Code of Conduct

Default Just paid a lot for "Carrington" cologne - what will it smell like? what did it cost in the 80s?

http://www.google.com/search?q=carri...ington+cologne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f3-BHOGY_g

It's out of stock now so it costs a ton of money. I saw it on Ebay and decided to blind buy a bottle.

Does anyone know what this smells like? How much was a bottle back in the 80s when they mad eit?

Default Re: Just paid a lot for "Carrington" cologne - what will it smell like? what did it cost in the 80s?

This ad is soooo great!

Default Re: Just paid a lot for "Carrington" cologne - what will it smell like? what did it cost in the 80s?

The only thing I remember about this is that it had a very synthetic feel to it and smelled like the outdoors or more appropriately being on a beach.

Oh my God! I remember that commercial.

I think I remember it too.
    Last edited by Cerel9; 20th November 2011 at 12:10 PM.

Watch how Blake applies it - is that what you guys do?

apparently even back then it was an old mans' cologne.

I have nearly an ounce of it, which is the most I'll likely ever need, if I decide to wear it again! It's like a cross between Azzaro PH, Kouros, and perhaps another frag of that era. A bit on the harsh/crude side for my liking, but I'll keep an open mind with it.

They used to sell it at KMart so it's probably going to be synthetic.
    Last edited by Cerel9; 20th November 2011 at 12:11 PM.

I'd much prefer a Ewing (not Bobby Ewing though).

Talking Re: Just paid a lot for "Carrington" cologne - what will it smell like? what did it cost in the 80s?

It smells awsome and I loved it in the 80"s and still do.. every time I smell a guy wearing it it turns my eyes green!! Love it!! Back in the 80's it only cost 79.99 for 3.5 oz thats when I got me some and I still have it to this day, just every once in awhile letting my guy wear it on a night out; just the 2 of us!

Added another bottle of this to my stockpile! One of my all time favs from the 80's!

P.S. I certainly don't recommend applying it like Blake does in the commercial though!

Dependent

Pyramid (c/o Fragrantica) sounds good, very 1984.

Top notes: lemon, bergamot, lavender, basil and anise. Heart: jasmine, geranium, carnation, ylang-ylang, ferns, patchouli, cedar and vetiver. Base: tonka bean, musk, vanilla, amber, heliotrope and moss.

There's also something out there called "Carrington Musk" . . . anyone tried it

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    Pyramid (c/o Fragrantica) sounds good, very 1984.

Top notes: lemon, bergamot, lavender, basil and anise. Heart: jasmine, geranium, carnation, ylang-ylang, ferns, patchouli, cedar and vetiver. Base: tonka bean, musk, vanilla, amber, heliotrope and moss.

There's also something out there called "Carrington Musk" . . . anyone tried it
    Never tried Carrington Musk. I didn't even know about it until I started searching for the original Carrington. Seems like CM is harder to come by.

I've got an extra bottle of this one for those interested. I don't know if I've ever seen CM and I agree that it seems very rare now.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    I've got an extra bottle of this one for those interested. I don't know if I've ever seen CM and I agree that it seems very rare now.
    How sweet is it Bigsly? Jasmine, ylang, tonka, vanilla, amber, heliotrope...

I don't remember it as having more than a very small amount of sweetness. I guess it's a kind of woody/"dirty" oriental when you get a couple hours into it, or less. The patchouli is obvious, but otherwise the other thing is that the ingredient quality may not be up to the same level as the best of that era.

Dependent

Thanks.