Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 135
  1. #31
    Dependent TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    3,903

    Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

    In the checkout do they reduce the 19% VAT to US customers? I have set up an account and have my eye on some items.

  2. #32
    Basenotes Plus
    PalmBeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    3,214

    Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

    Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    In the checkout do they reduce the 19% VAT to US customers? I have set up an account and have my eye on some items.
    Sign into your account. Change currency to US dollars and when you review the fragrance you have your eye on, it should show the net cost in dollars.

  3. #33
    Dependent TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    3,903

    Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

    Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    Sign into your account. Change currency to US dollars and when you review the fragrance you have your eye on, it should show the net cost in dollars.
    Thanks PalmBeach that makes total sense. So when I change from Euros to Dollars it eliminates the VAT at that moment. The shipping costs seem to be the only drawback to me to average out the cost per fragrance from First in Fragrance but they have many hard to locate items.

  4. #34
    Basenotes Plus
    PalmBeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    3,214

    Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

    Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    Thanks PalmBeach that makes total sense. So when I change from Euros to Dollars it eliminates the VAT at that moment. The shipping costs seem to be the only drawback to me to average out the cost per fragrance from First in Fragrance but they have many hard to locate items.
    Actually, when you sign in to your account, it should automatically change to the cost without the VAT applied. Using dollars just makes it easier to know what your price is.

    Yes, I agree, with the additional mailing cost, it may defeat the savings.

  5. #35

    Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

    Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    but they have many hard to locate items.
    And do check in advance with the seller, if the item you're looking for, is indeed in stock and ready for shipping,
    since all items have a line 'ready for shipping' and that is certainly not always the case.
    They do reply really fast, when you mail them.
    ----------------------------------------
    www.georgecramer.com

  6. #36
    Dependent TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    3,903

    Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Georgio View Post
    And do check in advance with the seller, if the item you're looking for, is indeed in stock and ready for shipping,
    since all items have a line 'ready for shipping' and that is certainly not always the case.
    They do reply really fast, when you mail them.
    Thanks Georgio very good point.

  7. #37
    Dependent CHSeifert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    1,988

    Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Have to mention, today I received a package out of the blue from First in Fragrance. I was shocked because I hadn't ordered anything in the last two weeks and there were no e-mails notifying me of an impending package. To my surprise, I was sent a holiday gift by the owner, Georg R. Wuchsa, whom I don't know on a personal level, a 100ml EDP of Aus Liebe zum Duft - No. 1 Extreme which retails for 125 Euros with a very nice message inside thanking me for my patronage and a wish for a happy holiday. I just thought that was quite classy on their part. (436)
    Hednic,

    I was about to write a dedicated post about this, but then saw your post here.

    I received the exact same gift, and a hand written card from Georg R. Wuchsa.
    In fact they first shipped this to my old address, which I moved from 2-3 weeks ago - and since I haven't purchased anything from them in 4-5 weeks time, they got it shipped back to Germany from Denmark.
    Then they wrote to me, telling me the parcel was returned.

    I gave them my new address - and 2 days later the parcel arrived.
    At best I thought they might give some samples or a scented candle - I was really surprised they gave me a complete full 100 ml EDP of their own new fragrance No.1 Extreme.

    I like the scent - but I enjoy their way of thanking loyal customers even more
    I can only mention positive things about AusLiebeZumDuft/FirtsinFragrance - I agree that sometimes they are a bit late to ship things, that supposedly should be in stock, but as long as they inform the customer and you get what you paid for, everything is perfect IMHO.

    I will continue to be a loyal customer at this German webstore for many years to come.
    Bought 20-25 fragrances from them since July, so I must be considered a good customer, I guess
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

  8. #38
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & B˙zios
    Posts
    107,713

    Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

    Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    Hednic,

    I was about to write a dedicated post about this, but then saw your post here.

    I received the exact same gift, and a hand written card from Georg R. Wuchsa.
    In fact they first shipped this to my old address, which I moved from 2-3 weeks ago - and since I haven't purchased anything from them in 4-5 weeks time, they got it shipped back to Germany from Denmark.
    Then they wrote to me, telling me the parcel was returned.

    I gave them my new address - and 2 days later the parcel arrived.
    At best I thought they might give some samples or a scented candle - I was really surprised they gave me a complete full 100 ml EDP of their own new fragrance No.1 Extreme.

    I like the scent - but I enjoy their way of thanking loyal customers even more
    I can only mention positive things about AusLiebeZumDuft/FirtsinFragrance - I agree that sometimes they are a bit late to ship things, that supposedly should be in stock, but as long as they inform the customer and you get what you paid for, everything is perfect IMHO.

    I will continue to be a loyal customer at this German webstore for many years to come.
    Bought 20-25 fragrances from them since July, so I must be considered a good customer, I guess
    Very happy to hear that others like yourself were the recipient of their kindness and appreciation! (734)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  9. #39

    Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

    Until recently, all their prices - when I put my address in - converted to a flat 19% off the price (still in Euros) to account for the VAT not payable for sales outside the EU.

    Nowadays it seems the VAT-less prices are a few Euros higher on each bottle, and I can't figure out why they're doing this.

    Examples:

    Cadjmere 50mL
    With Vat 94 Euro
    Less 19% 76.14 Euro
    I'm Quoted 78.99 Euro
    Difference 2.85 Euro

    Blvd 34 St Germain 100mL
    With VAT 110 Euro
    Less 19% 89.1 Euro
    I'm Quoted 92.44 Euro
    Difference 3.34 Euro

    Rosam/Petroleum
    With VAT 125 Euro
    Less 19% 101.25
    I'm Quoted 105.04 Euro
    Difference 3.79 Euro

    It seems instead of making the prices for foreigners 0.81 of the European price (to account for the 19% VAT), they're making them 0.8403, tacking on an extra 3% per bottle, while still charging the postage.

    Can anyone shed any light on this?

  10. #40
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & B˙zios
    Posts
    107,713

    Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

    At least you know that at one time they actually took off the entire 19% ! When I first started ordering quite a while ago from them and found the VAT of 19% would be taken off, I did the calculation because I was curious, but it never took off the entire 19%. It was always a bit less than that with my purchases even with free shipping which I always got with the quantity I ordered.. I guess I gave up wondering why. It is strange though.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  11. #41
    Moderator
    rum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,855

    Default Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

    Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    I received the exact same gift, and a hand written card from Georg R. Wuchsa.
    This actually sounds like a great way to market a fragrance when you run a fragrance selling site. There would otherwise be very little ways of getting their new fragrance out there. Obviously they know what they're doing.

  12. #42
    Basenotes Plus
    PalmBeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    3,214

    Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

    Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    Until recently, all their prices - when I put my address in - converted to a flat 19% off the price (still in Euros) to account for the VAT not payable for sales outside the EU.

    Nowadays it seems the VAT-less prices are a few Euros higher on each bottle, and I can't figure out why they're doing this.

    Examples:

    Cadjmere 50mL
    With Vat 94 Euro
    Less 19% 76.14 Euro
    I'm Quoted 78.99 Euro
    Difference 2.85 Euro

    Blvd 34 St Germain 100mL
    With VAT 110 Euro
    Less 19% 89.1 Euro
    I'm Quoted 92.44 Euro
    Difference 3.34 Euro

    Rosam/Petroleum
    With VAT 125 Euro
    Less 19% 101.25
    I'm Quoted 105.04 Euro
    Difference 3.79 Euro

    It seems instead of making the prices for foreigners 0.81 of the European price (to account for the 19% VAT), they're making them 0.8403, tacking on an extra 3% per bottle, while still charging the postage.

    Can anyone shed any light on this?
    Tim, those are correct. If you take €92.44 x 1.19 it equals €110.

    105.24€ x 1.19 = €124.995

  13. #43

    Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

    Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    Tim, those are correct. If you take €92.44 x 1.19 it equals €110.

    105.24€ x 1.19 = €124.995
    Ah of course - my maths was shocking, sorry.

    Yep, I calculated the tax deduction incorrectly - should have used [Price(incl VAT)/119]*100 to get the correct figure.

    Cheers, Palm, and sorry for the mistake ppl.

  14. #44
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & B˙zios
    Posts
    107,713

    Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

    Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    If you take €92.44 x 1.19 it equals €110.

    105.24€ x 1.19 = €124.995
    Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    [Price(incl VAT)/119]*100 to get the correct figure.
    Thanks to you both for the easy way to calculate the price without VAT!
    (788)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  15. #45
    Basenotes Plus
    PalmBeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    3,214

    Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

    Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    Ah of course - my maths was shocking, sorry.

    Yep, I calculated the tax deduction incorrectly - should have used [Price(incl VAT)/119]*100 to get the correct figure.

    Cheers, Palm, and sorry for the mistake ppl.
    No worries. I did the same as you until a kind basenoter pointed out my mistake.

  16. #46
    Basenotes Junkie bigbloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    994

    Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

    I've ordered from them twice now. I was impressed with the packaging and how everything was labelled. Atomisers were good quality and nice and full. Shipping was a little slow.

    My second order arrived quicker but I didn't receive the same quality service as they sent me two samples of the same fragrance. I ordered different samples. Mistakes happen.

    I've emailed them twice over 3 days and have yet to receive a reply, though I appreciate it is probably a very busy time of year but a total lack of acknowledgement left me wondering what would happen if I ordered a full bottle (or a few) and they messed the order up.

  17. #47
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & B˙zios
    Posts
    107,713

    Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbloke View Post

    I've emailed them twice over 3 days and have yet to receive a reply, though I appreciate it is probably a very busy time of year but a total lack of acknowledgement left me wondering what would happen if I ordered a full bottle (or a few) and they messed the order up.
    It can happen. An associate of mine had a problem with an order that was lost after having arrived in the States. But, because the DHL Paket was insured, FIF took care of it through their contacts on their end in Germany and the matter was resolved satisfactorily although the package was never found. They seem to go the extra mile to fix or remedy any problem which they caused or was out of their hands.
    (1814)
    Last edited by hednic; 19th December 2013 at 02:53 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  18. #48
    Basenotes Junkie bigbloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    994

    Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

    To update: Got an email back finally (total of 3 before response). They are going to refund me. Apparently the one I ordered was out of stock.
    All's well that ends well

  19. #49
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & B˙zios
    Posts
    107,713

    Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbloke View Post
    To update: Got an email back finally (total of 3 before response). They are going to refund me. Apparently the one I ordered was out of stock.
    All's well that ends well
    Glad to hear it!
    (1897)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  20. #50
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & B˙zios
    Posts
    107,713

    Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

    Oriza L. Legrand fragrances now available for purchase at First in Fragrance. Another possibility for purchasing their fragrances other than directly through the company's website.
    http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/fragra...l-legrand.html

    (3483)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  21. #51

    Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

    Hello!

    For the people ordering from ALZD and EN to the US, how much, if at all, do you pay for customs??

    I'm looking to get a few 100ml Malle bottles and this would help

  22. #52
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & B˙zios
    Posts
    107,713

    Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

    Quote Originally Posted by uhbhatti88 View Post
    Hello!

    For the people ordering from ALZD and EN to the US, how much, if at all, do you pay for customs??

    I'm looking to get a few 100ml Malle bottles and this would help
    I have ordered many many times from ALZD with purchases well over a thousand dollars and I have never had to pay any Customs duties. This is my experience.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  23. #53

    Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I have ordered many many times from ALZD with purchases well over a thousand dollars and I have never had to pay any Customs duties. This is my experience.
    Superb. Thanks hednic!

  24. #54
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & B˙zios
    Posts
    107,713

    Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

    Quote Originally Posted by uhbhatti88 View Post
    Superb. Thanks hednic!
    Did you ever wind up procuring any fragrances from this vendor? If so, any problems?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  25. #55

    Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Did you ever wind up procuring any fragrances from this vendor? If so, any problems?

    I did!

    I bought L'Air du Desert Marocain, Cedrat Enivrant and Like This. It arrived within two weeks all safe and sound.

    Recently I also ordered from Essenza Nobile (because they have Frederic Malle and Lutens).

    The lower price point at which EN offer free worldwide shipping is also a bonus.

  26. #56
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & B˙zios
    Posts
    107,713

    Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

    Quote Originally Posted by uhbhatti88 View Post
    I did!

    I bought L'Air du Desert Marocain, Cedrat Enivrant and Like This. It arrived within two weeks all safe and sound.

    Recently I also ordered from Essenza Nobile (because they have Frederic Malle and Lutens).

    The lower price point at which EN offer free worldwide shipping is also a bonus.
    Glad to hear it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  27. #57
    Basenotes Junkie bigbloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    994

    Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

    Just out of interest, are you in Pakistan? If so, did you get charged customs?
    What I'd like to try
    Prices Rreduced!UK Only:Kilian Incense Oud, Pure Oud/Ensar Oud/Tom Ford

    My UK Swapsies!

    Need 2 Roja caps if anyone can help. Muchas gracias

    Current favourites:
    Frederic Malle The Night
    Creed Spice and Wood
    Creed Pure White Cologne
    Kilian Extreme Oud
    Roja Dove Diaghilev
    Roja Dove UAE
    Roja Dove Fetish Pour Homme/Puredistance M
    Armani Prive Oud Royal
    Ormonde Jayne Black Gold

  28. #58

    Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

    Yup I ordered these to Pakistan. I was charged a customs duty of Rs. 20 (about 19 cents) on an order of $350.

    Quite good, actually.

  29. #59
    Basenotes Junkie bigbloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    994

    Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

    Excellent, that's a result
    What I'd like to try
    Prices Rreduced!UK Only:Kilian Incense Oud, Pure Oud/Ensar Oud/Tom Ford

    My UK Swapsies!

    Need 2 Roja caps if anyone can help. Muchas gracias

    Current favourites:
    Frederic Malle The Night
    Creed Spice and Wood
    Creed Pure White Cologne
    Kilian Extreme Oud
    Roja Dove Diaghilev
    Roja Dove UAE
    Roja Dove Fetish Pour Homme/Puredistance M
    Armani Prive Oud Royal
    Ormonde Jayne Black Gold

  30. #60
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & B˙zios
    Posts
    107,713

    Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

    Quote Originally Posted by uhbhatti88 View Post
    Yup I ordered these to Pakistan. I was charged a customs duty of Rs. 20 (about 19 cents) on an order of $350.

    Quite good, actually.
    I'd say that .06% Customs duty on the total (if my math is close) is exceptionally good!!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Similar Threads

  1. Aus Liebe zum Duft
    By chengfun in forum United Kingdom
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 1st April 2010, 09:25 AM
  2. Aus Liebe zum Duft No. 1 - my review
    By Somerville Metro Man in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 7th January 2010, 04:14 PM
  3. First in Fragrance / Aus liebe zum duft...
    By Sorcery of Scent in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 4th November 2007, 10:25 PM
  4. Special offers at Aus Liebe zum Duft
    By in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st January 1970, 01:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000