Code of Conduct

Default Montale Red Aoud...This is wild stuff.

Whew. I just put one spray on the back of my hand.

Talk about a rich, thick, dense fragrance.

And bizarre. It's like a powdery chocolate, vanilla citronella pudding. But thicker than pudding and with other stuff going on I can't begin to describe.

Is that the Aoud that kind of smells like citronella to me? It's subdued.

Either way, very interesting. Not sure what to make of it at this point.

And by the way, I have 1740 Marquis de Sade just applied on the other hand. Also pretty powerful stuff. Is it safe to describe it as a "Leathery Egoiste?" Good stuff, but not my thing.

And to boot, the rest of me is slathered in Sycomore for the tournament I'm doing (don't think it's gonna beat A Taste of Heaven, sorry).

There's no way I can step out in public like this.

I stink.

Default Re: Montale Red Aoud...This is wild stuff.

It's a delicious indulgence that Red Aoud - sometimes I wear it to bed. It's sugary, sweet, Aoud-y, and heavy. I wouldn't dream of wearing it out though. Plus, it kind of makes me hungry (maybe not so good for bed afterall!)

For me it's the most powerful in their "color' aoud line. It never seems to diminish. It's a keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by LushLife View Post
    Plus, it kind of makes me hungry (maybe not so good for bed afterall!)
    Yes, man. While smelling it I felt like I was digesting some new kind of air-food.

It's that dense!

Red Aoud is the best montale of all time

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    For me it's the most powerful in their "color' aoud line. It never seems to diminish. It's a keeper.
    Hednic, I just got a bunch of Montale samples in, among others, but I gotta wait until I finish this other sample thing I'm doing before I start testing them out.

The Montale line was intimidating me a little bit so I figured I'd dive right in and see for myself...I now have Red Aoud, Dark Aoud, Black Aoud, Black Musk, Musk to Musk, Blue Amber, and Vanille Absolu samples.

I'm curious to see what they're all about. So far, with the Red Aoud, I'm impressed.

Can't wait to read what you think of the other Montales. I have only sampled Black Aoud, Aoud Lime and Moon Aoud. I love Black Aoud and Aoud Lime very much but ordered a bottle of Black Aoud from France with a 20ml of Dark Aoud (untried) as my free gift. The descriptions of Red Aoud as having a "foody" quality and being a bit "powdery" has kept me from trying it. Don't like powdery scents at all personally. OK for others, just not for me.

Please update your thoughts as you try these.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    I love Black Aoud and Aoud Lime very much but ordered a bottle of Black Aoud from France with a 20ml of Dark Aoud (untried) as my free gift.
    Oh man, haha, did you end up going with the 100ml of Black Aoud? Awesome choice, but it's going to take you about 30+ years to get through that bottle.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post

And bizarre. It's like a powdery chocolate, vanilla citronella pudding. But thicker than pudding and with other stuff going on I can't begin to describe.

And by the way, I have 1740 Marquis de Sade just applied on the other hand. Also pretty powerful stuff. Is it safe to describe it as a "Leathery Egoiste?" Good stuff, but not my thing.

And to boot, the rest of me is slathered in Sycomore for the tournament I'm doing (don't think it's gonna beat A Taste of Heaven, sorry).

I stink.
    You must smell...........very interesting........

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    Oh man, haha, did you end up going with the 100ml of Black Aoud? Awesome choice, but it's going to take you about 30+ years to get through that bottle.
    I did. Could not decide and I know I love this and will wear it. Besides, I have a few years left in me and I can always sell some decants...
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Personally I don't find many similarties betwee the two. 1740 is mainly based on Helichrysum (immortelle), sweet pipe tobacco and leather while Egoiste is a woody/spicy sandalwood with a remarkable candied fruit and vanilla presence.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I stink.
    I can smell you from here!!

Glad to see more and more Montale junkies being born... I was hooked on Montale from the moment I first smelled Taj. All the Montales I have, are amazing, wonderful and among my all time favourites
    LOST! in scent and music

Quote Originally Posted by LOST! View Post
    I can smell you from here!!

Glad to see more and more Montale junkies being born... I was hooked on Montale from the moment I first smelled Taj. All the Montales I have, are amazing, wonderful and among my all time favourites

I don't know if they've won me over yet, but I'm really excited to try Blue Amber and Musk to Musk. I'm skeptical about the other Aouds, though, as I expect them to be really loud, really strong, and completely different than what I'm used to.

I don't know if they've won me over yet, but I'm really excited to try Blue Amber and Musk to Musk. I'm skeptical about the other Aouds, though, as I expect them to be really loud, really strong, and completely different than what I'm used to.
    Please let us know your experiences with the Blue Amber and Musk to Musk. For some reason that Blue Amber seems to be a serious head turner and compliment getter.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosX View Post
    Please let us know your experiences with the Blue Amber and Musk to Musk. For some reason that Blue Amber seems to be a serious head turner and compliment getter.
    I've heard the same, and have been curious about picking one up. I already have more amber than I can spray though, but I guess that already puts me on overkill, so it's not like another amber would hurt anything. Let us know what you think of it.

I don't know if I would describe it as "wild", but this is a great one. Reminds me of DHI, but I think that oud in the background gives it a slight earthy vibe to it. It might be FBW to me....9.5/10 as of right now.

This sounds like the origin-story of a superhero/supervillain. In lieu of the conventional acquisition of powers through an accident with strange meteorites, mutagens or nuclear radiation.

Mmmm I will have to look for my sample, sounds different from the usual rose+oud combo...

I can somewhat see where you're experiencing since they're both boozy.