Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Smile Question about amouage gold & cristal perfume & after shave

    Hello, I'm new to this forum and hope that somebody can advise me regarding Amouage cristal & gold perfume & after shave.
    During the late 1990's an old friend bought my partner & I the perfume and after shave as a present as a thank you for house sitting while he was away for work (he worked in the oil & gas industry in the middle east). I must admit that after trying it we decided it was a little overpowering for our tastes & it wasn't used much since then, so we put the boxes in the loft. The bottles/flasks are very striking, i will post a link which shows what they look like.
    I came across them recently & curiosity led me to google the name and I was pleasantly surprised to see that the perfume is on sale (new) at prices ranging from $200 to $2500!
    I would be grateful if anyone could help me distinguish how valuable they actually are. I may look into selling them at some point & would also be grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction as to selling them in the uk (preferably not via eBay as I guess it's best to get them checked out first). Advice is gratefully received, thanks in advance

    The bottles look like these
    http://216.36.221.47/productcart/pc/...idproduct=1095

  2. #2
    Lifelong Sniffaholic
    30 Roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,285
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Question about amouage gold & cristal perfume & after shave

    The bottles are decorated with gold plate and are lovely display pieces in their own right even when empty.

    I saw a 1.7 oz. bottle of Amouage Gold Woman edt sell on eBay for around $170...oh, let me just look it up, it should still be in the completed listings...

    Yes, it went for $162.50, new in box, with 16 bids. Another one went for $240 soon afterward. Even if you don't plan to sell on eBay, completed listings give a pretty good idea of market value.


  3. #3

    Default Re: Question about amouage gold & cristal perfume & after shave

    I don't know the value of the bottles. Here in the US, a regularly priced, non-vintage bottle goes for about $400 in the few stores that sell Amouage. The price quoted in your link seems totally off, unless the bottle is solid gold (which might as well be).

    But unless you need cash, why sell the juice? Gold is a floral explosion, perhaps the most complex perfume around. It is clearly not intended for daily use, but only for big occasions. Weddings, christenings, big nights out. It is a pity that you do not enjoy it

    cacio

  4. #4
    Lifelong Sniffaholic
    30 Roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,285
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Question about amouage gold & cristal perfume & after shave

    Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    ... Here in the US, a regularly priced, non-vintage bottle goes for about $400 in the few stores that sell Amouage.
    But now the bottles are 100 ml (edp), whereas the former bottles like the one in the photo were 50 ml edt.

    Luckyscent sells the 100ml for $325.


  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    6,676

    Default Re: Question about amouage gold & cristal perfume & after shave

    Quote Originally Posted by Suzyk View Post
    I must admit that after trying it we decided it was a little overpowering for our tastes & it wasn't used much since then ...
    It looks like eBay may be your only avenue to get a realistic and good price for a vintage, used fragrance such as yours ...

  6. #6

    Default Re: Question about amouage gold & cristal perfume & after shave

    Many thanks for the replies, very helpful I'm not sure if I will sell them, I think I'll get them from the loft & check if they're still ok & not going off & decide from there...however if (and I doubt very much they are!) the crazy expensive ones that may sway me to part with them rather than have them sit in a box in the loft! Thanks again

  7. #7

    Default Re: Question about amouage gold & cristal perfume & after shave

    Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I don't know the value of the bottles. Here in the US, a regularly priced, non-vintage bottle goes for about $400 in the few stores that sell Amouage. The price quoted in your link seems totally off, unless the bottle is solid gold (which might as well be).

    But unless you need cash, why sell the juice? Gold is a floral explosion, perhaps the most complex perfume around. It is clearly not intended for daily use, but only for big occasions. Weddings, christenings, big nights out. It is a pity that you do not enjoy it

    cacio
    I hate to hijack this thread, but I've been looking and I really can't find anything on this subject...Anyone know what stores in the US sell Amouage (actual physical stores, not online)? The "store finder" on their website seems to be broken or non-functional.

  8. #8
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & B˙zios
    Posts
    78,129

    Default Re: Question about amouage gold & cristal perfume & after shave

    Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    It looks like eBay may be your only avenue to get a realistic and good price for a vintage, used fragrance such as yours ...
    Agree.

  9. #9
    Lifelong Sniffaholic
    30 Roses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    11,285
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Question about amouage gold & cristal perfume & after shave

    Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I hate to hijack this thread, but I've been looking and I really can't find anything on this subject...Anyone know what stores in the US sell Amouage (actual physical stores, not online)? The "store finder" on their website seems to be broken or non-functional.
    Aedes de Venustas carries Amouage, in NYC. They have an online presence but also a store in Greenwich Village.

    Another store that carries it in NYC is MiN New York.


  10. #10

    Default Re: Question about amouage gold & cristal perfume & after shave

    In addition to the two mentioned above, also Bergdorf Goodman carries the line in NYC (in both building, male and female). In Washington DC, Parfums de France in Tysons Corner. In Chicago, I've seen a very limited selection at Miglin on Oak St.

    cacio

Similar Threads

  1. Question on vintage Amouage Gold
    By Ender in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 19th March 2011, 01:24 PM
  2. Amouage gold ladies perfume and vintage gold cristal line.
    By moreda in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6th September 2009, 10:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •