Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Fragrances: Jo Loves - Pomelo, Green Orange & Coriander, Orange Tulle and Gardenia

From nstperfume.com:

Jo Loves is the new brand for Jo Malone, who sold her eponymous line to Estee Lauder some years ago. Jo Loves debuts with four fragrances: Pomelo, Green Orange & Coriander, Orange Tulle and Gardenia:

Each fragrance is defined by the unique personality of its wearer; ‘Pomelo’ is clean and crisp, ‘Green Orange & Coriander’ is soulful and sassy, ‘Orange Tulle’ is fun and flirty and ‘Gardenia’ is rich and regal. Which scent are you?

Pomelo (shown) ~ “Pomelo is clean and crisp; it’s my best friend made up of memories and moments. It’s that feeling of fresh linen sheets or a glass of bubbling fizzy water with a slice of lime and lots of crushed ice. Like me, Pomelo has a masculine side to it, it’s confident and sharp.”

Green Orange & Coriander ~ “Green Orange & Coriander is soulful and sassy. It has a wonderfully clean smell to it and the marriage between green citrus and herb sits beautifully together and becomes very sexy. It’s incredibly comforting yet at the same time it evokes a real sense of passion and warmth.”

Orange Tulle ~ “Orange Tulle is fun and flirty. It’s a fragrance which captures movement and breathes life as its soft floral notes dance up and down drawing you in and teasing. It’s a very feminine scent with a wonderfully fragile element to it, almost like a bride on her wedding day.”

Gardenia ~ “Gardenia is rich and regal. This fragrance walks into a room and stands out in the crowd. You can instantly feel the creaminess of the petal and the distinctive floral note which evokes memories of beautiful Hawaiian summer days as well as hints of a winter evening.”

Jo Loves Pomelo, Green Orange & Coriander, Orange Tulle and Gardenia will debut this week at a pop-up store at Selfridges in London, one each day (Pomelo is out on Monday), in 100 ml Eau de Toilette for £95 each. You can find more information at the Jo Loves website.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New Fragrances: Jo Loves - Pomelo, Green Orange & Coriander, Orange Tulle and Gardenia

Ms. Malone sure does love her citrus, doesn't she? Pomelo, green orange, orange...!
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New Fragrances: Jo Loves - Pomelo, Green Orange & Coriander, Orange Tulle and Gardenia

It appears Jo is maintaining the Jo Malone tradition of making it hard to sample her perfumes. Unless I'm missing it, there is no way to order samples. Will have to get them from The Perfumed Court. All four scents sound right up my alley.
    Monarch butterflies require milkweed to prevent extinction

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

They do sound nice.

I wonder what stores will be carrying them in the USA?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I wonder what stores will be carrying them in the USA?
    It's an interesting thought - it's hard to imagine any of the department stores that have invested in those huge Jo Malone areas would want to bring these in, so that immediately eliminates almost all the upscale chains here, and I can't imagine Barneys picking it up, and they're too expensive for Macys, so I'm afraid it may be doomed to be yet another British niche line that doesn't really make waves outside of the UK (like Ormonde Jayne or Illuminum). If they're distributed by LVMH (are they??), maybe they'll show up at Sephora, though. Maybe they'd be a good fit for Space NK?
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Post Thanks / Like

I have such a love/hate relationship with Ms Malones' fragrances. I love quite a few of them ....but the staying power is just not there with many.

There are a number of disturbing aspects about her *price points* that bother me as well. Making an *outlet* store in a large banking district seemed odd. And when Jo Malone became available in Attica in Athens in the boom days(!!!!!!!!!!!) the prices were just ridiculous and the numbers of people buying meant appointments for your how many hundred bottles. I could bathe in Shalimar for the opening prices (is that where the debt came from?). Then to be invited to one of the *special events* where every guest seemed to have three goodie bags that would make a Tatler editor blush.

But my worst experience was a past dear boyfriend acquiring the large limited edition of one of the White Tie events. I couldn't and still can't bear the smell of it, but the good manners and intent he gave it to me has made it a memorable keepsake.

When I rang the main store to find out what exactly was in this weird conconction, where I had purchased many products I was congratulated on *having been given this gift* (they obviously knew). The SA was oohing and ahhing like I had received the crown jewels. It was just too much......and given the fragrances out there I did not want to be taken as a stupid girl and placing my next order. ! I said it seemed to have been thrown together and eventually got the price out of her. I then said for that money I could have had such and such ....this celebrity thing is too much. Not once did I ask for a refund or an exchange, but then was told how on no condition would I ever have a return or an exchange for such a *fragrance*. I was told look at the number on the back of your fragrance and think how lucky you are!

I still enjoy her fragrances but I test them carefully now. And I do consider them fragrances to wear on aircraft and such, as a lot are refreshing and I doubt a few sprays could be considered offensive. But I often wonder like the make up and skin care ranges range what pieces the Estee Lauder company will have to retire.

Some of the fragrances I like very much.......I just find it an *odd* part of the EL group.

regards to all

Sea Roses

ps are we allowed to be cross here at times with these houses...pls forgive if this is not allowed. And I never found out what it was supposed to have been made from....that was the *magic* of this fragrance!
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    It's an interesting thought - it's hard to imagine any of the department stores that have invested in those huge Jo Malone areas would want to bring these in, so that immediately eliminates almost all the upscale chains here, and I can't imagine Barneys picking it up, and they're too expensive for Macys, so I'm afraid it may be doomed to be yet another British niche line that doesn't really make waves outside of the UK (like Ormonde Jayne or Illuminum). If they're distributed by LVMH (are they??), maybe they'll show up at Sephora, though. Maybe they'd be a good fit for Space NK?
    Yes, I can't see them at Nordstrom or Saks. Maybe at Anthropologie, like the new Ineke fragrances?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

(duplicate post)
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 3rd January 2012 at 05:34 PM.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The website has short videos now with Jo Malone talking about each of the 4 fragrances.
    http://www.joloves.com/fragrances

I had a little correspondence with the communications director of Jo Loves, who read this thread. She wrote to me, "...we are huge fans of your site" and added, "It’s interesting that a few of the forum comments seem to think that Jo is still part of the Jo Malone brand which we’re working hard to correct to stop any on-going confusion and your help in highlighting this message is appreciated."

While the line is not yet available in the states, and bottles cannot yet be mailed here either, they do plan to set up US distribution.

If samples of all four become available at any point, I'll start a little sampling group.

I still can't get past of the name of her new line "Jo Loves". Can somebody who musters English better than myself explain to me what it actually means? Jo loves what? Perfumes, her customers? Or is it the "loves of Jo" which would be her fragrances? Or Jo is full of love? It sounds tacky whichever I choose.

Somebody help - I am thoroughly confused.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree that the name is dumb. Perhaps a clean break with a "Jo whatever" naming convention would've been a better move.

Post Thanks / Like

Sea Roses, What an odd experience! And yes, it's ok to vent about perfume houses/retailers. As far as I know, there are no rules against the airing of grievances. )