Code of Conduct

Default Tabac Original EDC

Call me crazy, but I'm dying to try this stuff given it's longevity (decades long) and the ingredients are supposedly very natural smelling (I'm highly sensitive to synthetic/chemical like smells).

I'm going to hunt for a bottle this weekend. Azzaro Pour Homme is my current favorite yet I've read that Tabac is the godfather of barbershop. I'm hoping I'll like Tabac.

How does the EDT compare to the EDC?

What kind of longevity do you get if you apply it to your chest?

Lastly, is it a nice thick wafting aroma or is it flat/thin?
    Last edited by jclaxton78; 12th November 2011 at 06:13 AM.
    "You do not merely want to be considered just the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones who do what you do." J.G.

Default Re: Tabac Original EDC

Azzaro Pour Homme is much better IMO.

I had a bottle of the EDC but ended up throwing it away as it came across as cheap and I really could smell the chemical synthetic components to it. I still have the deodorant which was better than the EDC but I find the scent overwhelming.

I like it. Haven't tried the EdT. Superb longevity. The classic barbershop vibe can come across has heavy, if you apply too much. Go very light on application until you've found the level that works best for you. Ridiculously inexpensive. Buy it. A good addition to any well-rounded wardrobe.

Well, maybe I ought not to be so excited about Tabac then. I certainly have high expectations and a specific taste. So far only Azzaro has been the only "stew" that truly satisfies me. But I'll still give Tabac a try.
    "You do not merely want to be considered just the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones who do what you do." J.G.

Ridiculous cheap, (30 bucks for 300ml, cmon) http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_..._products.aspx

If i can remember well, resembles Givenchy Gentleman. If i can remember well, please correct me if im wrong.

Good stuff for the fans of classic fragrances.

I found it on amazon for $18 with free shipping, same bottle size too.

EDT is definitely longer lasting than the EDC, but if longevity and projection are not the main issuse, the EDC smells good too, even if shorter-lived

the edc is totally worth getting- the longest lasting (and developing) edc i know. good office scent, nothing similar to azzaro. i don't know the edt.

I own the EdC, haven't tried the EdT.

I really like it as an occassional wear, and for the money you just can't go wrong. Plus it reminds me of my late Father.

I get little longevity with it, but then I tend to use it as a "time for sleep" scent.
    Life's a bitch. If it were a slut it'd be easy.

I've only experienced the cologne. It's fantastic. Been wearing it since '83

Quote Originally Posted by jclaxton78 View Post
    ......Lastly, is it a nice thick wafting aroma or is it flat/thin?

Mainly it's just mind-numbingly tedious.

I have only tried the edc.
    The longevity is good. It's a creamy, warm barbershop fragrance. It does not have the complexity of azzaro but it's what it is.

I would suggest you to check out sashka for him, the amber colored juice in clear bottle.
    It's my favorite in its category.
    http://perfumesmellinthings.blogspot...ashka-for.html

I own both EDC and EDT, they are two different scents. I would definitely go with EDC it's a much better fragrance. Longevity and silage are both great. It doesn't have any resemblance with Azzaro PH. It is definitely a
    barber shop style cologne.

Beats me what barbershops you guys go to, I've been to a lot in both Australia and Italy, and none of them ever had anything that smelled like Tabac.
    When I was very young, one barbershop had stuff that smelled like Paco Rabane PH. More recently, the barbers I go to took to sprucing some Bay Rum around their customers' necks.

As for Tabac, I have the EDC and am not fond of it.
    Renato

The EDC is lovely stuff, warm & very old school. Top notes are a little unpleasant (at least for me, as the tobacco reminded me of The Dreamer, which I can't stand) but then it gets much better.

Banned

both the EdT and EdC are great fragrances ... the EdT is a sharp, floral scent, whereas the EdC is a smooth, citrus scent ... both have average longevity and sillage ...

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Beats me what barbershops you guys go to, I've been to a lot in both Australia and Italy, and none of them ever had anything that smelled like Tabac.
    When I was very young, one barbershop had stuff that smelled like Paco Rabane PH. More recently, the barbers I go to took to sprucing some Bay Rum around their customers' necks.

As for Tabac, I have the EDC and am not fond of it.
    Renato
    Indeed there are variations to barbershop fragrances, but almost always they are fougeres of some kind.
    Ambery warm fougeres, cooler fougeres, herbal fougeres etc.
    In the barbershops of my childhood colognes, usually sprinkled on warm towels were the norm. Lemon, tobacco or lavender.

I own both EDC and EDT, they are two different scents. I would definitely go with EDC it's a much better fragrance. Longevity and silage are both great. It doesn't have any resemblance with Azzaro PH. It is definitely a
    barber shop style cologne.
    I agree. I just gave the EDT away - it is too much like Paco Rabanne p/h. The EDC is far softer, but superior.

Buy a 50 ml version of the dirt cheap edc first.
    Cannot go wrong either way and I am sure u'll like it!
    My Top 10 : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme
    - Guerlain: Homme L'Eau Boisee
    - Pal Zileri: Cuoio
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Amouage: Jubilation XXV
    - Dior: Homme Intense
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

Quote Originally Posted by sarıpatates View Post
    In the barbershops of my childhood colognes, usually sprinkled on warm towels were the norm. Lemon, tobacco or lavender.
    Interesting. I've never had that. It sounds most pleasant.
    Renato

I've got the EDC and I'm very impressed by it, especially considering the cost.

It's a comfort scent, really. It's a Sunday-afternoon-wearing-a-sweater scent rather than a night club thing.

I get more tobacco from it than most around here, but it's tobacco flower, thankfully. (It doesn't make me smell like I've taken up smoking.)

If you want to smell like a floral powdery mess inside a nursing home, go for it. The EdC is the one to buy by all accounts!

The EDT is one to avoid: it's a screechy bitter hiss that never stops. The EDC, on the other hand, becomes quickly smooth and suave.

It's a cheapie, but in the right hands can do some serious damage.

Thanks everyone. I'll give it a go.

Let us know how you get on with it. Tabac EDC is, in my opinion, the best of the high street cheapies - as opposed to one-off online bargains.

It's warm, but not sweet, and somehow a reassuring scent on me - although I'm a newby at this, and other people have far more advanced tastes.

If you like it, can I recommend Alt-Innsbruck as offering a fatter, more grand - albiet sweeter - floral tobacco note? (And if you don't like it, you can always re-gift, what with Christmas coming up!)