Code of Conduct

Default Bottega Veneta or SL Daim Blond

BNers,

I've noted that Bottega Veneta is often compared to SL Daim Blond in fragrance reviews. If you had to choose between these two, which one would you choose? I know in the real world there are other (potentially better) options, but in this scenario it's down to two: Bottega Veneta or Daim Blond.

What say you?

Default Re: Bottega Veneta or SL Daim Blond

They're both very nice.
    I would go with the Bottega Veneta. Its a bit more intense.

for swap/sale:

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I own both. It's a fair comparison. The Lutens is a little drier & linear while the Bottega feels a bit more lush & a little more complex. It may come down to personal preferences but Daim Blond gets more wear from me.

I own both as well. I adored BV on first sniff but DB I really did not like when first released. Infact it was only last year when I decided upon being given a sample decided to give another go I fell in love.

BV is softer and not as rich, I will say more wearable for many.
    DONNA

Both. If pressed harder, it is SL -- the classic of the genre.

Daim Blond has been reformulated and has lost some of its richness. So for now, I'll say BV is a better choice.

Sur la Plage

Daim Blond

Daim Blond for me, there's a 'fresh' note in the BV I find very unpleasant, it became increasingly strong with successive wearings. Is there some calone lurking deep in there somewhere?

There are some clear parallels between the two. The suede is prevalent in both; then, there is also the fruit facet. Daim Blond, however, is more intense to me. The apricot is much sweeter and more obvious, almost as in apricot jam. The drydown contains a touch of space, which I like very much. Bottega Veneta starts rather citrusy for me. It is not as sweet, and the fruit is very gentle.
    I prefer Daim Blond right now, but perhaps Bottega Veneta would be more appropriate in the summer. If I can get over the citruses, it is a nice fragrance.

When was DB reformulated? Oh, no....

Another vote for Daim Blond.

Thanks BNers for your input. Thus far DB has the most votes. I put both on yesterday and compared the two. While I enjoyed both very much, I didn't get much leather/suede from BV on my skin; rather a pleasant citrus/chypre. It does feel like a casually elegant scent. Jeans, t-shirt and a strand of pearls image comes to mind. DB, once the jammy apricot settles down the beauty of the suede definitely came thru. DB feels more grown up and a bit more formal. An outfit of winter white Joan Crawford style plays in my mind.

BV really is tempting, but ultimately I really want a beautiful suede scent for Winter, so leaning toward a repurchase of DB. I wore it last winter with great enjoyment.

p.s. who am I kidding? I'll most likely end up with both

Another vote for Daim Blondl. The leather note in BV didn't really emerge for me. It's a little too well-behaved for me (and I like my leathers well-behaved)!
    Facebook group: Perfume Lovers in Singapore, Unite! (You don't have to be in Singapore to join.)

Perhaps you need both.

They are similar. The main difference is that Daim Blond has that distinct apricot note to it that adheres to the leather. Bottega Veneta has plum instead. Daim Blond is spicier, whereas BV has a blast of citrus when it opens -- hence lighter.

BV for summer, Daim Blond for fall/winter. Personally, I'd go with Daim Blond.