Code of Conduct

Default New to forum, and seeking my signature fragrance,which has been discontinued.

hello, everybody. I have loved fragrance since my first gift of ancient days, which included Woodhue,Tigress, and one other oldie I forgot. I then fell in love with Avon's Rapture,(in my twenties, then the original 70's musk, which promptly fell out of favor,since early pregnancy queasiness and musk did not mix well at all.

Since then...Mariella Burani,Cashmire, the original, and the mist, Gucci Rush, then a brief,very heady encounter with Poison,which followed me like a very bad penny....Chanel 19 was a teenage sophistication, and now....

Still liking Rush, a bit. D and G The One...ok...Amazing and Pure Grace by Philosophy, L'eau Ambre by Prada, Shalimar, but my go to signature scent since 2009 has been Bare Skin from Leslie Blodgett.
    At Chistmas, I went to Sephora.com to happily order another bottle of my daily goto scent to find nary a bottle in existance. This scent was me, defined. Soft enough for office, warm n sexy, this was the scent everyone asked what I was wearing. I am desperate to find this scent...I mourn its loss, and I have NOTHING that comes close. If anyone knows anywhere this can be found, or is willling to sell a bottle for a reasonable price, please, let me know. No one has it, or it sells for ridiculous amounts on Ebay. One site suggested Sensuous by Lauder, and I picked up three samples, the original, the Noir and bronze Goddess Capri. Not even close. Can anyone help me here? Also, based on past choices and present like, what suggestions as to what type of scent I seem gravitate towards. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Default Re: New to forum, and seeking my signature fragrance,which has been discontinued.

maybe ask this in the female discussion area...

Default Re: New to forum, and seeking my signature fragrance,which has been discontinued.

...or perhaps some of our very knowledgeable female Basenoters will chime in.

Blog Entries

It is upsetting when our favorites disappear-- or are reformulated. This happens a lot. It's happened over and over to me. I sometimes think my loving a perfume is the kiss of death for it, LOL.

I think you have the right idea in trying to find a new fragrance to suit you. As I mentioned on your other thread, a Saved Search on eBay will eventually locate bottles, but it seems this one is wanted by lots of other people so you'd have to be prepared to pay a stiff price for it.

I've never smelled Bare Skin but there is a perfume out now called CLEAN Skin. Sephora carries it-- have you smelled it? I do not gravitate toward this sort of scent so I don't have other suggestions, but others may come along with ideas.

Thank you to all who responded, this fragrance actually has a facebook page where hundreds are pleading for its return! Sorry, didn't realize you weren't supposed to ask about selling...my bad. Bare Skin has top notes of black pepper,anise and freesia, mid range of patchouli,iris,vanilla orchid and plumeria,base of sandalwood,musk and labdanum. Not sure what to call it I have smelled Clean,its more of a cottony laundry smell. i guess BS is more floriental?