Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 60 of 85
  1. #1

    Default 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    I've been hearing good things about the 24 line of fragrances. I was more interested in the Gold version as it's supposed to be more on the gourmand side. Anyone tried these and if so what's your thoughts? Thanks!

  2. #2

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.







    I couldn't have explained it better ^

    I own the regular one, but i havent had the chance to give it the full wearings it deserves before being able to break it down and recommend it or not .

    On a side note, Alex ( the reviewer in the videos above) swears by this stuff and believes it's on par with Tom Ford's private lines ...
    Last edited by tdwctdwc; 13th November 2011 at 08:59 AM.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

  3. #3

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    I'd love to hear more about 24 gold too, longevity, projection and smell.

  4. #4

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    I sampled both the other week. Original 24 seemed very generic and something you'd expect for that price, 24 Gold though had a very sweet and delicate (without being wispy and fleeting) amber note and I got a fair few hours on my wrist. It's £25 for 100ml of that, so I'll try it again and wait til it goes on sale in the new year before I buy.

  5. #5

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Just received my bottle of 24 Gold and am very happy with it. Master of Styles is dead on with his review. I'd compare it to a less sweet New Haarlem and instead of the coffee note replace it with hazelnut and raspberry. The vanilla and amber are also very well done in this fragrance and it doesn't smell synthetic or cheap in the least. Matter of fact I like it more than New Haarlem and Rochas Man.

  6. #6

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Uh-oh, did you say hazelnut, and better than Rochas man in the same post? I just tried Mechant Loup and absolutely loved the hazelnut aspect, and I own and quite enjoy Rochas. I'd better try this stuff out...

    Never heard of it before though - where do you find this stuff?

  7. #7

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gae View Post
    Uh-oh, did you say hazelnut, and better than Rochas man in the same post? I just tried Mechant Loup and absolutely loved the hazelnut aspect, and I own and quite enjoy Rochas. I'd better try this stuff out...

    Never heard of it before though - where do you find this stuff?
    I got mine off of ebay. Just do a search of 24 the fragrance. The seller I bought from also gives away a free tshirt with purchase. Here's a link to the seller and 3.4 24 gold http://www.ebay.com/itm/250817060226...#ht_3461wt_905

  8. #8

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    http://www.thefragranceshop.co.uk/p3...0ml-spray.html

    tempted to try this but haven't seen a review to push me over the fence yet.

  9. #9

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    It's a nice scent. Wouldn't rate it a 10 myself though. The top notes are very nice, sweet and unisex, but I feel that it lacks somewhat in the dry down. Just not that long lasting and a little nondescript. Not sure what to compare it to but as a very vague description, I'd say if someone likes Lolita Lempicka (femme) plus the raspberry note from Diesel Fuel For Life for men, then perhaps that person could also enjoy this.

  10. #10

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sofyaan View Post
    http://www.thefragranceshop.co.uk/p3...0ml-spray.html

    tempted to try this but haven't seen a review to push me over the fence yet.
    Not only it was my most successful blind buy to date, but it's also the best gourmand scent i have tried.

    It's so rich, natural, expensive smelling ,very seductive and comforting ( i'm pretty sure it's the amber note ).

    I am a gourmand fan. I own A*men, Pure Havane, Pure Malt, Le male, Pi, DHI (vintage), L'instant de guerlain extreme . Also tested Rochas man and New Harlem . And this easily top all of them in my book .

    Such a delicious oriental/gourmand...
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

  11. #11

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    I just assumed this one was a novelty and never really took it seriously as a fragrance to try.

  12. #12

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    L'instant de guerlain extreme .
    :O better then l'instant de guerlain extreme ?????

    I have to admit though I am quite new to this hole perfume thing so I am not sure what you mean by Gourmand?

    Does gold 24 have that same chocolaty smell like l'instant and dior homme intense ?

    what age category would this scent match in your opinion?

  13. #13

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sofyaan View Post
    :O better then l'instant de guerlain extreme ?????

    I have to admit though I am quite new to this hole perfume thing so I am not sure what you mean by Gourmand?

    Does gold 24 have that same chocolaty smell like l'instant and dior homme intense ?

    what age category would this scent match in your opinion?
    A gourmand scent may contain notes such as spices, honey, vanilla, chocolate, amber , cinnamon, cacao, etc...

    24 Gold is not chocolaty and doesn't have the cacao in L'instant and DHI .

    Think : Raspberry , creme brulee, and hazelnut . Not to mention the amber note which is kinda hard for me to describe .

    I did like it more than DHI and L'instant , but that's just me , my opinion .

    At the end of the day, i think you owe it to yourself to at least try it !

    Age ? i say 21 and above.... but who cares, it just smells good ! lol
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

  14. #14

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    A gourmand scent may contain notes such as spices, honey, vanilla, chocolate, amber , cinnamon, cacao, etc...

    24 Gold is not chocolaty and doesn't have the cacao in L'instant and DHI .

    Think : Raspberry , creme brulee, and hazelnut . Not to mention the amber note which is kinda hard for me to describe .

    I did like it more than DHI and L'instant , but that's just me , my opinion .

    At the end of the day, i think you owe it to yourself to at least try it !

    Age ? i say 21 and above.... but who cares, it just smells good ! lol


    hmmm raspberry and creme brulee sounds interesting.... you are doing a very good job of persuading me lol keep going !

    I am 18 years old and I have been accused of wearing scents which don't match my age for example l'instant so I'm kind of hoping this scent will have a bit more youthfull kind of smell to it. the raspberry you describe might give it that edge I'm looking for.

    what are the compliments like on this one ?

  15. #15

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I just assumed this one was a novelty and never really took it seriously as a fragrance to try.
    I thought the same. Intrigued now.

  16. #16

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    I've been waiting for 24 Gold to go on sale and snagged the 50ml on Boxing Day. Shit's incredible. I get a delicious mix of amber, jasmine and raspberry.

  17. #17

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sofyaan View Post
    hmmm raspberry and creme brulee sounds interesting.... you are doing a very good job of persuading me lol keep going !

    I am 18 years old and I have been accused of wearing scents which don't match my age for example l'instant so I'm kind of hoping this scent will have a bit more youthfull kind of smell to it. the raspberry you describe might give it that edge I'm looking for.

    what are the compliments like on this one ?
    Got tons of compliments on Christmas eve while wearing it , from both men and women.

    My sister's husband wears Tom Ford White patchouli and he was blown away by this. I think he already bought it lol.

    Another second relative wants to buy it for her hubby too . She kept complimenting me on it all night long .
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

  18. #18

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    Got tons of compliments on Christmas eve while wearing it , from both men and women.

    My sister's husband wears Tom Ford White patchouli and he was blown away by this. I think he already bought it lol.

    Another second relative wants to buy it for her hubby too . She kept complimenting me on it all night long .

    I think you have made my decision. I am going to buy this perfume! Hopefully it will match my age group and I wont be accused of having an old nose again lol

    I will let you know my thoughts as soon as it arrives!

  19. #19

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    DAMMIT TELL ME WHICH STORES IN THE US HAVE THIS STUFF!!!

    /J. Bauer impression

  20. #20

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Not available in US store yet, but you can buy it here :

    http://www.amazon.com/24-Fragrance-I...5058665&sr=8-1
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

  21. #21

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sofyaan View Post
    I think you have made my decision. I am going to buy this perfume! Hopefully it will match my age group and I wont be accused of having an old nose again lol

    I will let you know my thoughts as soon as it arrives!
    cool, hope you like it as much as i do ...
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

  22. #22

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Smells young and unisex, no way anybody will accuse you of old school taste when wearing this one.

    I would not put it in the same league as DHI or L'Instant. It's a nice little scent and I paid £10 for a bottle, which is an appropriate price as far as I'm concerned.

  23. #23
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Búzios
    Posts
    79,196

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Don't know about the gold one, but a friend of mine had the original 24 and I didn't like it at all.

  24. #24

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Just ordered the Gold edition. Will give my impression when it arrives.

  25. #25
    Dependent heperd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    4,808

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    I dont see how anyone can drone on and on for 10 minutes about the 24 fragrances

  26. #26

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    24 Gold takes a steamin piss over the original 24 fragrance, which is a generic dept store mess. Definitely try 24 Gold if you can.

  27. #27

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    quick question..... whats projection like on this scent ?

  28. #28

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    decent/very good (24 gold)

  29. #29

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    just bought a bottle of 24 Gold 50ml EDT. Pity I couldn't get a bigger bottle but that was all that was left in stock. It arrives in 3-5 days so I will let you know my thoughts on arrival!

    thanks tdwctdwc for giving me the confidence to get it!

  30. #30

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sofyaan View Post
    thanks tdwctdwc for giving me the confidence to get it!
    Nooo problem . Hope you will like it !
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

  31. #31

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Just received my bottle of 24 Gold and am very happy with it. Master of Styles is dead on with his review. I'd compare it to a less sweet New Haarlem and instead of the coffee note replace it with hazelnut and raspberry. The vanilla and amber are also very well done in this fragrance and it doesn't smell synthetic or cheap in the least. Matter of fact I like it more than New Haarlem and Rochas Man.


    Rich, how's it holding up a month later?

  32. #32

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Can't wait to try it at the local Dollar Tree store !

  33. #33

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    I recently bought it and did not like it. Too cheap and synthetic. Bottle was leaking when it arrived. Leaking bottle even after cleaning it up. Not in the same league as New Haarlem and other gourmands that are well reviewed here.

  34. #34
    PuddleMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces
    Posts
    2,487

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    24? as in the show that ran about 6 seasons too long?

    ╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄««««« Çlïck ít ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

  35. #35

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    24? as in the show that ran about 6 seasons too long?
    LOL, I cant get over that one either but the frag sounds pretty good. Worth a try and its cheap.

  36. #36

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    I just got a bottle in a couple days ago and gave it a quick wear.

    My initial impression--it smells really good. And unlike anything else I've come in contact with.

    It's got an interesting raspberry note that blends with a white chocolate caramely thing and it's also a little smoky and spicy.

    Smells better (to me at least) coming off the skin at a little bit of a distance than smelled up close, nose to skin. But that's not necessarily a bad thing.

    I'm not ready to go on record and compare it to TV or PM or PH or New Haarlem or anything else at the moment. Need a little more time with it.

  37. #37

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Just received my 50ml bottle of 24 gold.

    the initial spray with that raspberry note is very nice indeed ! once it settles down a bit it just smells amazing! ..... I have been wearing it for about 30 minutes and I am loving it so far. Does anyone else get the kind of minty vibe from it though ? I really like the fragrance but I get the impression its not really a going out kind of fragrance i.e. not one that you would wear to a club to impress the ladies but a more where at home in front of the fire kind of smell... thats what im getting so far, not sure if anyone would agree with that or if it even makes sense lol

    i will report back in a few hours to give my impression then. I would definitely recommend buying the fragrance though its a good blind buy!

  38. #38

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Ok, so now I too am intrigued, but I have too many fragrances on my wish list to blind buy this. Who wants to send me a sample? PM me! We can swap some samples or something. Let me know...

  39. #39

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sofyaan View Post
    Just received my 50ml bottle of 24 gold.

    the initial spray with that raspberry note is very nice indeed ! once it settles down a bit it just smells amazing! ..... I have been wearing it for about 30 minutes and I am loving it so far. Does anyone else get the kind of minty vibe from it though ? I really like the fragrance but I get the impression its not really a going out kind of fragrance i.e. not one that you would wear to a club to impress the ladies but a more where at home in front of the fire kind of smell... thats what im getting so far, not sure if anyone would agree with that or if it even makes sense lol

    i will report back in a few hours to give my impression then. I would definitely recommend buying the fragrance though its a good blind buy!
    Aha , glad you like it . Not sure about the minty vibe you're mentioning, but it's a little smoky yeah .



    Although i don't categorize fragrances , but if i had to with this one, i say wear it for dates/restaurants/ quite night out/ bar.

    It's a cozy, inviting and a very seductive fragrance .

    It's not a club whore like 1 million if that's what you're asking lol...
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

  40. #40

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    hmmmm its much stronger than i thought it would be.....could get cloying at times big time.....there is this raspberry dipped in melted honey wax accord that persists non stop.....i would have t give it another wearing or two but I will say I was pleasantly surprised by the strength and the quality of this juice......not bad at all.....def not a shy one by any stretch of the imagination.....my parents were complaining for 2 hours straight when i came to visit yesterday so thats a good sign.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

    My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

  41. #41

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    quite night out.

    It's a cozy, inviting and a very seductive fragrance .

    It's not a club whore like 1 million if that's what you're asking lol...

    you hit the nail on the head with that one ! yes i think it works for a quite night out and definitely not the club whore ! lol

    its been 6 hours now and i have washed my hands atleast 3 times and i can still slightly smell it ! the dry down is very good but i dont think I will get a proper feel of this fragrance until I where it out a few times. thanks for the help in getting it though ! im glad I took the risk!

  42. #42

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sofyaan View Post
    the dry down is very good but i dont think I will get a proper feel of this fragrance until I where it out a few times. thanks for the help in getting it though ! im glad I took the risk!
    That's exactly what happened with me on the first wearing . It's like: ok i liked it, but in the same i was overwhelmed while trying to break it down . The more you wear it, you more you'll find how rich and unique this gourmand is .

    And you're welcome .
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

  43. #43

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    hmmmm its much stronger than i thought it would be.....could get cloying at times big time.....there is this raspberry dipped in melted honey wax accord that persists non stop.....i would have t give it another wearing or two but I will say I was pleasantly surprised by the strength and the quality of this juice......not bad at all.....def not a shy one by any stretch of the imagination.....my parents were complaining for 2 hours straight when i came to visit yesterday so thats a good sign.
    Agree with this. Much, much stronger than I expected (24 Gold). Maybe a bit too sweet for me, but I'll give it a few more goes.
    Last edited by Randall Flagg; 8th January 2012 at 01:41 PM.

  44. #44

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Since there are two frags being discussed, can the posters please indicate which they are talking about? Is every one of the posts in the last day talking about 24 Gold? Is anyone talking about 24 "Classic" lol?

    And I would also like to volunteer for a sample swap, if anyone is down. Thanks!

  45. #45

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    sprayed myself with 24 gold again today and I'm loving it more and more..... I recommend everyone to at least try it!

  46. #46

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    anyone know where you can get a sample of this please?
    i'm curious now with all the positive comments, but almost always regret when buying blind so trying not to anymore.

  47. #47

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Rich, how's it holding up a month later?
    Update: Been wearing 24 gold for a couple of months now and can say that it's really a great semi gourmand. Have gotten a ton of compliments on this and my wife who doesn't like sweet fragrances gave it a big thumbs up. Definately a keeper and one I'll be stocking up on.

  48. #48

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Tell me this has nothing to do with the show...

  49. #49

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Just bought both recently, Gold is really something special, Sweet gourmand with a raspberry accord.. Got compliments on my first wearing of it. The regular 24 is bit meh.. Smells lemony and cheap.. Luckily I paid just £10 for the 50ml. Wonder how the 'Platinum' edition will smell

  50. #50

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Definitely doing to have to keep my eye out for 24 gold...it just sounds so interesting.

  51. #51

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Any word/news on the platinum one?

  52. #52

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    I saw 24 Gold in the bargain bin at a Perfume Shop. I had a squirt from the tester. It was beyond sweet - like A*Men with raspberry. Not for me, alas.

  53. #53

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    I saw 24 Gold in the bargain bin at a Perfume Shop. I had a squirt from the tester. It was beyond sweet - like A*Men with raspberry. Not for me, alas.
    I sold mine after 2 weeks. I couldn't stand the sweetness. Far too much for my taste.

  54. #54

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Does anybody know a European online store that ships to Germany?
    My top 16:

    1. Joop! - Homme 2. Puredistance - M
    3. Tom Ford - Tobacco vanille 4. Tom Ford - Neroli portofino
    5. Tauer - L'air de desert marocaine 6. Armani Privé - Ambre orient
    7. Bond - Harrod's oud 8. Amouage - Jubilation XXV
    9. Parf. Brückner - Aoud 1 10. Clive Christian - X
    11.Xerjoff - Regio 12. Lush - Breath of God
    13. M.Micaleff - Art collec. 102 14. Armani Privé - Figuier eden
    15. Nasomatto - Pardon 16. Heeley - Oranges and lemons ...

  55. #55
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,010

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    I saw 24 Gold in the bargain bin at a Perfume Shop. I had a squirt from the tester. It was beyond sweet - like A*Men with raspberry. Not for me, alas.
    I found it to be quite mediocre - didn't do a thing for me. Not anything I would purchase - regardless of the price.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 17th February 2012 at 04:51 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  56. #56

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    ........

  57. #57

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I found it to be quite mediocre - didn't do a thing for me. Not anything I would purchase - regardless of the price.
    I agree.

  58. #58

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Funny how people's taste are different when it comes to sweet smelling notes. I think what people really enjoy about this fragrance is the raspberry and amber notes.

  59. #59

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    I dont like overly sweet scents. I've found the best sweet scents are balancd by non-sweet ingredients to make them less one dimensional. Ambre Narguile smells good but not something I want to be wearing as a cologne.

  60. #60

    Default Re: 24 The Fragrance thoughts.

    Updating this thread with the announcement that 24 Platinum will be released in Europe and America in April.

    Top Notes: Rose, orange, mandarin, and juniper berry.
    Mids: Sandlewood, gurjun balsam, and galbanum.
    Base Notes: Vanilla, amber, and white musk.

    Platinum is classified as a flowery oriental to add to the line of 24 Gold (sweet oriental), and 24 (woody oriental).

Similar Threads

  1. London: Epic fragrance day out - my thoughts
    By Zubbbrastyle in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 3rd May 2011, 07:28 AM
  2. Thoughts on the fragrance 180 Ans de Guerlain
    By mikeperez23 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 13th August 2010, 05:16 PM
  3. The New LEIBER fragrance any thoughts??
    By perfumegirl in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18th October 2007, 06:23 PM
  4. Thoughts on Pal Zileri fragrance
    By Markymark in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12th February 2006, 06:34 PM
  5. Thoughts on Pal Zileri fragrance
    By in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st January 1970, 01:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •