Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Re: Viktor & Rolf SPICEBOMB

Soapy you say? Is it that kind of plasticky soapiness that is prevalent in so many other scents done by Olivier Polge, especially F Black by Ferragamo, Dior Homme (sort of), Kenzo Power, etc?

Sampled it yesterday. Smells a lot like Tea for Two

Today was my first full wearing Spicebomb which I thought it would be a hardy spice scent like Costume National Homme. Instead I found a scent that has shades of Tobacco Vanille's tobacco note. The saffron adds a sweetness but nowhere to the heady volume of Tobacco Vanille vanilla. It does have that spicy semi sweet oriental notes found in Joop and Bogart Homme that I also feel that Flowerbomb carries.

The projection and longevity does rival Antidote with its sweet spicy tobacco sillage that stays at a arms length near you. I would say this is more of a fall wintern scent and if successful I could see flankers in the future like VR does for Flowerbomb ....and Instense Spicebomb.

Over all like it and it makes move available to the masses a lighter version of Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille.

Default Spicebomb.....really?!?!?!? Smells more like Flowerbomb with spice added.....

I tried this today @ Nordstroms....Way TOO feminine in the drydown for my taste.....Is there no company out there that is creating true masculine scents? It would seem NOT!!! I did try Molton Brown's Singosari recently and that fragrance IS a true spice scent....Oddly enough it is marketed as unisex....but I can't really see a woman wearing it....Unless of course it is Chaz Bono!

Default Re: Spicebomb.....really?!?!?!? Smells more like Flowerbomb with spice added.....

To be fair, Flowerbomb always smelled as gourmand as it did floral for me.

Default Re: Spicebomb.....really?!?!?!? Smells more like Flowerbomb with spice added.....

Despite having bought a bottle I have yet to open it as I have plenty of samples to give me time to decide whether I like it or not. That said, Nordstrom has an awesome return policy and will take it back if you buy it, open it, and then decide you don't like it.

Thankfully, I won't need to do that as I like it.

This is the first designer fragrance I've ever liked, and I don't just like it I'm flat out head over heels for the stuff. tbh I was quite annoyed with all the hype on here but once I tried it I was sold on it. I honestly think it will be talked about for a long time to come.

That said, I think Spicebomb is a wildly inaccurate name. It's a kind of ethereal tobacco floral candy aldehyde powder mixture of what seems like a complete kaleidoscope of ingredients. Aside from the tobacco, none of that aforementioned description should appeal to a wacky niche head like myself but somehow it all congeals into an amazing scent that I find myself craving to smell.

I'm certain all the hype around it will lead to lots of exceedingly high expectations that will result in plenty of letdowns, threads about it being overrated, etc - but I still think it is deserving of its current praise. It's a magnificent fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by flouris View Post
    It's a kind of ethereal tobacco floral candy aldehyde powder mixture of what seems like a complete kaleidoscope of ingredients.
    Hmm I've bypassed Spicebomb while shopping at Nordies a few times but now you've intrigued me and I have to try it.

TWB If Spicebomb dries down too feminine why can't you see a woman wearing it?

Quote Originally Posted by flouris View Post

That said, I think Spicebomb is a wildly inaccurate name. It's a kind of ethereal tobacco floral candy aldehyde powder mixture of what seems like a complete kaleidoscope of ingredients. Aside from the tobacco, none of that aforementioned description should appeal to a wacky niche head like myself but somehow it all congeals into an amazing scent that I find myself craving to smell.
    I agree with you hare. I think the name leads to expectations of a very spicy scent and to my nose it is not. On that other site I said in my review that, "Soapy, clean, a bit feminine and a nice scent for a young man that does not want to offend anyone and maybe attract the young ladies...who may want to steal his scent to wear themselves."

This scent is the bomb! (a good thing) But to my nose certainly not a spice bomb. There are other fragrances with a lot more spice used as a central note than this one. An unfortunate choice in name only but a lovely unisex scent.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

I hate you all. Just had to buy this off ebay now.

I´ve read that Spicebomb is like Dior Homme with tobacco instead of iris. It´s true?
    - A lot of people thinks that they live when the only thing they do is simply exist.

I bought myself a bottle on Tuesday, this juice is great. I think it's a unisex frag. Anyone can pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Renard View Post

TWB If Spicebomb dries down too feminine why can't you see a woman wearing it?
    I think a woman certainly could wear Spicebomb.....I was referring to the Molton Brown scent which I believe to be more masculine than feminine, but is marketed as unisex....

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Today was my first full wearing Spicebomb which I thought it would be a hardy spice scent like Costume National Homme. Instead I found a scent that has shades of Tobacco Vanille's tobacco note. The saffron adds a sweetness but nowhere to the heady volume of Tobacco Vanille vanilla. It does have that spicy semi sweet oriental notes found in Joop and Bogart Homme that I also feel that Flowerbomb carries.

The projection and longevity does rival Antidote with its sweet spicy tobacco sillage that stays at a arms length near you. I would say this is more of a fall wintern scent and if successful I could see flankers in the future like VR does for Flowerbomb ....and Instense Spicebomb.

Over all like it and it makes move available to the masses a lighter version of Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille.
    Pleased to see I'm not the only one to witness similarities with TFTV, probably the only reason I want purchase spicebomb

^Large Similarities to TFTV, but much fresher, more floral, powdery clean, and lighter. I get so many comparisons to aspects of certain scents I liked (including several rather high end scents), that despite this one having too much sweetness (as did TFTV), and "fake sueded fruit like Paco 1 Million", I'm really liking the contrast between chilly/fresh floral'fruity background and a spiced sweet pipe tobacco foreground.

After the rush of fresh-ground, electric, oily peppercorns and acetal "Grapefruit", I get strong bits of:

Paco Rabanne 1 Million
    Bois D'Orage / French Lover
    Invasion Barbare
    Tobacco Vanille
    Royal Oud

In that order.

And then there is a certain quiet wet, clean note in the background, hinting at melons and the dual texture of wet flower petals (microspopic fuzz with cool wet dew and a waxy nuance). maybe some methylbenzodioxepinone and butylphenyl methylpropianol ? Unthinkable for things so aquatic and floral in a scent called spicebomb ? I think not. Polge is making me like this scent despite it being far too sweet and femme to bear it's own title.

Quote Originally Posted by dollars&scents View Post
    tacky copy - shirtless model biting the pin ...
    The ad is a take-off of the original women's Flowerbomb. I just think it's a clever take on the "bomb" theme of both products. (I am interested in how the tobacco is presented.)

http://www.nstperfume.com/2005/07/22...lf-flowerbomb/
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Tried it today: Spicebomb starts off spicy. Then it turns into a mixture of mostly B*Men and a little 1 Million, with added cinnamon. It ends up as incensy leather, and I don't like leather scents so it's not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    I think a woman certainly could wear Spicebomb.....I was referring to the Molton Brown scent which I believe to be more masculine than feminine, but is marketed as unisex....
    I agree that it's a unisex. I love this stuff. A FB for me!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I agree that it's a unisex. I love this stuff. A FB for me!
    I've gotta agree! This stuff is WONDERFUL...it's got the apple pie vibe, I get that...but it fades after a while and it's kinda leathery, kinda manly when all is said and done!

It`s the best designer release for a very long time. Jaques Polge.. Why didn`t you came up with something like this instead of the boring Bleu?

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    It`s the best designer release for a very long time. Jaques Polge.. Why didn`t you came up with something like this instead of the boring Bleu?
    ^^^This!

What an enticing ad for this new launch!

If no one has posted this yet:

fbw
    awesomesauce la nuit can gtfo now

I tried this today. Not really impressed at all. Like a very light take on Tobacco Vanille, with a cheap, VERY synthetic rubbery smell too. Pretty weak lasting power.

I have no idea why so many people are excited by this.

Ok just got a few samples at Nordstroms.

This is just 90% Loccitane Eau de Baux with 10% Bogart pour Homme mixed in. Pretty much exactly what i thought it would smell like. Good but i will pass on it.

""""""methylbenzodioxepinone and butylphenyl methylpropianol ?""""""""""

^^^^Is this real.....do you really know what these chemicals smell like,,, and if you do, how did you find out????

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Perhaps a Polge must sow his wild notes elsewhere before settling down to marry Coco!

I Love this.....I will purchase this next week!!!
    Gary

Sadly, more of a shit bomb than spice bomb!

Very banal.
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Quote Originally Posted by graffham View Post

Very banal.
    That's the great thing about America...you're entitled to be wrong. :-P

Got samples of this from Nordstrom today. The overall feel of it reminds me distinctly of Gucci pour Homme II, minus the black tea note. Not terrible, but not exciting either.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by spcmiller View Post
    That's the great thing about America...you're entitled to be wrong. :-P
    LOL

Actually, its a good thing we've got a fair number of folks who are unimpressed, and others who really don't like it. It would be very bad if this stuff got a reputation for being a *total* hype machine.

In some ways, I see it as following ground that was well broken by Kenzo Power, Dior Homme, Dior Homme Intense, and the A*Men series. A candy-apple tobacco scent is much easier to throw straight over the plate after all those curve-balls.

Wow if this is sweet with tabacco scent then I am all over it. Yum.

For lovers of tobacco, I want to propose trying the L'Occitane Immortelle de Corse. It has a great tobacco vibe!

Loving the Spicebomb!

Smelled this at Nordstroms today. It was the quickest buy I've ever made in my life. I didnt think twice about it. It took me .5 seconds between smelling it, grabbing it, and walking to the counter to buy it.

Fellas, this is a WINNER. There is a little bit La Nuit de L'homme, a little bit of 1 million, a little bit of Tobacco Vanille in this. Simply AMAZING. One of the sexiest scents Ive ever smelled.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    Smelled this at Nordstroms today. It was the quickest buy I've ever made in my life. I didnt think twice about it. It took me .5 seconds between smelling it, grabbing it, and walking to the counter to buy it.

Fellas, this is a WINNER. There is a little bit La Nuit de L'homme, a little bit of 1 million, a little bit of Tobacco Vanille in this. Simply AMAZING. One of the sexiest scents Ive ever smelled.
    Yes, it's great, isn't it? Winning in every way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    For lovers of tobacco, I want to propose trying the L'Occitane Immortelle de Corse. It has a great tobacco vibe!

Loving the Spicebomb!
    Cool! I needed an excuse to go into L'Occitane.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post

Glad you liked it, Jonny. I would have been really shocked if you didn't. This stuff just seemed right up your alley! And I agree on the sexy part.

I've tried this on paper, but not on skin. But after all the rave reviews, I'll spitz some on my wrist later today.

How does it compare to Caravelle Epicee or Noir Epices in terms of "spice".

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by Sol invictus View Post
    I've tried this on paper, but not on skin. But after all the rave reviews, I'll spritz some on my wrist later today.
    update: went in to try it & they were handing out free samples of it, so i've ended up with a 1.5ml spray vial :-)

Does anyone else think this has a similar vibe to Gucci PH II?

I get the "similar vibe to GPHII" because they both have that tobacco with sweetness thing going on. Spicebomb projection and longevity is on another level though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    How does it compare to Caravelle Epicee or Noir Epices in terms of "spice".
    Noir Epices is much more transparent, IMO. Spicebomb has a dose of candy and fruit that makes it feel more young and trendy than Noir Epices - which I also think is a wonderful fragrance, but more formal.

The fine finish of the spices in Noir Epices is just a bit obscured in Spicebomb. If that's the part of NE that you love, you may find Spicebomb less thrilling.

You have me wanting to break out my Noir Epices now!!!

Thanks RP.

for swap/sale:

^I've smelled many aromachemicals in their isolated state and can identify them rather quickly upon testing a given scent. Spice bomb has a very thorough, nuanced, and thoughtful construction. It's composition is far more intriguing and complex than most niche scents.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    ^Large Similarities to TFTV, but much fresher, more floral, powdery clean, and lighter. I get so many comparisons to aspects of certain scents I liked (including several rather high end scents), that despite this one having too much sweetness (as did TFTV), and "fake sueded fruit like Paco 1 Million", I'm really liking the contrast between chilly/fresh floral'fruity background and a spiced sweet pipe tobacco foreground.

After the rush of fresh-ground, electric, oily peppercorns and acetal "Grapefruit", I get strong bits of:

Paco Rabanne 1 Million
    Bois D'Orage / French Lover
    Invasion Barbare
    Tobacco Vanille
    Royal Oud

In that order.

And then there is a certain quiet wet, clean note in the background, hinting at melons and the dual texture of wet flower petals (microspopic fuzz with cool wet dew and a waxy nuance). maybe some methylbenzodioxepinone and butylphenyl methylpropianol ? Unthinkable for things so aquatic and floral in a scent called spicebomb ? I think not. Polge is making me like this scent despite it being far too sweet and femme to bear it's own title.
    I finally got the warm, wet, slick floral/wood similarity to Egoiste. It's there under the cool powdery sheen. Also puckish up more if the green Vetiver note and strong soapy musks which gave me the impression of Original Vetiver, when sniffed in conjunction with the baies rose peppercorns. Yet another similarity that has driven me to really really like spicebomb alot, is that the last gasp of the drydown, after almost all the tobacco Vanille similarity has gone, is a dry-woody/sweet-tonka/powdery-floral/piney/musk remnant that is actually sonewhat reminiscent of the last gasp of overapplied Windsor.

From the bitter citric/peppercorn top to the clean floral/spicy heart, to the long lasting pipe tobacco stage, and finally a pleasant woody-floral-musk exit...it's actually reminding me of the acidic/textural progression and texture of Amouage Ciel Man.

Despite it betraying it's name, and despite disliking the cheap Paco 1 million fruit/suede notes..... I'm sold....strongly.

i tried spicebomb yesterday and i have to say this is the best designer release in awhile. Its well done and it is going to probably be my next buy. I love tobacco and cinnamon and this is that in a well done way. I think this is one of Olivier Polge's best creations and this is definetly a well blended great scent in my opinion, I was blown away when i smelt it.

On a side note i tried Mitsouko from Guerlain yesterday and shit that stuff is good.

Just joining the chorus of positive opinions on this. I went in expecting to be underwhelmed, given the hype around this one, but was left very impressed with the fragrance. Going to give it a second wearing today but this one is looking like a purchase for me.

Said it in the other thread, saying it in this one. This fragrance is a masterpiece. Unfortunately with its intoxicating scent and the way its being marketed in Nordstroms, it will become the next big thing very quickly.

This juice is amazing on me, a recommended try from me.

I'm trying this again this morning. Sadly, while I appreciate the spice and warm tobacco-like notes, everything is doused in an cheap, cloying sweetness. It reminds me of the experience (not the literal scent) of being attacked by A&F Fierce when anywhere near that store in a mall. Not a pleasant experience. I'm surprised this comes from the same nose that created the constantly intriguing and satisfying Dior Homme. What I keep thinking as I wear Spicebomb is that Egoiste achieves the warm, spicy (cinnamon, mainly), sweet effect with so much more sophistication, depth, and naturalness. Of course Egoiste is far from being a new, heavily-marketed scent. I only hope that, if nothing else, Spicebomb introduces a new generation to the neglected spicy/warm category, because maybe then Egoiste will be rediscovered.

Curiosity rising. Not worried about the unisexness but the silly bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by moore View Post
    Have you done the game I told you??? I was thinking about it, wich can turn into a "Trick-or-sample"- game, huh?
    please remind me of what you speak.

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Ok just got a few samples at Nordstroms.

This is just 90% Loccitane Eau de Baux with 10% Bogart pour Homme mixed in. Pretty much exactly what i thought it would smell like. Good but i will pass on it.
    Dang it, you beat me to the punch.

I sampled this the other day and L'Occitane's Eau de Baux is exactly what came to my mind. I still like it, but it seems quite close. I do feel that Spicebomb radiates better.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Quote Originally Posted by graffham View Post

Very banal.
    If this was labelled an EDP, you wouldn't be saying that
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I think this may be the "next big thing" fragrance. I hope it`s a new trend we will see more of now, that the designer-companies are taking a new direction moving away from the acqua / sport / citrus stuff. Wish dream! :-)

^^I see. They had a big jar but it was empty so an SA had to go get some some. He acted like it pained him to do so.

Oops.
    Last edited by DULLAH; 26th February 2012 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    ^^I see. They had a big jar but it was empty so an SA had to go get some some. He acted like it pained him to do so.
    For a brief second I thought you meant the giant Spicebomb factice bottle being filled with samples like a tub of candy. I saw that factice and wanted a 180-200ml spray of Spicebomb

A giant grenade would be great. They did have a 3 gallon candy jar which was empty. Im sure people people probably grabbed 20 samples at a time when it was full.
    I am getting the floral and calone on top now. Its like 2% MI mixed in. Good but not different enough for a buy. Really well thought out and marketed fragrance. I heard people in Sephora asking the SAs if they had it in stock yesterday. Should be a big hit.(When will the backlash start on here???)

Insane how this is already being scalped on ebay.
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...All-Categories

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Soapy you say? Is it that kind of plasticky soapiness that is prevalent in so many other scents done by Olivier Polge, especially F Black by Ferragamo, Dior Homme (sort of), Kenzo Power, etc?
    Imagine the powdery clean soapiness of Dior homme, with the white musk soapiness of Creed's Original Vetiver. I think the cool, clean notes in SpiceBomb are a wonderful contrast. I just wish the fruit and sweetness were slightly less. The chilly soapiness is perfect...never too much.