Code of Conduct

Default Looking for a similar perfume to the Body Shop's Tobacco Flower

Newbie here - I asked this question on Ask Metafilter a while ago and people suggested I come here!

The first perfume I saved up for was The Body Shop's Tobacco Flower. I was devastated when it was discontinued and overjoyed when it was sold for a limited time last year. Is there anything that smells similar? Thanks in advance for everyone's help!

Default Re: Looking for a similar perfume to the Body Shop's Tobacco Flower

Absolutely no idea what the Body Shop Tobacco Flower smells like but suggest you dip into some of the many threads about tobacco and you may get a lead from some of the descriptions you see. L'Occitane recently released an EDP called Immortelle de Corse that may be easy enough to try? Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille is very popular with a lot of people - not mad on it myself but probably worth a shot

Banned

this spicy floral scent with a kisses of smoke, and somewhat girlie scent can be had right now on amazon >>> http://www.amazon.com/Body-Shop-TOBA...1240284&sr=8-2

Dolce and Gabanna pour homme reminds me a lot of TBS Tobacco Flower, but is not identical.
    I used Tobacco Flower for many, many years and I was devastated when they discontinued it. I bought eight 50 mL bottles but they were gone fast.
    Actually Tobacco Flower is the reason I am a basenoter, after Tobacco Flower became discontinued I started the search for a substitute, so I joined Basenotes and all of the sudden my wardrobe was up to 50 perfumes, then up to 100 and now I own over 500 perfumes, I got hooked.

I just order a bottle of Tobacco Flower body oil, I have great expectations and hope I will not be disappointed. At any rate I'll let you know if is worth to have it or not.
    Last edited by PerfumeCollector; 21st December 2013 at 09:58 PM.
    Perfume lovers of the world UNITE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumeCollector View Post
    I just order a bottle of Tobacco Flower body oil, I have great expectations and hope I will not be disappointed. At any rate I'll let you know if is worth to have it or not.
    You're lucky to have found that. Congrats!

(1970)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I got my full ounce of Tobacco Flower body oil from Save On Scents and was utterly disappointed.
    It has a faint similarity with the Body Works product, but is not what I was looking for, it smells very soapy and is not fit as a skin perfume.
    The same was true for the other perfumes I ordered from the same company, they smell very soapy and are just a bad reflection of the originals.
    While I have found some perfumed oil manufacturers do a good job in copying fragrances, this one really does a bad job, all 5 oils I bought from them are awful.
    This bottle will be used as car deodorizer.
    Perfume lovers of the world UNITE!!!!!