y'all have a fantastic day!

Happy Birthday Dear Roberto! I hope you have a very special and beautifully fragrant day! XOXO

Oh, I'm too late - I was hoping to get a seat next to you, lucasai ...you smell incredible!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: monday, 15 oct 2012

Thanks my beloved friends, namely Terri, ladymurasaki,Kiliwia, misscasey, Lilybelle, Evangeline, for your birthday wishes

For me today is
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Oh, I'm too late - I was hoping to get a seat next to you, lucasai ...you smell incredible!
    Thank you sweetheart. I've got just a tiny sample of it but it smells so good I think I'll spring for a bottle sooner than expected.

Roberto, joining the choir of best birthday wishes!

D&G 18 ~ La Lune

queen of the universe

Blows kisses to fragranceman88 for letting my thread prevail—my first ever start of an SOTD.

It smells like fall here.

kewart, I at first misread your post as having notes of heliotrope and iodine—that would be wicked!

Auguri compleanno, Roberto!

Happy Birthday, Roberto! I hope it's a simply fabulous day for you.

A belated Happy Anniversary to Mrs. and Mr. Kiliwia -- what an inspiration!

RHM, so sorry about the scare with your mom. Have they learned anything more?

Ali, I hope you're on the mend soon. Maybe this early cold will be the only one of the season for you -- get it out of the way early, right?

Like iodine yesterday, I am in Huitieme Art Myrrhiad. This one reminds me of Traversee du Bosphore, minus the fruit. The myrrh and licorice combination in Myrrhiad present as leather on me and then, of course, my skin brings out the vanilla. I am all about the sweet, apparently. Not sure yet if this one is FBW for me.

Anomie, sorry about your computer charger, but you couldn't have picked a more evocative description for how Nahema is smelling for you! I love starting a Monday with a good laugh! Thanks for that.

Happy Birthday to our always gentlemanly Roberto! Hope you have a fantastic day!

Belated congrats and Happy Anniversary to the Kiliwias! Now that's a marriage for us all to aspire to!

Foustie, so happy you like Pivoine Rose! You are going for my favorites! I have been especially impressed by the AL complex florals, though she does some lovely soliflores, too.

No scent yet, waiting on my new bottle of 28 La Pausa to arrive. You know what this means-I will be last on the UPS route today!
    The nose wants what it wants!

jujy54, ExtremeK, PerfumeLady, Thanks my dear dear friends. Love you all
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Perfumes

Good morning!
    Excitedly trying Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Libre. It gets lots of mixed reviews but I'm excited to see how it works for me... so far so good!
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    I'm not obsessed, I'm passionately intrigued. The difference is how much money I have available to spend!

Well, the Brad Pitt ad made me LOL, haha. That guy can't act..lol. Omgosh, too funny. That combo did not go well together at all! Haha. Am I the only woman who finds him extremely annoying, bad actor and cheesy-dorky? It's like Fabio.. LOL. It's not butter, it's Chanel no.5, lol. Brad annoys me so bad! It always looks so fake, lol. Well, not tempted to buy number 5 at all, lol. Idk what's up with Chanel..first "noir" then this, lol. I can tell ya one thing..once my mom sees that ad, she may want a no.5, she loves that dude, lol.

Lol..Had to go with Dior and not Chanel, lol.. Hyp. Poison Elixir. Hugs to everyone..except Brad Pitt, LOL!
    Last edited by kalli; 15th October 2012 at 04:11 PM.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Basenotes Institution

Happy Birthday Roberto! I agree with Lilybelle, your SOTD photos are always a daily treat for the eyes. Enjoy your day!

Noel au Balcon by Etat Libre d'Orange

Warm, cuddly, Autumn goodness.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Kalli, I'm going to part ways with you on the subject of Brad. I love him. He may not (or may) be a great actor, but it is irrelevant: he is a movie **star**. He lights up the screen, that is a fact, and I can't not watch him. He was great as Achilles in Troy, and I loved him as Tristan in Legends of the Fall (which was otherwise a big yawn). I haven't seen everthing he has been in, and I'm not President of his fan club, don't care about his personal life, or Brad/Angelina. I haven't seen him in the Chanel ad. I just think he is a true movie *star* and can make an otherwise bad film watchable. Most of the time. The one who annoys me is Tom Cruise. I can't stand him for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    Hugs to everyone..except Brad Pitt, LOL!
    LOL! Needed a good laugh, thank you kalli! Yes, I find him annoying, too. His performance in the No.5 ad seems especially overwrought, even for him.

We love you, too, Roberto! Enjoy your day!

Oh, lilybelle, just saw your post and I'm with you about Tom Cruise. Now he's just obnoxious! Yes, give me Brad any day over him!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Tom Cruise is awful too, LOL! Sorry to BP fans but man, lol. Ya, Legends of the Fall was the worst for me..I couldn't even watch hardly any of that. I kept saying, 'oh brother' the whole time. It's the opposite for me..if there's Brad Pitt, I find it unwatchable. The last movie I was him in was Meet Joe Black whenever that came out..that's where I cut off B.P. movies. Like enough already. lol. But ya, Top Gun was the worst..I remember people thought I was so strange cause I really didn't like Cruise. lol.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Happy Birthday Roberto!! Hope you are enjoying your day.

Sotd was AP Maitresse.

Well, I'm utterly neutral about Brad Pitt. Don't care for the Chanel ad. Wish I'd seen the advert before the last synch Friday, I could have worn No 5!

Kalli - Can I join the "No love for Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt" club too? We both are already members of the "No love for Gardenia" club... The only movie I enjoyed with both Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt was the "Interview with the Vampire."

PerfumedLady - I am sending enabling vibes to postal service: your house will be amongst the first ones on its route and you will be exuding elegant waves of 28 La Pausa shortly...

Happy Birthday, Roberto, I enjoy your pictures too!

SOTD - L'Artisan Iris Pallida

I like you more all the time WF.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Happy Birthday, Roberto!

My feel-good SotD is Creed Fleur de Thé Rose Bulgare.

Ok, well it looks like I've got Brad all to myself then. Still fluffing around in No. 22. Wait...let me go watch the ad. I might change my mind.

,..............I just watched the ad......oh NO!!! Kalli, you're right, it's awful! My poor Brad.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 15th October 2012 at 05:21 PM. Reason: adding a comment

Happy Birthday Roberto sorry I missed it earlier, it was a flying visit at lunchtime. Hope you're having a wonderful day and being on the receiving end of many fine bottles of rare and beautiful fragrance

Still in the remains of KM Velvet Hour but have a yearning for ELDO Charogne after bathing

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post

,..............I just watched the ad......oh NO!!! Kalli, you're right, it's awful! My poor Brad.
    Lol, sorry lilybelle!

Happy Birthday, Roberto! I hope you're having a grand day. You smell divine!

Today I'm in a new purchase, Oscar de la Renta Esprit d'Oscar.
    It's not in the directory, but the notes include (courtesy now smell this): lemon, bergamot, citron, jasmine, orange flower, tuberose, heliotrope, vetiver, tonka bean, and musk.
    It's a very lovely dry floral, if that makes sense...

Good Evening,

Happy Birthday, Roberto ! Many fragrant returns to you.

Boo to Monsieur Pitt and boo to the current formula of No.5. I'm in some of the 80's EdP tonight.

So many lovely fragrances being worn here today.

Best to all.

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    I like you more all the time WF.
    Thank you, Kalli, I feel the same.

Happy Birthday Roberto!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you had a great day

I am wearing Le Labo Iris 39 today, and, no, I still do not like it. I thought I would revisit since my sampling of a year or so ago. Still piercing and sharply green and violety - finally settling down a bit towards the drydown to avoid a headache.

Hummm.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

A drive-by post to say I should have time later in the week to catch up here. Book interview is rescheduled for tomorrow. The family takes off for RHM's neighborhood come Saturday, then I'm indulging in home-alone fragrance sampling-reading-posting. Until fate allows more time -- multiple kissies, kiddies.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Ok, well it looks like I've got Brad all to myself then. Still fluffing around in No. 22. Wait...let me go watch the ad. I might change my mind.

Lillybelle, I haven't watched the ad, nor am I inclined to because I just know it's going to try to be uber-serious and with purposeful gravitas "appropriate" to such a classic brand -- precisely the kind of acting situation in which Brad is just awful and comes off as trying too hard. Yuck.

He does much better (and I like him so much) in pictures that don't take themselves, or their characters, too seriously. I really liked him in his debut in Thelma and Louise, loved him in Fight Club, Snatch, and Mr. and Mrs. Smith, thought he was just PERFECT in Ocean's 11 and 13 (12 was a horrid picture generally), and found him awesomely grotesque and funny in Burn After Reading and Inglorious Basterds.

But that's just me.

Yep, it is a trying too hard, Brad. Remember those old Obsession TV ads? I think you're right, ExtremeK, he's better in pictures that don't take themselves too seriously.

Good luck with the interview, Quarry!

It's getting awfully close to wine o'clock. Have to feed the dog first. I hope everyone has/is having a good evening. I'll probably be flouncing around in Chantilly again.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Burberry today.

Love Brad Pitt, he is not a good actor I agree. Hate Tom Cruise, he is not a good actor and does not appeal to me on a "looker" level.

I wore Perles de Lalique.

Hello again!

I'm in Rossy de Palma for the afternoon.

Eh, the Chanel spots with Brad are pretty lame, and I couldn't care less about either Brad or Tom as actors, but I don't mind some of the things Brad has done for New Orleans since Katrina, so he's an a-okay guy in my book.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Feliz compleaños Roberto!

To Dream today for first day at temp to hopefully perm job, it's a head clearing scent despite the name

Quote Originally Posted by devilcat View Post
    Happy Birthday Roberto!! Hope you are enjoying your day.

Sotd was AP Maitresse.

Well, I'm utterly neutral about Brad Pitt. Don't care for the Chanel ad. Wish I'd seen the advert before the last synch Friday, I could have worn No 5!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Robin-in-FL View Post
    Feliz compleaños Roberto!

To Dream today for first day at temp to hopefully perm job, it's a head clearing scent despite the name

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Happy Birthday Roberto!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you had a great day

I am wearing Le Labo Iris 39 today, and, no, I still do not like it. I thought I would revisit since my sampling of a year or so ago. Still piercing and sharply green and violety - finally settling down a bit towards the drydown to avoid a headache.

Hummm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Good Evening,

Happy Birthday, Roberto ! Many fragrant returns to you.

Boo to Monsieur Pitt and boo to the current formula of No.5. I'm in some of the 80's EdP tonight.

So many lovely fragrances being worn here today.

Best to all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisewater View Post
    Happy Birthday, Roberto! I hope you're having a grand day. You smell divine!

Today I'm in a new purchase, Oscar de la Renta Esprit d'Oscar.
    It's not in the directory, but the notes include (courtesy now smell this): lemon, bergamot, citron, jasmine, orange flower, tuberose, heliotrope, vetiver, tonka bean, and musk.
    It's a very lovely dry floral, if that makes sense...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lucasai View Post
    Thank you sweetheart. I've got just a tiny sample of it but it smells so good I think I'll spring for a bottle sooner than expected.

Roberto, joining the choir of best birthday wishes!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Happy Birthday Roberto! I agree with Lilybelle, your SOTD photos are always a daily treat for the eyes. Enjoy your day!

Noel au Balcon by Etat Libre d'Orange

Warm, cuddly, Autumn goodness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alityke View Post
    Happy Birthday Roberto sorry I missed it earlier, it was a flying visit at lunchtime. Hope you're having a wonderful day and being on the receiving end of many fine bottles of rare and beautiful fragrance

Still in the remains of KM Velvet Hour but have a yearning for ELDO Charogne after bathing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefluffy View Post
    Kalli - Can I join the "No love for Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt" club too? We both are already members of the "No love for Gardenia" club... The only movie I enjoyed with both Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt was the "Interview with the Vampire."

PerfumedLady - I am sending enabling vibes to postal service: your house will be amongst the first ones on its route and you will be exuding elegant waves of 28 La Pausa shortly...

Happy Birthday, Roberto, I enjoy your pictures too!

SOTD - L'Artisan Iris Pallida

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Happy Birthday, Roberto!

My feel-good SotD is Creed Fleur de Thé Rose Bulgare.
    Perfumes

Hello all. I will enter myself on the pro-Pitt side of the ledger, but only in movies where he gets to be silly, like Ocean's 11.

Today I wore MPG Santal Noble - finishing up ignored samples that just have one wear left in them, to make room for more.

summer means fireflys

I'm scent twins with iodine today ... I'm also in Etro Heliotrope. It's something I can wear when I'm a little under the weather, like today.

Not a huge fan of Brad, but I do like several of his movies (including Legends of the Fall!) <whispers> I sort of like the Chanel no5 ad.

Sending happy birthday wishes to Roberto!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

That's another SotD thread that can be subtitled "Only on the ladies' side of BN" -- discussion about Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise. Well, I have had a chance to see the commercial itself -- on the F-site -- and, pun included, it is pitts! He is too artificial and does not have enough polish for No.5. All IMNSHO, and I love him.

Have you noticed how many people were having a birthday yesterday? About 250? On the bottom of the Main Forum page.

Blog Entries

SOTD: Original Santal by Creed.