Code of Conduct

Question Suggestions please for a natural smelling/wild RASPBERRY smelling fragrance ?

I know the theme of raspberries has been done before.
    I am looking for a perfume that specifically evokes the smell of wild raspberries - (rather than raspberry jam/raspberry ripple gourmand style fragrances).
    It can be a mens or womens fragrance, new, niche or discontinued, but I would prefer a perfume that contains a natural raspberry note as the dominant note in the perfume.
    Thanks for yor help and advice !
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Default Re: Suggestions please for a natural smelling/wild RASPBERRY smelling fragrance ?

Perhaps Hot Couture by Givenchy, or My Insolence by Guerlain.

Default Re: Suggestions please for a natural smelling/wild RASPBERRY smelling fragrance ?

Perhaps Montale Pretty Fruity

bleu autumn haze

Mure et Musc smells like fresh raspberries on the vine to me ... no jam or jelly.

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    Mure et Musc smells like fresh raspberries on the vine to me ... no jam or jelly.
    Thanks, I have this one and like it, but I believe the note in this is blackberry.

Not sure whats in Euphoria Intense, but is smells berry to me.

bleu autumn haze

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    Thanks, I have this one and like it, but I believe the note in this is blackberry.
    Geez! Of course, it is blackberry. I should read the post more carefully!

Are there any niche perfumes that have a dominant raspberry note ?

Diesel fuel for life smells strongly of creamy raspberry to me

Well, Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather has a prominent raspberry note in it, accompanied of course with leather, if you're so inclined to that combination. I can't say I've had any linear or dominant raspberry fragrances.

Portrait of Lady - Frederic Malle (strong Raspberry opening note) - Stunning Fragrance IMO

"The sparkling rose and raspberry jam is folded into a creamy base of vanilla, tonka bean and smooth sandalwood, taking us right to the brink of gourmand, but not quite crossing over. There is definitely an edible quality to Une Rose Vermeille – it conjures up marzipan and meringue and Bavarian cream – but it isn’t pure dessert due to the startling freshness of the rose and the deep purr of the sandalwood."

~ Lucky Scent

Tauer sells samples directly from his website.

Last edited by pigasus27; 13th November 2011 at 10:03 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/pigasus27

Try Carthusia's Uomo. It contains raspberry-note and is great quality with natural-smelling materials. Diesel Fuel For Life and Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather have raspberry-note too. Tuscan leather is absolutely sample-worthy.
    Please check out my selling list:

YSL Opium homme EDP, Rive Gauche pour homme, Villoresi Uomo, Dior Homme vintage, Body Kouros, Guerlain homme intense etc.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/376...-etc-Worldwide!

Quote Originally Posted by pigasus27 View Post
    Spot on Pigasus! the most prominent Raspberry perfume I have ever came across up to now in my olfactory Jorney ;-)

go for lady million by paco rab...

Quote Originally Posted by Bonoanimoes View Post
    Portrait of Lady - Frederic Malle (strong Raspberry opening note) - Stunning Fragrance IMO
    +1 Frederic Malle Portrait of Lady

+1 on Tauer's Une Rose Vermeille.

th¡s!

Quote Originally Posted by EarNoseThroat View Post
    th¡s!
    ....sorry, which ?

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by Bonoanimoes View Post
    Agree.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie

Doesn't Guerlain Voyages London 04 have rasperry jam? The notes state: Fragrance notes include bergamot, grapefruit, rhubarb, violet, rose essential oil, rose absolute, and boiled sweets. The package insert also states leather.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

th¡s!

Portrait of a Lady is a stunner, no doubt.

for a dry raspberry note you could try Slumberhou.se sanaa

Mark Birleys Charles Street has a strong raspberry and leather accords and is much like Tuscan Leather but with the raspberry ramped up.

Bond No 9's Bryant Park has a dominant raspberry note that I enjoy. (although, it does lean towards a sweeter/powdery type berry.) Still very nice though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Mark Birleys Charles Street has a strong raspberry and leather accords and is much like Tuscan Leather but with the raspberry ramped up.
    Thi§!

Quote Originally Posted by EarNoseThroat View Post
    Thi§!
    Now I see. Thanks - sounds very intriguing !!!
    Thanks to everyone for your suggestions/advice.

D to the E to the N to the V to the E to the R
    Blog Entries

Les Parfums de Rosine Glam Rose is a good smelling niche unisex with a strong Raspberry note. Sample that one. Consider Comme des Garcons series 2 Rose as well: it has a prominent raspberry pulp note. You may want to ask this question on the female forum too. The girls are surely aware of more options on their side of the aisle. In the past, they have helped me find perfume that had unisex potential that I would have overlooked because of the feminine classification.
    Last edited by autumngleeman; 16th April 2012 at 09:33 PM.

Basenotes Junkie

+1 for Tuscan Leather. The smooth leather is accompanied by a natural smell of wild raspberries. I absolutely love it - and it's the leather / raspberry combo that keeps me coming back to it. Lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    +1 for Tuscan Leather. The smooth leather is accompanied by a natural smell of wild raspberries. I absolutely love it - and it's the leather / raspberry combo that keeps me coming back to it. Lovely!
    Charles Street is a less ashy alternative with the raspberry amped up and the leather toned down.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Aplle Brandy
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Noir de Noir
    7. 5 o'clock au Gingembre
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Epic Man
    10.Tobacco Vanille