Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Indian Websites to Shop

Guys,

As much as I enjoy visiting shoppersstop or Lifestyle and try out colognes, I would also liketo shop online from a store that sells authentic stuff and offer discounted prices just like Fragrancenet and other online stores in the US or elsewhere. But with the reputation most Indian websites have, I get the feeling I will be sold a fake or knock off..

So I thought it wasn't a bad idea to open a thread to discuss our experiences with online retailers in India, if anyone here shops online.. Also, please tell us how yo go about shopping for colognes, if it isn't online:

My experience so far goes like this:

1. Perfumestore.in - It is a Mumbai based company owned by Mr Chirag. Apparently, he has been in this business for years (started by his forefathers) and he now wants to sell to the rest of the country, hence online. So far, I have had two experiences, that of Pure Havanne by Thierry Mugler and Play Intense by Givenchy. Everything about the transactions was perfect and smooth. I am planning to order a couple more, so I will let you all know how it goes. First thoughts - recommended..

2. Perfume2order.com - Based in Gurgaon, delivery is as quick as it can get because I live in Delhi. I have read a lot of negative reviews about the quality of products they sell and my experience with Burberry London was no different. The perfume was over 7 years old and it doesn't smell anything like the way it smells every time I go to shoppersstop and try some.. So I definitely don't recommend them.

3. Shopperstop - Very poor online collection. It is probably one-tenth of the brands they sell at the store. Besides, they are so expensive that I really don't see what's the incentive for buying online. 3.4 oz play intense that I got for 3400 from perfumestore.in sells for 4k at SS regardless of whether you get it online or otherwise. So not so recommended and fail to understand their online business model.. Having said that, I have bought Fahrenheit, 1 Million and Aqva from the store and the peace of mind of shopping from them is amazing. Authenticity of the product is guaranteed and that is probably what you pay for. If perfumestore continues to provide the same level of service, I would never bother shopping from SS.

Now, its your turn to take a few minutes and share your experiences so we all learn from each other.. Hope this helps!

Prashanth
    Last edited by prashanth14485; 1st July 2012 at 06:45 PM.

Default Re: Best Indian Websites to Shop

Hey Prashant,

Thanks for taking the time out to write such an in-depth review. The Ecommerce market in India is slowly picking up and many more perfume stores have come up since you last posted. Perfumesdirect is one, while most of the multi-speciality online stores have also started selling perfumes now. I'm expecting this number to only go up in the future.

PerfumeStore.in doesn't appear to be active anymore though. I visited their site and it took me to a parked domain page.

We've started out a new website selling perfumes ourselves, so you might want to check it out too. It's called StyleCube.in (Trying hard NOT to blatantly self-promote )

Regards

Bhavik
    Last edited by socalwoman; 10th June 2012 at 10:33 AM.

Super Member freewheelingvagabond's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Purchased Polo by Ralph Lauren from Flipkart. Reputed seller, so was assured about product quality. Smooth shopping experience from start to end (including shipping). The downside is that they do not offer a lot of discount on the MRP (10-15% on the average).

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have tried medplusbeauty.com . Their prices are good (CK Eternity for 1650 100ml). Appears authentic. Although packing and shipping is low grade. The edt was original though. One problem , the expensive Vichy cream that I ordered was an open box.

Quote Originally Posted by prashanth14485 View Post
    Guys,

As much as I enjoy visiting shoppersstop or Lifestyle and try out colognes, I would also liketo shop online from a store that sells authentic stuff and offer discounted prices just like Fragrancenet and other online stores in the US or elsewhere. But with the reputation most Indian websites have, I get the feeling I will be sold a fake or knock off..

So I thought it wasn't a bad idea to open a thread to discuss our experiences with online retailers in India, if anyone here shops online.. Also, please tell us how yo go about shopping for colognes, if it isn't online:

1. Perfumestore.in - It is a Mumbai based company owned by Mr Chirag. Apparently, he has been in this business for years (started by his forefathers) and he now wants to sell to the rest of the country, hence online. So far, I have had two experiences, that of Pure Havanne by Thierry Mugler and Play Intense by Givenchy. Everything about the transactions was perfect and smooth. I am planning to order a couple more, so I will let you all know how it goes. First thoughts - recommended..

2. Perfume2order.com - Based in Gurgaon, delivery is as quick as it can get because I live in Delhi. I have read a lot of negative reviews about the quality of products they sell, but my one experience of Burberry London was alright. However, most scents on their website are insanely priced for some reason. For ex: A 2oz YSL L'Homme sells for 2800 INR whereas you will get a 3.4oz L'homme for 2700 INR on perfumestore.in

Otherwise, the stuff I got was genuine and had no problems with getting London (one of the very few reasonably priced colognes on their site).

3. Shopperstop - Very poor online collection. It is probably one-tenth of the brands they sell at the store. Besides, they are so expensive that I really don't see what's the incentive for buying online. 3.4 oz play intense that I got for 3400 from perfumestore.in sells for 4k at SS regardless of whether you get it online or otherwise. So not so recommended and fail to understand their online business model.. Having said that, I have bought Fahrenheit, 1 Million and Aqva from the store and the peace of mind of shopping from them is amazing. Authenticity of the product is guaranteed and that is probably what you pay for. If perfumestore continues to provide the same level of service, I would never bother shopping from SS.

Now, its your turn to take a few minutes and share your experiences so we all learn from each other.. Hope this helps!

Prashanth

Hi Prashanth,

Thanks for this info. Perfumestore.in is a nice place to shop. I ordered a few items from them and their service is good since they shipped the consignment the same day it was ordered, and that too, through a quality courier service provider. Now only the quality of the products need to be ascertained. I shall update the information once I receive the shipment.

I had been shopping on Perfume2order for the past year and half. Comparatively, I definitely find the prices offered on perfumestore quite reasonable than the rates offered on perfume2order, atm. Also the former is not charging any additional shipping charges (within India) if the order is above INR 1500/-.

Edit (Added): Wow, what a pleasant shopping experience. I received the shipment within 48 hours from the time I placed my order and the packaging was properly done. My order consisted of the following:

Product Title Price
    Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel Fragrance for Men EDT 120 ml Rs. 888.00
    Cacharel Anais Anais Perfume for Women EDT 100 ml Rs. 3,110.22
    Davidoff Cool Water Fragrance for Men EDT 125 ml Rs. 1,865.78
    Sub Total : Rs. 5,864
    Shipping : Rs. 0
    VAT : Rs. 733
    Total : Rs. 6,597

Above all, I am satisfied with the quality of the products.
    Last edited by aristotle; 14th June 2012 at 12:35 PM.

Hi,

What is the delivery charge for ordering perfumes online in India. My location is South Mumbai. Do they accept cash on delivery?

Hi folks, made a few more purchases from perfumestore,in. The juices arrived in good shape and the packaging was also pretty nicely done. The order: 1) Thierry Mugler - A*Men, 2) Creed - Green Irish Tweed (tester bottle/ without cap) and Giorgio Armani - Acqua di Gio (pour homme 200 ml)

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    Is the site perfumestore in functioning?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aristotle View Post
    Hi folks, made a few more purchases from perfumestore,in. The juices arrived in good shape and the packaging was also pretty nicely done. The order: 1) Thierry Mugler - A*Men, 2) Creed - Green Irish Tweed (tester bottle/ without cap) and Giorgio Armani - Acqua di Gio (pour homme 200 ml)
    How much did you pay for A*Men?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by drtu View Post
    Hi
    Is the site perfumestore in functioning?
    Thanks

Totally.. Here is the link.. Happy shopping!

http://www.theperfumestore.in/
    Prashanth

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Guys,
    I'm new to the forum and I'm from New Delhi.
    As for the websites, I've bought perfumes from yebhi.com and jabong.com.
    Good price and one can use coupons sometimes to reduce the price. The perfumes are original and delivery is great.
    You guys should check out myntra.com(no or very little discount) , flipkart.com, infibeam.com, snapdeal.com(good range, better than all others I believe), yebhi.com(decent range), jabong.com.

Unhappy Re: Best Indian Websites to Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy View Post
    Hello Guys,
    I'm new to the forum and I'm from New Delhi.
    As for the websites, I've bought perfumes from yebhi.com and jabong.com.
    Good price and one can use coupons sometimes to reduce the price. The perfumes are original and delivery is great.
    You guys should check out myntra.com(no or very little discount) , flipkart.com, infibeam.com, snapdeal.com(good range, better than all others I believe), yebhi.com(decent range), jabong.com.

Thank you all for writing your experience here. I am pretty skeptic about buying perfumes online in India. I am on a hunt for the best bargain on online store for perfume and still havent found one.

I own a few colognes and know how they smell. Hence trying to get the best deal for the smell I know if its original.

My first buy was from yebhi.com. I regularly buy from them and their service is decent, but the same cannot be said for colognes. I ordered a Paco Rabbane from yebhi. It smelt original only for first few sprays and then turned out to be crap. They were kind enough to take it back but gave me a gift coupon to be redeemed on other purchases. I took a chance again and ordered a cheap cologne and that turned out to be fake too. So yebhi.com is surely not a place to buy colognes.

I tried ebay too, from a seller with a very high rating. My Aqua di Gio looked great and did not display any signs of a cheap fake cologne. Joy was shortlived as it did not even smell close to the original I own. The seller has promised me to replace it, but Im not sure to accept the replacement or get my money back.

Next order will be from flipkart.com. Hope atleast they sell original stuff.

Has anyone here ordered from strawberrynet????? They have very good reputation here on basenotes, but Im worried about the Indian customs.

Overall, all my attempts to buy colognes online in India have been disappointing.

How much did you pay for A*Men?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Prashanth,

I made that purchase a couple of months ago so I don't remember the exact amount, atm. My order was slightly above 20K so those guys gave me an additional discount. So, I guess, it was in the range of 4.6 - 4.7K for 100ml.

Sorry for the delay in replying to your post. Been a tad busy off late.

is theperfumestore.in site down?
    I'm unable to register or buy anything on that site..
    any new reliable alternatives..?

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually head to Flipkart or Jabong for any of my Fragrance requirements....They might not have the best prices but their amazing packing, 101% authenticity and speedy shipping is worth paying those extra 2 to 3 hundred rupees... I recently bought a bottle of Black XS L'Excess from Jabong and a bottle of Cool Water from Flipkart...I'l give them both a 10 / 10

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Jabong has a nice collection as of now, snapdeal.com also has a decent collection. Flipkart I feel is a bit overpriced.
    Any idea if places like shoppersstop ever do discounts during sale season in their retail stores?

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy View Post
    Jabong has a nice collection as of now, snapdeal.com also has a decent collection. Flipkart I feel is a bit overpriced.
    Any idea if places like shoppersstop ever do discounts during sale season in their retail stores?
    Never...Shopperstop never has discounts on Fragrances and in my experience with them, their prices are at least 500 to 800 more than the prevailing online rates...but yes u can bargain for a good number of samples and they also have bags etc that they give complimentary and no doubts that their Fragrances are Authentic...

Quote Originally Posted by BhavikS3 View Post
    Hey Prashant,

Thanks for taking the time out to write such an in-depth review. The Ecommerce market in India is slowly picking up and many more perfume stores have come up since you last posted. Perfumesdirect is one, while most of the multi-speciality online stores have also started selling perfumes now. I'm expecting this number to only go up in the future.

PerfumeStore.in doesn't appear to be active anymore though. I visited their site and it took me to a parked domain page.

We've started out a new website selling perfumes ourselves, so you might want to check it out too. It's called StyleCube.in (Trying hard NOT to blatantly self-promote )

Regards

Bhavik

Mr Bhavik,

Charging Rs 6150 fo dior farneiht , i dont would rather goto shopper stop and buy it from there. We expect online to be cheap but funny thing is you are charging more than the big retailers.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

That's if you find Fahrenheit there...coz I've searched for it and it's not available in any of the super retail stores; however, having said that I need to mention that StyleCube is a great website with some very difficulut to get fragrances listed...but yes they are kinda expensive...

Bhavin...U could probably think of offering a special discount to Fragrance Enthusiasts and your fellow Base Notes members like me...coz we are serious buyers and will keep coming again and again..wat say ???

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Best Indian Websites to Shop

I have ordered from various websites and here are the reviews based on my personal experience:

1. Strawberrynet.com (Purchased 8 times)- Good prices, excellent customer services, Authentic items. The only negative point is that you have to wait for 7-10 working days to receive your order. Other than that 9/10.

2. Perfume2order.com (purchased two times)- Super-fast delivery, Authentic products, but the discounts are not attractive.

3. Pepperfry.com (purchased 4 times)- Delivery is good, prices are good, customer services are good. They also provide you with discount coupons and flat offs, by applying which you get perfumes at a very reasonable price. The deal is, you have got to make a deal here.

4. Tradus.com (ordered single time)- delivery is good, prices are good, A lot of variety.

5. Homeshop.com (ordered 3 times)-They are really good guys! They have a LOT OF DISCOUNTS going on throughout the year. They are ATM having 999INR discount on the perfume cart value of 2499. I love their delivery + authentic products.

6. Ebay Global (ordered 4-5 times)- I have ordered two testers and others from ebay global buy. Slow delivery as the item is purchased and resold to customer by ebay itself. But the products ahve always been genuine and pocket friendly.

7. Ebay India- Most of the perfumes seem to be fakes. So I didn't buy anything from here except two or three minis.

Good luck with your perfume hunt.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Last month my friend suggested me to shop from Grabmore.I had a good experience there..They had neat details regarding the products and prices less than many other online shops.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry for being so unresponsive.. I am glad to see so many frag heads join this thread.. Its important we form a small community of our own and learn from each others' experiences..

Anyways, just so you guys know perfumestore.in has been re-branded and now goes by the name perfumemania.in.

Is there anyone out here who has ventured into the niche territory yet? I used to wonder why are they so expensive but trust me guys, they are worth every penny.. I blind bought musc ravageur and love it so much that i often run out of words to describe.. now planning to buy a creed or bond number 9 fragrance.. trying to save some money.. the only problem is that i have a very dry skin and even strong scents like le male doesn't last long on my skin.. and when I read about how creeds don't last, I have a tough time making up my mind.. anyways, do keep your wardrobe section updated so that we all know whats in your closet.. lolzz

cheers guys!!
    Prashanth

Post Thanks / Like

hey.. quick question.. Does it not get stuck in customs and all when you order from strawberrynet.com?

Quote Originally Posted by SmellGoodKR View Post
    I have ordered from various websites and here are the reviews based on my personal experience:

1. Strawberrynet.com (Purchased 8 times)- Good prices, excellent customer services, Authentic items. The only negative point is that you have to wait for 7-10 working days to receive your order. Other than that 9/10.

2. Perfume2order.com (purchased two times)- Super-fast delivery, Authentic products, but the discounts are not attractive.

3. Pepperfry.com (purchased 4 times)- Delivery is good, prices are good, customer services are good. They also provide you with discount coupons and flat offs, by applying which you get perfumes at a very reasonable price. The deal is, you have got to make a deal here.

4. Tradus.com (ordered single time)- delivery is good, prices are good, A lot of variety.

5. Homeshop.com (ordered 3 times)-They are really good guys! They have a LOT OF DISCOUNTS going on throughout the year. They are ATM having 999INR discount on the perfume cart value of 2499. I love their delivery + authentic products.

6. Ebay Global (ordered 4-5 times)- I have ordered two testers and others from ebay global buy. Slow delivery as the item is purchased and resold to customer by ebay itself. But the products ahve always been genuine and pocket friendly.

7. Ebay India- Most of the perfumes seem to be fakes. So I didn't buy anything from here except two or three minis.

Good luck with your perfume hunt.
    Prashanth

hey.. quick question.. Does it not get stuck in customs and all when you order from strawberrynet.com?
    Three have been delivered and fourth one on the way. Customs was never a problem and the juice was delivered within 10 days of order. Experience with strawberrynet has been the best so far. Their packing is immaculate, and the parcel is sent from Sweden and not Hong Kong.

- - - Updated - - -

Another site to try would be ibhejo.com.

They seem to source from amazon.com and their prices are including delivery charge and customs. Would be trying them out soon.

Well thats a really nice App for perfume lovers:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ragrancefinder

:-)

Red face Re: Best Indian Websites to Shop

Hey,

Nice to see that there are so many options for buying perfumes online in India.

My personal favourite is PerfumeMania.in Have bought a couple of perfumes like Versace Bright Crystal and Creed Himalaya for my husband. Must say these guys are doing a great job. They can even get you perfumes that are not available on their website or for that matter even the ones that are not available elsewhere. Kudos to the team!

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey friends
    let's start splits, decants for all of us in india, i have a source for obtaining various niche scents and various designer scents at really good prices, i can gurantee authenticity as out of the 100 odd bottle's i own, all are through them locally as i am in touch with a few friends who are into this business, also these friends have contacts with various courier companies and i don't think courier would be a problem as i just sent aventus by creed to my brother in kerala, reached successfully in about 10-12 days with tracking.
    If someone needs a particular fragrance just shoot me a pm or email at "d_Devilsown@hotmail.com", i would be more than happy to hook someone up with it at cost, after all if we basenoters cant help each other, who will ?
    Glad to be of assistance

Out of all those perfumes website that exist on the internet, i have had the best experience with Buyanyperfume.com
    I compared the prices with other websites and they have the best prices to offer. The other thing that impressed me was packing of the product. Simply awesome.
    http://www.buyanyperfume.com/

Moderator.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saiftech View Post
    Out of all those perfumes website that exist on the internet, i have had the best experience with Buyanyperfume.com
    I compared the prices with other websites and they have the best prices to offer. The other thing that impressed me was packing of the product. Simply awesome.
    Just interested, do you have a financial interest in the company?

Guys,

2. Perfume2order.com - Based in Gurgaon, delivery is as quick as it can get because I live in Delhi. I have read a lot of negative reviews about the quality of products they sell and my experience with Burberry London was no different. The perfume was over 7 years old and it doesn't smell anything like the way it smells every time I go to shoppersstop and try some.. So I definitely don't recommend them.

Prashanth
    Snapdeal Service is Good can give 8/10, but some issues with Courier because they never Deliver Product on Time, because Pre-Ordering means giving a Product on the Release date but Snapdeal Takes 4 to 5 Days to Deliver one Product, But Never Mind I can Adjust to that because Snapdeal gives awesome Freebies which even Flipkart doesn’t give and another Good Thing is "Discount" who doesn’t love Discount? Snapdeal gives the Best Discount compared to any Online Seller, they generally gives 10% Discount at Regular Periods as Sales or Discount Zone which I love it. Snapdeal has to improve the Optimization and Stability of their Website because it never Responds correctly, Login doesn’t come up at time and Credit Card or Debit card. I am Good with it, will buy their Future Goods if the Features and Stability is Good. Check out the link http://www.couponcodebazaar.com/