Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Creed Aventus sample smells nothing like tester

Quote Originally Posted by TimandT View Post
    I agree with this comment for sure. Please explain to me why you think this happens? I used to splash my cologne from the sample vial but when I bought a bottle I thought it opened the same(the juice) but dried down differently. Why do you think this happens and do you know how to get the Aventus bottles top sprayer off and be able to use it as splash? Thanks
    de Toilette Légère from 2005, Jean-Paul Gue

Count me as one of the curious too!

I just today experienced the same thing with a difference fragrance (Antaeus). The spray smelled lighter, brighter. The dabbed one was a bit darker, with more character and I liked it better.

Does anyone have a theory why this would be?

I agree with this comment for sure. Please explain to me why you think this happens? I used to splash my cologne from the sample vial but when I bought a bottle I thought it opened the same(the juice) but dried down differently. Why do you think this happens and do you know how to get the Aventus bottles top sprayer off and be able to use it as splash? Thanks
    It might take some effort to get the top off, but you could always just spray some into your palm and apply it like a splash from there (that's the way my dad does it).

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    It might take some effort to get the top off, but you could always just spray some into your palm and apply it like a splash from there (that's the way my dad does it).
    Ya but if you sprayed it into your palms it still goes through the atomizer and basically is the "sprayed" version. It needs to be dabbed from the bottle before its sprayed. I need to know how to get the top off lol.

Ya but if you sprayed it into your palms it still goes through the atomizer and basically is the "sprayed" version. It needs to be dabbed from the bottle before its sprayed. I need to know how to get the top off lol.
    I don't think it's the atomization (is that a word?) that's the problem so much as the concentration in a given spot. I think when it's dabbed it just wears heavier in a smaller location versus the same amount being spread out and having the alcohol evaporate at a much quicker rate. I can't speak with any authority on this however, just making assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by coolboy153 View Post
    I dont know where the hell you buy your creeds guys but since the release of Aventus, I bought maybe 5 or 6 bottle, my friend who wore it too also bought maybe 3-4 bottle and they always smelled the same damn thing. Even the testers that got changed MANY times at the stores always smelled the same thing. I don't know if the batch problem is only in the USA or something but here in montreal, all the bottle from Ogilvy store have never got any batch problems... My friend who work there told me that since the release of Aventus, all the returning customers told her that they never saw anything different from their previous Aventus bottles.

..And the Aventus here where I buy it, its almost only a pineapple juice smell. The oakmoss and musk are not that present.. AND, on skin it stays for more than 24h even after a shower....... really weird... but I ENJOY THAT!!
    You are very fortunate!

Quote Originally Posted by luvinfragsguy View Post
    You are very fortunate!
    My wife thinks this scent smells very clean when she smells me. She doesn't get any dirty, cloudy ash smell at all. She says it starts out fruity then turns into a really clean smell. I can't smell it, to me it smells a little different. I still love this scent. It's adducting. I can see myself wearing this forever as my signature smell. It's definitely an aphrodisiac. If u don't already have a bottle then pick one up. It's worth it. My batch is S42B11S01