Code of Conduct

Default Creed Aventus sample smells nothing like tester

I sparayed Aventus at neimans and loved it. Went back the next day and scored a sample vile on a card. Put some on this evening and it smells nothing like what I was smelling from the real bottle. Is this normal?

Default Re: Creed Aventus sample smells nothing like tester

Welcome to the world of Creed. You might do a Basenotes search on "Aventus batch variations".
    - Expect the unexpected

Understand it varies widely, but luckily haven't experienced this.

There can be differences with any scent on card and on skin. Too, there are the infamous Avenus batch variations. Third, when you smelled it on card, you may have been smelling it for what... Maybe 10 minutes? The scent develops over an hour or two.

I don't mean to assume you're totally new to men's scents jayhawks, but no scent smells like the opening notes for the entire wearing. That's why the mantra here is sample sample sample. Sniff in store can be misleading. The opening notes are meant to hook people at first whiff.

Aventus starts with a big blast of pineapple that fades away in about one half hour. Then oakmoss and musk take over. Whatever it morphs into, I personally can't smell it after one hour, but others can.

when it doubt blame creed is the basenotes mantra

Let me guess, one smelled like Pineapple and the other like ash?
    Yeah, that's the famous batch variations. I didn't like Aventus because of the ashy base at first, but it's starting to grow on me the more I sample it.

That is Funny, mine opens with pineapple that quickly sets into a very pleasant incense.

Sur la Plage

I've never heard of such a thing before.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaconneur View Post
    Welcome to the world of Creed.
    Haha. These were the first words that came to mind the moment I saw the thread title.

I love you guys ! I didnt even have to say it again

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    Haha. These were the first words that came to mind the moment I saw the thread title.
    You can't help but to think this when it comes to any conversation regarding Creed. I'm not a hater and I have many Creed fragrances but I am realistic about the current limitation of this house.
    - Expect the unexpected

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

You can't help but to think this when it comes to any conversation regarding Creed. I'm not a hater and I have many Creed fragrances but I am realistic about the current limitation of this house.
    +++

I can not agree more.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

I'm outraged!

I dont know where the hell you buy your creeds guys but since the release of Aventus, I bought maybe 5 or 6 bottle, my friend who wore it too also bought maybe 3-4 bottle and they always smelled the same damn thing. Even the testers that got changed MANY times at the stores always smelled the same thing. I don't know if the batch problem is only in the USA or something but here in montreal, all the bottle from Ogilvy store have never got any batch problems... My friend who work there told me that since the release of Aventus, all the returning customers told her that they never saw anything different from their previous Aventus bottles.

..And the Aventus here where I buy it, its almost only a pineapple juice smell. The oakmoss and musk are not that present.. AND, on skin it stays for more than 24h even after a shower....... really weird... but I ENJOY THAT!!

Quote Originally Posted by coolboy153 View Post
    I don't know if the batch problem is only in the USA or something but here in montreal, all the bottle from Ogilvy store have never got any batch problems... My friend who work there told me that since the release of Aventus, all the returning customers told her that they never saw anything different from their previous Aventus bottles.
    I guess when my flacon runs dry, a road trip to Montreal is in order.
    - Expect the unexpected

Good Idea. I don't know if its just a matter of luck but well, its awesome. The only problem is the price. 320$ or 340$ CAN, TAX NOT INCLUDED! So... with the tax included its like 360$ US for 120ml... Its expensive loll but.. it worth it!

Just to confirm if you are not trolling: which Neimans did you go to? I have wide coverage of neimans in the US and can either go there myself to confirm your claims or have someone test it or send me a sample.
    -

I think this is just a case of using a tester bottle (spraying) vs dabbing from a sample vial. There is a pretty big difference, and not just with Creed.

Well Jayhawks is stuck at one post... Will he ever be back??

cool story bro.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Just to confirm if you are not trolling ...

Pretty much where I am with Creed as well. I do like a few of their scents.
    Last edited by mrclmind; 13th November 2011 at 04:06 PM.

I dont know where the hell you buy your creeds guys but since the release of Aventus, I bought maybe 5 or 6 bottle, my friend who wore it too also bought maybe 3-4 bottle and they always smelled the same damn thing. Even the testers that got changed MANY times at the stores always smelled the same thing. I don't know if the batch problem is only in the USA or something but here in montreal, all the bottle from Ogilvy store have never got any batch problems... My friend who work there told me that since the release of Aventus, all the returning customers told her that they never saw anything different from their previous Aventus bottles.
    this book explains a lot...

Excuse me if I have no particular judgments of Creed one way or the other, but it seems ridiculous to contend that any such well-established company, one that as a matter of course produces such products on a daily basis, would find themselves somehow unable to maintain a consistent product quality.

Is it the consensus that their raw materials supplies are terrifically irregular in nature, and as a result the whole thing is out of their hands, or simply that they are a bunch of dummys ?

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

I have purchased multiple 4oz bottles, it's the same scent.

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄««««« Çlïck ít ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Neimans in Chicago. It could be a case of dab vs spray but the diff is astounding.

Dabbed Aventus loses alot of character and seems to ramp up the heart notes that people have a problem with. Its one that definately benefits from being atomised.

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    I have purchased multiple 4oz bottles, it's the same scent.

I have a 4oz from the first release batch (E01). I have a flacon of Jazznpool's favorite batch (J01). I have a 4oz of K03 and a few samples of K04.

It's the same scent.

p.s. - LOL @ teh gif.

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    Dabbed Aventus loses alot of character and seems to ramp up the heart notes that people have a problem with. Its one that definately benefits from being atomised.
    quoted for TRUTH.

Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    I think this is just a case of using a tester bottle (spraying) vs dabbing from a sample vial. There is a pretty big difference, and not just with Creed.
    I agree with this comment for sure. Please explain to me why you think this happens? I used to splash my cologne from the sample vial but when I bought a bottle I thought it opened the same(the juice) but dried down differently. Why do you think this happens and do you know how to get the Aventus bottles top sprayer off and be able to use it as splash? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TimandT View Post
    I agree with this comment for sure. Please explain to me why you think this happens? I used to splash my cologne from the sample vial but when I bought a bottle I thought it opened the same(the juice) but dried down differently. Why do you think this happens and do you know how to get the Aventus bottles top sprayer off and be able to use it as splash? Thanks
    de Toilette Légère from 2005, Jean-Paul Gue

Count me as one of the curious too!

I just today experienced the same thing with a difference fragrance (Antaeus). The spray smelled lighter, brighter. The dabbed one was a bit darker, with more character and I liked it better.

Does anyone have a theory why this would be?

It might take some effort to get the top off, but you could always just spray some into your palm and apply it like a splash from there (that's the way my dad does it).

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    It might take some effort to get the top off, but you could always just spray some into your palm and apply it like a splash from there (that's the way my dad does it).
    Ya but if you sprayed it into your palms it still goes through the atomizer and basically is the "sprayed" version. It needs to be dabbed from the bottle before its sprayed. I need to know how to get the top off lol.

Ya but if you sprayed it into your palms it still goes through the atomizer and basically is the "sprayed" version. It needs to be dabbed from the bottle before its sprayed. I need to know how to get the top off lol.
    I don't think it's the atomization (is that a word?) that's the problem so much as the concentration in a given spot. I think when it's dabbed it just wears heavier in a smaller location versus the same amount being spread out and having the alcohol evaporate at a much quicker rate. I can't speak with any authority on this however, just making assumptions.

..And the Aventus here where I buy it, its almost only a pineapple juice smell. The oakmoss and musk are not that present.. AND, on skin it stays for more than 24h even after a shower....... really weird... but I ENJOY THAT!!
    You are very fortunate!

Quote Originally Posted by luvinfragsguy View Post
    You are very fortunate!
    My wife thinks this scent smells very clean when she smells me. She doesn't get any dirty, cloudy ash smell at all. She says it starts out fruity then turns into a really clean smell. I can't smell it, to me it smells a little different. I still love this scent. It's adducting. I can see myself wearing this forever as my signature smell. It's definitely an aphrodisiac. If u don't already have a bottle then pick one up. It's worth it. My batch is S42B11S01