Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

I've been hearing good things about the 24 line of fragrances. I was more interested in the Gold version as it's supposed to be more on the gourmand side. Anyone tried these and if so what's your thoughts? Thanks!
    Currently wearing: Avant Garde by Lanvin

Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

I couldn't have explained it better ^

I own the regular one, but i havent had the chance to give it the full wearings it deserves before being able to break it down and recommend it or not .

On a side note, Alex ( the reviewer in the videos above) swears by this stuff and believes it's on par with Tom Ford's private lines ...
    Last edited by tdwctdwc; 13th November 2011 at 08:59 AM.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

I'd love to hear more about 24 gold too, longevity, projection and smell.

I sampled both the other week. Original 24 seemed very generic and something you'd expect for that price, 24 Gold though had a very sweet and delicate (without being wispy and fleeting) amber note and I got a fair few hours on my wrist. It's £25 for 100ml of that, so I'll try it again and wait til it goes on sale in the new year before I buy.

Just received my bottle of 24 Gold and am very happy with it. Master of Styles is dead on with his review. I'd compare it to a less sweet New Haarlem and instead of the coffee note replace it with hazelnut and raspberry. The vanilla and amber are also very well done in this fragrance and it doesn't smell synthetic or cheap in the least. Matter of fact I like it more than New Haarlem and Rochas Man.

Uh-oh, did you say hazelnut, and better than Rochas man in the same post? I just tried Mechant Loup and absolutely loved the hazelnut aspect, and I own and quite enjoy Rochas. I'd better try this stuff out...

Never heard of it before though - where do you find this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gae View Post
    Uh-oh, did you say hazelnut, and better than Rochas man in the same post? I just tried Mechant Loup and absolutely loved the hazelnut aspect, and I own and quite enjoy Rochas. I'd better try this stuff out...

Never heard of it before though - where do you find this stuff?
    I got mine off of ebay. Just do a search of 24 the fragrance. The seller I bought from also gives away a free tshirt with purchase. Here's a link to the seller and 3.4 24 gold http://www.ebay.com/itm/250817060226...#ht_3461wt_905

http://www.thefragranceshop.co.uk/p3...0ml-spray.html

tempted to try this but haven't seen a review to push me over the fence yet.

It's a nice scent. Wouldn't rate it a 10 myself though. The top notes are very nice, sweet and unisex, but I feel that it lacks somewhat in the dry down. Just not that long lasting and a little nondescript. Not sure what to compare it to but as a very vague description, I'd say if someone likes Lolita Lempicka (femme) plus the raspberry note from Diesel Fuel For Life for men, then perhaps that person could also enjoy this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofyaan View Post
    http://www.thefragranceshop.co.uk/p3...0ml-spray.html

tempted to try this but haven't seen a review to push me over the fence yet.
    Not only it was my most successful blind buy to date, but it's also the best gourmand scent i have tried.

It's so rich, natural, expensive smelling ,very seductive and comforting ( i'm pretty sure it's the amber note ).

I am a gourmand fan. I own A*men, Pure Havane, Pure Malt, Le male, Pi, DHI (vintage), L'instant de guerlain extreme . Also tested Rochas man and New Harlem . And this easily top all of them in my book .

Such a delicious oriental/gourmand...
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

I just assumed this one was a novelty and never really took it seriously as a fragrance to try.

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    L'instant de guerlain extreme .
    :O better then l'instant de guerlain extreme ?????

I have to admit though I am quite new to this hole perfume thing so I am not sure what you mean by Gourmand?

Does gold 24 have that same chocolaty smell like l'instant and dior homme intense ?

what age category would this scent match in your opinion?

:O better then l'instant de guerlain extreme ?????

I have to admit though I am quite new to this hole perfume thing so I am not sure what you mean by Gourmand?

Does gold 24 have that same chocolaty smell like l'instant and dior homme intense ?

what age category would this scent match in your opinion?
    A gourmand scent may contain notes such as spices, honey, vanilla, chocolate, amber , cinnamon, cacao, etc...

24 Gold is not chocolaty and doesn't have the cacao in L'instant and DHI .

Think : Raspberry , creme brulee, and hazelnut . Not to mention the amber note which is kinda hard for me to describe .

I did like it more than DHI and L'instant , but that's just me , my opinion .

At the end of the day, i think you owe it to yourself to at least try it !

Age ? i say 21 and above.... but who cares, it just smells good ! lol

A gourmand scent may contain notes such as spices, honey, vanilla, chocolate, amber , cinnamon, cacao, etc...

24 Gold is not chocolaty and doesn't have the cacao in L'instant and DHI .

Think : Raspberry , creme brulee, and hazelnut . Not to mention the amber note which is kinda hard for me to describe .

I did like it more than DHI and L'instant , but that's just me , my opinion .

At the end of the day, i think you owe it to yourself to at least try it !

Age ? i say 21 and above.... but who cares, it just smells good ! lol

hmmm raspberry and creme brulee sounds interesting.... you are doing a very good job of persuading me lol keep going !

I am 18 years old and I have been accused of wearing scents which don't match my age for example l'instant so I'm kind of hoping this scent will have a bit more youthfull kind of smell to it. the raspberry you describe might give it that edge I'm looking for.

what are the compliments like on this one ?

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I just assumed this one was a novelty and never really took it seriously as a fragrance to try.
    I thought the same. Intrigued now.

I've been waiting for 24 Gold to go on sale and snagged the 50ml on Boxing Day. Shit's incredible. I get a delicious mix of amber, jasmine and raspberry.

hmmm raspberry and creme brulee sounds interesting.... you are doing a very good job of persuading me lol keep going !

I am 18 years old and I have been accused of wearing scents which don't match my age for example l'instant so I'm kind of hoping this scent will have a bit more youthfull kind of smell to it. the raspberry you describe might give it that edge I'm looking for.

what are the compliments like on this one ?
    Got tons of compliments on Christmas eve while wearing it , from both men and women.

My sister's husband wears Tom Ford White patchouli and he was blown away by this. I think he already bought it lol.

Another second relative wants to buy it for her hubby too . She kept complimenting me on it all night long .

Got tons of compliments on Christmas eve while wearing it , from both men and women.

My sister's husband wears Tom Ford White patchouli and he was blown away by this. I think he already bought it lol.

Another second relative wants to buy it for her hubby too . She kept complimenting me on it all night long .

I think you have made my decision. I am going to buy this perfume! Hopefully it will match my age group and I wont be accused of having an old nose again lol

I will let you know my thoughts as soon as it arrives!

DAMMIT TELL ME WHICH STORES IN THE US HAVE THIS STUFF!!!

/J. Bauer impression
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

Not available in US store yet, but you can buy it here :

http://www.amazon.com/24-Fragrance-I...5058665&sr=8-1

I think you have made my decision. I am going to buy this perfume! Hopefully it will match my age group and I wont be accused of having an old nose again lol

I will let you know my thoughts as soon as it arrives!
    cool, hope you like it as much as i do ...

Smells young and unisex, no way anybody will accuse you of old school taste when wearing this one.

I would not put it in the same league as DHI or L'Instant. It's a nice little scent and I paid £10 for a bottle, which is an appropriate price as far as I'm concerned.

Don't know about the gold one, but a friend of mine had the original 24 and I didn't like it at all.

Basenotes Junkie

Just ordered the Gold edition. Will give my impression when it arrives.

I dont see how anyone can drone on and on for 10 minutes about the 24 fragrances
    Want to trade - Chanel Platinum Egoiste for Dior Eau Sauvage...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

24 Gold takes a steamin piss over the original 24 fragrance, which is a generic dept store mess. Definitely try 24 Gold if you can.

quick question..... whats projection like on this scent ?

decent/very good (24 gold)

just bought a bottle of 24 Gold 50ml EDT. Pity I couldn't get a bigger bottle but that was all that was left in stock. It arrives in 3-5 days so I will let you know my thoughts on arrival!

thanks tdwctdwc for giving me the confidence to get it!

thanks tdwctdwc for giving me the confidence to get it!
    Nooo problem . Hope you will like it !