Code of Conduct

Lightbulb Help with first Creed - blind buy!

Hi everyone,
    I've been reading this forum for a long time and it's probably the best fragrances forum on the internet, so I hope you can help me!

I have always been interested in Creed fragrances but I live in Brazil and it's really hard to find them here. There are only a couple of online stores that carry Creed but the price is insane (like more than 2x the US retail price) and that also makes it impossible for me to test them.

All said, I'd never spend that much money on a blind buy, but I received a really nice gift certificate and now I can get 2 for free and need suggestions!

I'm 23 (almost 24) and more interested in fragrances for night time. It can get really hot here during the summer and we don't really have winter weather, so not a fan of overpowering/sweet/cloying scents.

I'm inclined to Green Irish Tweed + Silver Mountain Water since they seem to be the most popular, but I'm open to recommendations!

what I like in no particular order: Dior Homme Sport, Allure, Terre d'hermes, L'eau d'Issey, Hugo by Hugo Boss, Power by Kenzo, etc

what I don't like: Paco Rabanne 1 million, A*men, The Beat by Burberry, 212 Men (this one makes me sick).

Anyone??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help with first Creed - blind buy!

Green Irish Tweed
    Aventus

The above two are the widely recognised favourites, but as you live in Brazil, I would be inclined to suggest Virgin Island Water.

Aventus. End of story

You can add Millésime Impérial to the list, it's quite multi fonctional à la Aventus in my opinion,
    Green irish tweed a bit more formal in a way, i'd also suggest virgin island water, spices and woods..
    Depends on what you're looking for, but yes for a safer bet, I'd choose 2 between: Millésime Impériale, green irish tweed and aventus.
    Welcome and good luck finding the One(s)

Post Thanks / Like

Consider long and hard before you blind buy a Creed off of the net. Just type in Creed batch variations in the forum search bar if you need an extensive explanation. I would personally only buy one online if you know for sure the batch you're getting is good, or if you get it from another BNer who can confirm the consistency. Other than that I would purchase brick and mortar so you get a chance to "test drive" what batch you'll be getting.

Some of the others more knowledgeable on this house probably know which particular fragrances from Creed display the least variation, but it is something to consider none the less. If you're throwing down that kind of money blind, you might as well make good and sure you know exactly what you're going to get.

Either way, based on what you like and what you're looking for, you'd probably like:

Aventus (though this one is a flat out gamble)
    Erolfa
    Virgin Island Water
    Millesime Imperial
    Silver Mountain Water
    Last edited by Partario; 8th November 2011 at 11:30 AM.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Green Irish Tweed
    Virgin Island Water

Buying your first Creed I would go with Green Irish Tweed.

If you get it from an authorized Creed dealer, then I would recommend Millesime Imperiale. Do NOT get this from a discount website. Twice I have bought poor bottles from discounters that weren't even worth $20, the scent was so weak and not accurate. If you get it from an authorized dealer though, chances are better you will get a good bottle.

Otherwise, I would recommend Aventus or Silver Mountain Water. Can't go wrong with them.
    Last edited by Chasing the Dragon; 8th November 2011 at 11:40 AM.
    Current top 10:

1. L'Artisan Dzing!
    2. Lorenzo Villoresi Yerbamate
    3. Guerlain Bois d'Armenie
    4. L'Artisan Al Oudh
    5. Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    6. Parfumerie Generale Bois Blond
    7. Andy Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain
    8. Guerlain Derby
    9. Geo F Trumper Eucris
    10. Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe

I am a huge Creed fan. I have always liked 90% of their offerings. Aventus has a huge following but that is one of Creed's fragrances that I somewhat like but don't love.

Get Green Irish Tweed and Silver Mountain Water. You can also substitute Silver Mountain Water and get Millésime Impérial instead. Definitely get Green Irish Tweed though.

Post Thanks / Like

Green Irish Tweed
    Aventus
    Right now I think that I have all the fragrances that I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post
    If you get it from an authorized Creed dealer, then I would recommend Millesime Imperiale. Do NOT get this from a discount website. Twice I have bought poor bottles from discounters that weren't even worth $20, the scent was so weak and not accurate. If you get it from an authorized dealer though, chances are better you will get a good bottle.

Otherwise, I would recommend Aventus or Silver Mountain Water. Can't go wrong with them.
    Hi! I've read a lot a bout fake creeds, but I'm 100% sure this is the real stuff. And I don't think everyone read my original post, but I'm getting these for free!

I think one of them will be Green Irish Tweed. I tested it 2 years ago at a Neiman Marcus in Las Vegas and I remember liking it, but I wasn't really into fragrances at the time.. so I don't know how much I'll like it now.

For those who suggested Virgin Island Water, I've read it's a bit more on the feminine side? Do you agree?

Thanks for all the suggestions so far, I think for the 2nd one I'm between Silver Mountain Water and Millésime Impérial.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post

Hi! I've read a lot a bout fake creeds, but I'm 100% sure this is the real stuff. And I don't think everyone read my original post, but I'm getting these for free!

I think one of them will be Green Irish Tweed. I tested it 2 years ago at a Neiman Marcus in Las Vegas and I remember liking it, but I wasn't really into fragrances at the time.. so I don't know how much I'll like it now.

For those who suggested Virgin Island Water, I've read it's a bit more on the feminine side? Do you agree?

Thanks for all the suggestions so far, I think for the 2nd one I'm between Silver Mountain Water and Millésime Impérial.

Male Member
    Post Thanks / Like

As you don't like the sweety scents I'd avoid SMW.

Disclaimer: idk lol

I consider SMW a cold weather scent so maybe stay away from that one. VIW is totally unisex, it just smells like coconut. It's not a safe blind buy IMO.

These are my recommendations in order

1. GIT
    2. Aventus
    3. Millisime Imperial
    4. Erolfa
    5. Original Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by tyler-durden View Post
    Green Irish Tweed
    Aventus
    Agree.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tiberije View Post
    Green Irish Tweed
    Aventus
    these ^^^^

Post Thanks / Like

I also tend to prefer warmer weather scents & my two favorite Creed's, by far, are Virgin Island Water and Original Vetiver. I prefer both of these over GIT personally (but that's mainly because I'm not a big fan of violet leaves, which are a prominent factor in GIT). OV would depend on whether you like green/soapy scents, but I would definitely recommend VIW for where you live.

I also like Neroli Sauvage & Selection Verte for warm weather. (but SV is only available in large flacons, and NS, while being a wonderful citrus scent, has very poor longevity).

Post Thanks / Like

I second GIT and OV, further suggestion: Royal Water