Code of Conduct

Default Has anyone tried David Beckham Homme?

David Beckham Homme was developed by perfumer Pierre Negrin; the notes include citrus, ginger, Szechuan pepper, cashmere wood, leather, rosemary, mahogany wood, patchouli and musk.

I just bought the body spray as it was on offer and wondered what others thought of it.

Default Re: Has anyone tried David Beckham Homme?

Not memorable IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried couple David Beckhams in the past and IMO they were very scary, I have not yet tried the new one, and actually I am not planning to that makes me a narrow minded person, I am afraid....
    Last edited by Bonoanimoes; 14th November 2011 at 04:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll never touch a fragrance that has that idiots name on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Use search please.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/284...eAid-had-a-try...............
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/280...-Beckham-Homme
    I've heard some compare it to Terre d'Hermes and Bvlgari Man.

It is a drab and mediocre offering.
    Beckham Homme indeed.
    All of his scents have poor staying power.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    I've heard some compare it to Terre d'Hermes and Bvlgari Man.

I smelled it. My impression of it was that seems to be a lighter, fresher version of Bang

Post Thanks / Like

For a man who wears decent colognes already, I find it silly that he would pretend to make one worth anything. We all know he is going to keep wearing his Creeds. Just another marketing deal.

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    Well I only bought the body spray for £1.49

Disregarding the actual scent, I felt transported to being thirteen again while wearing it. I've not worn something like this for so long that it took me straight back to the school changing rooms after having done P.E on a wet and cold November morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Today I tested it and I can't believe how good it is. I'm sure those who find this fragrance to be nothing special didn't try it thoroughly or didn't wear it. Maybe because of the name of the brand? As for me the one thing I believe is my nose and David Beckham Homme is an extemely, EXTREMELY good cologne.

To me it is closer to Dior Fahrenheit, but it also echoes Marc Jacobs Bang, Bvlgari Man, Chopard Noble Vetiver etc. It is like a quintessence of all the best in a mens perfumery. The fragrance starts off with a pinch of pepper from Bang on a citrusy vetivery base from Bvlgari Man. Than vetiver is enhancing reminding that in Chopard Noble Vetiver with a smoky woody background. Finally I feel a touch of leather with a typical of Fahrenheit green bitter note, and that's why the scent smells on my skin like a peppery and less floral variation of Fahrenheit.

For its price David Beckham Homme is a true masterpiece. The longevity is very good, the sillage is average.

If I bought a cheap drug store type fragrance it would be Preferred Stock only because I used to rock that in the 5th grade.

The Beckham scents are generally quite good. A cut above many of the designer offerings these days, in fact.

It's odd why people would automatically discount a scent based on the name on the bottle. The perfumer that's making the scent is still trying to make something interesting and good - I'm sure they don't want to put their name on a composition that is truly uninspired. Granted, limited budgets and other pressures force their hand a bit but I've heard many perfumers say they enjoy the challenge of having such creative boundaries.

At the end of the day a brand commissioned a perfumer to make something that smells nice (and perhaps, if we're lucky, interesting) and this particular composition just happened to get Beckham slapped on the bottle instead of Calvin Klein or Chopard or Michael Kors or Gucci (or Hermes or Cartier, for that matter).

Truth be told, it's a pretty nice fragrance that does indeed (No, not kidding you dollars&scents) have facets of Bvlgari Man, TdH, and Chopard Noble Vetiver in its composition. Perhaps some of Bang, too. Given how many people around here love big doses of iso e super, I bet this would get a pretty good reception here if it didn't happen to have the Beckham name associated with it.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Very good scent. Very distinctive, classy and masculin. Longevity really good.
    If, instead of Beckham's name would be called the name Hermes, or Dior, the most snobs here would be delighted...

Blind bought this based on the price (steal). Safe, versatile and 2 hours on skin it hasn't turned to trash though it's very linear. Thumps up!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    +1.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not being a "snob". I have plenty of designer, and some "celebrity" scents. I've no problem with owning celebrity scents. I do have a problem with giving a penny of my money to David Beckham.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, only infrequently and sparsely, on testers. No bad experience with it, but nothing stunning (at least to my nose) either. In some ways, it reminded be of some of the Hugo Boss scents, though not their more outstanding, better crafted ones.

CologneFan85

I liked it

Never tried it. I have Signature. It's pretty good.

I know a lot of celebrity colognes have a negative outlook, but the main thing is if you like the scent or not. Test it, if you like it, then get it.

The top notes are citrus, ginger, pine, pepper. Heavy notes are cashmere wood, leather, rosemary. Bass notes are Mahogany wood, patchouli, skin musk.

It is labeled under Cody, who brands Coolwaters, addidas, etc. So I wouldn't disregard them as another alcohol filled scent.

This article talks a little bit more about this cologne.
    http://deviceraters.com/david-beckham-homme/

I like it btw.

I like Beckhams cheap colognes. I gladly buy them.homme is very nice and signature for him even nicer .i havet to try them all bit i dont like classic kind of restroom SOAP.

Skickat frċn min Trooper_X40

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I was surprised how good Instinct was. I laughed out loud when I first sniffed it on Target. It was like the gods of fragrance had played some kind of practical joke on the entire luxury world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I've tried a lot from the Beckham house. Pretty much everything released before 2011, and even a couple newer ones. Intimately Beckham is easily my favorite, although longevity isn't very good. I also own a bottle of this one Beckham Homme, which I do enjoy, but it's nothing amazing. It reminds me of a toned down, less sharp TdH, the orange note isn't as good either.

Instinct Intense was really good too, but very poor longevity. Discontinued now and priced higher.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

New Member Highpriestofdarkness's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have tried 2 david beckham frags in the past in asda and all I can say is AVOID. I am not sure which ones I tried now but these was real bad what I did headache inducing and chep smelling synthetic rubbish. I am not a snob and am not saying all celebrity fragrances are rubbish but I must say the majority that I have smelled are just bad, linear and cheap smelling with no longevity. Of course this does not mean all are but I would always test celebrity frags before buying and I blind buy a lot of what I buy

New Member Highpriestofdarkness's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't agree more I do not tend to like celebrity fragrances but as you say if you like it always get it. After all no one but you is wearing it

Post Thanks / Like

This to me as well!

The smell alone is ok but that's the only positive thing about it for me.
    It is first of all way too light with hardly any projection and secondly, after 1.5 hour it is vanished completely!
    Not worth the money at all imo!

Quote Originally Posted by nightcutter View Post
    It is a drab and mediocre offering.
    Beckham Homme indeed.
    All of his scents have poor staying power.
    My Top 10 : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Solo (Absoluto)
    - Chanel: Antaeus
    - Chanel: Egoïste
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Amouage: Jubilation XXV
    - Dior: Homme Intense
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)