Code of Conduct

Default Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

I've found this German site which stock many niche and hard-to-find brands. Even better they offer samples for sale. Shipping in Europe is cheaper than ordering from US sites.

http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/index.php?language=en

Default Re: Aus Liebe zum Duft

I highly recommend this site as I have had many successful transactions with this website. Better still, they offer you online discount vouchers on your birthday

I have used then too. They shipped very fast. Excelent service

I also use them quite a lot and http://shop.essenza-nobile.de/ which is another good site for fragrances and samples, also based in Germany.

Both are excellent!

I don't know why this thread has been shifted to the United Kingdom forum (?)

Dimitri, do you know if the birthday vouchers always offer the same discount or specials? If so, what are they (or what deals have they offered you?)

My b-day is coming up in August and I've got a few things on my wishlist I just might be able to afford by then!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Its usually a €10 e-voucher... but you have to ensure you've provided your birthdate in your ALZD account profile. And a valid email address of course.

Also, be sure to check their Specials link as often you can grab some discounted bargains!
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 1st April 2010 at 09:42 AM.

Highly recommended!
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

you are so right

I've used them quite a few times and the service has always been very good, with decent sized atomisers. I do find their prices a bit expensive now, particularly as the Euro is stronger against the pound these days.

ALzD is very good, as is Essenza Nobile. UK-based Les Senteurs offers a nice sample service, too. They ship for free in the EU and samples are 3 Pound each. I received factory samples aswell as decants – their own vials sadly have no spray. Also they don’t offer as many different brands as ALzD and EN do. But they are almost the only source for Malle samples besides Malle itself.

Just got my Frapin 1270 delivered to the UK. Ordered on Sunday, shipped on Monday arrived on Wednesday! Also, you can request three samples. These aren't just any samples, they are probably 2.5-3ml spray samples, plenty for a couple of decent full wearings. I got: Histoires de Parfums 1725 Cassanove, Xerjoff Mefisto and Frapin Terre de Sarment.

Has anyone ordered just samples from this website? If so, are they big spray samples? I may have to pay that little bit more and buy from them rather than LuckyScent.
    Last edited by boosh; 24th August 2011 at 02:28 PM.

I have ordered just samples from the website. Most of them are big sprays. +2ml
    Some more expensive ones come in smaller vials when you request samples with an order, but if you pay the sample price, they too come in bigger spray bottles.

Much better than getting from Luckyscent, especially in europe. Comes in atomizer. More juice. Quicker shipment.

Hi Boosh. Always at least 2ml and almost 3ml with the cheaper samples from both of these sites when I've ordered.

Cheers guys! Think I'll look to use these rather than LuckyScent. I usually end up pouring LS samples into little atomisers anyway which increases the price.

Praise where it is due...

Another delivery from Aus Liebe Zum Duft (First in Fragrance) today. Fantastic service, fast, (a couple of days from Germany to the UK). Well packaged, I ordered goods plus samples, very generous samples , plenty of good quality paper spills, and some extra samples and product thrown in. I think that this will be of particular interest to Basenoters in the UK.

A big thumbs up also to Histoire De Parfum. Great service as always.

Default Re: Aus Liebe Zum Duft/First in Fragrance.

Aus Liebe zum Duft is great. Absolutely fantastic service indeed. Huge tumbs up from me too

Same here, thumbs up all the way. Always fast delivery and generous with the sample sizes

Excellent outfit and wonderful selection.

Agree on everything previously said! Great site and service.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Haven't ordered anything from them yet, but I am pleasantly surprised by the diversity on offer, especially those fragrance creations which only appeal to few perfume buffs (usually, difficult to get elsewhere)

I have always received an excellent, polite and speedy service from ALZD and recommend them without hesitation. Ditto Essenza Nobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    I have always received an excellent, polite and speedy service from ALZD and recommend them without hesitation. Ditto Essenza Nobile.
    Couldn't agree ........................... more!

Just recently made an order, great service, package, large sample sizes.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Fantastic service.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

When the product is in stock, their service is excellent and fast!
    But the problem is that Aus Liebe Zum Duft is not official dealer of all the brands they mention on their website
    and even while the site indicates that the product is ready for shipping, you might have the chance,
    that it is not even on stock.
    I ordered and paid Euro 430.- for Boadicea and nothing arrived. Then an email came that the product was not in stock,
    (despite the fact that the site indicated that it was ready for shipping) if a delay of 8 days was a problem.
    Two weeks later no mail and no product arrived.
    I mailed the store again and the answer was that their supplier, so not Boadicea, did not deliver yet.
    Anyhow we are four weeks later now, I asked to return the amount that I had paid and that was done
    within two days. So that was at least correct.
    I still find it impossible that web shops advertise with product, they do not even have.
    AusLiebZumDuft has a beautiful website and they should avoid situations like this.
    ----------------------------------------
    My Favorites:
    1) Serge Lutens (EdP Ambre Sultan)
    2) Andy Tauer (Edt l'Aire du désert Marocain)
    3) Boadicea de Victorius (Complex & Provocative)
    4) Artisan Parfumeur (Tea for Two)
    5) Amouage (Edp Epic)
    6) Amouage (EdP Interlude)
    7) Davidoff Classic (Edt Classic) - vintage
    8) Lorenzo Villoresi (Edt Piper Nigrum)

This Georgio is certainly a big dissappointment to you. Professional shops shouldn`t act like this.

I dropped in here because I just saw some locals of my area poppping up. This is my experience with them. (Of course has nothing to do with your case which is just annoying for perfume Lovers.)

I live 20km away from them, often visited them, sometimes bought a little (I`m not that big niche guy). But I can certainly say: Lovely, quite hard-working people, nice and really friendly atmosphere. Prices are high, nevertheless. But I had good conversations on fragrance with lot of laughs and intimate knowlage and the boss is a real Gentleman. They have NO shop that can be visited, just Internet. So letting me in was totally goodwill. Never had any issues when I odered there. But I only order niche classics like CdG, Artisan, some Tauers and Bandit ...
    Se son fiori fioriranno ...

Basenotes Plus

Georgio, that is disappointing to hear. They should have contacted you immediately if there were stocking issues. Unfortunately, even the best of online sites have problems updating their sites for out of stock inventory.

In regards to whom they purchase the product from, most, if not all perfumes are not actually purchased directly from the company, in this case Boadicea, but through a distributor. If the distributor is out of stock, this is not the fault of FIF. I am having the same issue with another online site who has been waiting for their shipment of Ormonde Man from the distributor who handles the product in Germany.

Have to mention, today I received a package out of the blue from First in Fragrance. I was shocked because I hadn't ordered anything in the last two weeks and there were no e-mails notifying me of an impending package. To my surprise, I was sent a holiday gift by the owner, Georg R. Wuchsa, whom I don't know on a personal level, a 100ml EDP of Aus Liebe zum Duft - No. 1 Extreme which retails for 125 Euros with a very nice message inside thanking me for my patronage and a wish for a happy holiday. I just thought that was quite classy on their part. (436)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

In the checkout do they reduce the 19% VAT to US customers? I have set up an account and have my eye on some items.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    In the checkout do they reduce the 19% VAT to US customers? I have set up an account and have my eye on some items.
    Sign into your account. Change currency to US dollars and when you review the fragrance you have your eye on, it should show the net cost in dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    Sign into your account. Change currency to US dollars and when you review the fragrance you have your eye on, it should show the net cost in dollars.
    Thanks PalmBeach that makes total sense. So when I change from Euros to Dollars it eliminates the VAT at that moment. The shipping costs seem to be the only drawback to me to average out the cost per fragrance from First in Fragrance but they have many hard to locate items.

Basenotes Plus

Thanks PalmBeach that makes total sense. So when I change from Euros to Dollars it eliminates the VAT at that moment. The shipping costs seem to be the only drawback to me to average out the cost per fragrance from First in Fragrance but they have many hard to locate items.
    Actually, when you sign in to your account, it should automatically change to the cost without the VAT applied. Using dollars just makes it easier to know what your price is.

Yes, I agree, with the additional mailing cost, it may defeat the savings.

but they have many hard to locate items.
    And do check in advance with the seller, if the item you're looking for, is indeed in stock and ready for shipping,
    since all items have a line 'ready for shipping' and that is certainly not always the case.
    They do reply really fast, when you mail them.
    ----------------------------------------
    My Favorites:
    1) Serge Lutens (EdP Ambre Sultan)
    2) Andy Tauer (Edt l'Aire du désert Marocain)
    3) Boadicea de Victorius (Complex & Provocative)
    4) Artisan Parfumeur (Tea for Two)
    5) Amouage (Edp Epic)
    6) Amouage (EdP Interlude)
    7) Davidoff Classic (Edt Classic) - vintage
    8) Lorenzo Villoresi (Edt Piper Nigrum)

Quote Originally Posted by Georgio View Post
    And do check in advance with the seller, if the item you're looking for, is indeed in stock and ready for shipping,
    since all items have a line 'ready for shipping' and that is certainly not always the case.
    They do reply really fast, when you mail them.
    Thanks Georgio very good point.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Have to mention, today I received a package out of the blue from First in Fragrance. I was shocked because I hadn't ordered anything in the last two weeks and there were no e-mails notifying me of an impending package. To my surprise, I was sent a holiday gift by the owner, Georg R. Wuchsa, whom I don't know on a personal level, a 100ml EDP of Aus Liebe zum Duft - No. 1 Extreme which retails for 125 Euros with a very nice message inside thanking me for my patronage and a wish for a happy holiday. I just thought that was quite classy on their part. (436)
    Hednic,

I was about to write a dedicated post about this, but then saw your post here.

I received the exact same gift, and a hand written card from Georg R. Wuchsa.
    In fact they first shipped this to my old address, which I moved from 2-3 weeks ago - and since I haven't purchased anything from them in 4-5 weeks time, they got it shipped back to Germany from Denmark.
    Then they wrote to me, telling me the parcel was returned.

I gave them my new address - and 2 days later the parcel arrived.
    At best I thought they might give some samples or a scented candle - I was really surprised they gave me a complete full 100 ml EDP of their own new fragrance No.1 Extreme.

I like the scent - but I enjoy their way of thanking loyal customers even more
    I can only mention positive things about AusLiebeZumDuft/FirtsinFragrance - I agree that sometimes they are a bit late to ship things, that supposedly should be in stock, but as long as they inform the customer and you get what you paid for, everything is perfect IMHO.

I will continue to be a loyal customer at this German webstore for many years to come.
    Bought 20-25 fragrances from them since July, so I must be considered a good customer, I guess
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    Hednic,

I was about to write a dedicated post about this, but then saw your post here.

In fact they first shipped this to my old address, which I moved from 2-3 weeks ago - and since I haven't purchased anything from them in 4-5 weeks time, they got it shipped back to Germany from Denmark.
    Then they wrote to me, telling me the parcel was returned.

I gave them my new address - and 2 days later the parcel arrived.
    At best I thought they might give some samples or a scented candle - I was really surprised they gave me a complete full 100 ml EDP of their own new fragrance No.1 Extreme.

I like the scent - but I enjoy their way of thanking loyal customers even more
    I can only mention positive things about AusLiebeZumDuft/FirtsinFragrance - I agree that sometimes they are a bit late to ship things, that supposedly should be in stock, but as long as they inform the customer and you get what you paid for, everything is perfect IMHO.

I will continue to be a loyal customer at this German webstore for many years to come.
    Bought 20-25 fragrances from them since July, so I must be considered a good customer, I guess
    Very happy to hear that others like yourself were the recipient of their kindness and appreciation! (734)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Until recently, all their prices - when I put my address in - converted to a flat 19% off the price (still in Euros) to account for the VAT not payable for sales outside the EU.

Nowadays it seems the VAT-less prices are a few Euros higher on each bottle, and I can't figure out why they're doing this.

Examples:

Cadjmere 50mL
    With Vat 94 Euro
    Less 19% 76.14 Euro
    I'm Quoted 78.99 Euro
    Difference 2.85 Euro

Blvd 34 St Germain 100mL
    With VAT 110 Euro
    Less 19% 89.1 Euro
    I'm Quoted 92.44 Euro
    Difference 3.34 Euro

Rosam/Petroleum
    With VAT 125 Euro
    Less 19% 101.25
    I'm Quoted 105.04 Euro
    Difference 3.79 Euro

It seems instead of making the prices for foreigners 0.81 of the European price (to account for the 19% VAT), they're making them 0.8403, tacking on an extra 3% per bottle, while still charging the postage.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

At least you know that at one time they actually took off the entire 19% ! When I first started ordering quite a while ago from them and found the VAT of 19% would be taken off, I did the calculation because I was curious, but it never took off the entire 19%. It was always a bit less than that with my purchases even with free shipping which I always got with the quantity I ordered.. I guess I gave up wondering why. It is strange though.

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    This actually sounds like a great way to market a fragrance when you run a fragrance selling site. There would otherwise be very little ways of getting their new fragrance out there. Obviously they know what they're doing.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    Until recently, all their prices - when I put my address in - converted to a flat 19% off the price (still in Euros) to account for the VAT not payable for sales outside the EU.

Nowadays it seems the VAT-less prices are a few Euros higher on each bottle, and I can't figure out why they're doing this.

Examples:

Cadjmere 50mL
    With Vat 94 Euro
    Less 19% 76.14 Euro
    I'm Quoted 78.99 Euro
    Difference 2.85 Euro

Blvd 34 St Germain 100mL
    With VAT 110 Euro
    Less 19% 89.1 Euro
    I'm Quoted 92.44 Euro
    Difference 3.34 Euro

Rosam/Petroleum
    With VAT 125 Euro
    Less 19% 101.25
    I'm Quoted 105.04 Euro
    Difference 3.79 Euro

It seems instead of making the prices for foreigners 0.81 of the European price (to account for the 19% VAT), they're making them 0.8403, tacking on an extra 3% per bottle, while still charging the postage.

Can anyone shed any light on this?
    Tim, those are correct. If you take €92.44 x 1.19 it equals €110.

105.24€ x 1.19 = €124.995

Tim, those are correct. If you take €92.44 x 1.19 it equals €110.

Ah of course - my maths was shocking, sorry.

Yep, I calculated the tax deduction incorrectly - should have used [Price(incl VAT)/119]*100 to get the correct figure.

Cheers, Palm, and sorry for the mistake ppl.

If you take €92.44 x 1.19 it equals €110.

[Price(incl VAT)/119]*100 to get the correct figure.
    Thanks to you both for the easy way to calculate the price without VAT!
    (788)

Basenotes Plus

Ah of course - my maths was shocking, sorry.

Yep, I calculated the tax deduction incorrectly - should have used [Price(incl VAT)/119]*100 to get the correct figure.

Cheers, Palm, and sorry for the mistake ppl.
    No worries. I did the same as you until a kind basenoter pointed out my mistake.

I've ordered from them twice now. I was impressed with the packaging and how everything was labelled. Atomisers were good quality and nice and full. Shipping was a little slow.

My second order arrived quicker but I didn't receive the same quality service as they sent me two samples of the same fragrance. I ordered different samples. Mistakes happen.

I've emailed them twice over 3 days and have yet to receive a reply, though I appreciate it is probably a very busy time of year but a total lack of acknowledgement left me wondering what would happen if I ordered a full bottle (or a few) and they messed the order up.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbloke View Post

I've emailed them twice over 3 days and have yet to receive a reply, though I appreciate it is probably a very busy time of year but a total lack of acknowledgement left me wondering what would happen if I ordered a full bottle (or a few) and they messed the order up.
    It can happen. An associate of mine had a problem with an order that was lost after having arrived in the States. But, because the DHL Paket was insured, FIF took care of it through their contacts on their end in Germany and the matter was resolved satisfactorily although the package was never found. They seem to go the extra mile to fix or remedy any problem which they caused or was out of their hands.
    (1814)
    Last edited by hednic; 19th December 2013 at 02:53 PM.

To update: Got an email back finally (total of 3 before response). They are going to refund me. Apparently the one I ordered was out of stock.
    All's well that ends well

Quote Originally Posted by bigbloke View Post
    To update: Got an email back finally (total of 3 before response). They are going to refund me. Apparently the one I ordered was out of stock.
    All's well that ends well
    Glad to hear it!
    (1897)

Oriza L. Legrand fragrances now available for purchase at First in Fragrance. Another possibility for purchasing their fragrances other than directly through the company's website.
    http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/fragra...l-legrand.html

(3483)

Hello!

For the people ordering from ALZD and EN to the US, how much, if at all, do you pay for customs??

I'm looking to get a few 100ml Malle bottles and this would help

Quote Originally Posted by uhbhatti88 View Post
    Hello!

For the people ordering from ALZD and EN to the US, how much, if at all, do you pay for customs??

I'm looking to get a few 100ml Malle bottles and this would help
    I have ordered many many times from ALZD with purchases well over a thousand dollars and I have never had to pay any Customs duties. This is my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I have ordered many many times from ALZD with purchases well over a thousand dollars and I have never had to pay any Customs duties. This is my experience.
    Superb. Thanks hednic!