Code of Conduct

Default itty bitty samples

Ok jigs up. Start talking. How in the world are you testing with these small little bottles? Here's my issue with them... I don't end up using them because...

A: I have committed to an actual scent I own simply because I can actually wear the scent throughout the day like a normal human being.

B: What am I supposed to do with this little bottle that doesn't have a spray? How am I supposed to apply it? Pour it into the palm of my hand, quickly drop the little glass container, and with whatever is left and hasn't absorbed into my palm or hasn't evaporated, quickly mash my other palm into it and start spreading this everywhere really fast like a clown? Let's say I was successful, now what? 4-5 hours later I need to shower, change shirts all so that I can reapply a new scent? Kidding me?

C: Dab this thing on the back of my hand and throughout the day sniff and try to make a call with so little coverage? Seriously. Come on!

I have so many samples, and I just don't use them because of those reasons above.

Please talk some sense into me. Surely you all are going about this differently.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: itty bitty samples

Transfer the contents into small atomizers. I buy the plastic ones (in bulk) from www.accessoriesforfragrances.com.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Transfer the contents into small atomizers. I buy the plastic ones (in bulk) from www.accessoriesforfragrances.com.
    This is what I do.

However, before I could bring myself to buy atomizers just for sampling, I would put the little vial on my wrist, turn it upside down (with wrist sealing opening) and spread some around on my wrist, enough to make a little pool, which I would immediately press to my neck. Repeat with other wrist. Each wearing uses about half the sample, and it gives you a pretty good idea of what the frag is like. Not like spraying though.

Edit: the upside of getting atomizers for testing is that if you decide to buy the fragrance, you already have a small sprayer to decant into for travel, etc.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gae View Post
    Edit: the upside of getting atomizers for testing is that if you decide to buy the fragrance, you already have a small sprayer to decant into for travel, etc.
    That is what I do, since I travel extensively for work - and can put a bunch of them in my "TSA quart size plastic bag".

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gae View Post
    I would put the little vial on my wrist, turn it upside down (with wrist sealing opening) and spread some around on my wrist, enough to make a little pool, which I would immediately press to my neck. Repeat with other wrist. Each wearing uses about half the sample, and it gives you a pretty good idea of what the frag is like.
    Very good idea.

Thank you! Will do.

You learn something new everyday! Good thread, thanks.
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

I get my samples from First In Fragrance; they all come in 2ml sprays so not really an issue. But yeah, from mini-vials I'll normally just pour 1/2 - 3/4 of the vial into my palm and spread it on my neck and arms

exactly

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

This works for us, too.