Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Re: Viktor & Rolf SPICEBOMB

I don't think it will make much of a difference but it is pushing designer frgrances up a bit.

US pricing -

Dior Homme and Sport 50ml = $57; 100ml = $76
    Chanel Bleu & AHSE 50ml = $62; 100ml = $84

Spicebomb 50ml = $75; 90ml = $95

Quote Originally Posted by dmarino67 View Post
    I don't think it will make much of a difference but it is pushing designer frgrances up a bit.

US pricing -

I never thought of that, but that's interesting. Do you think this is just reflective of the economy as it stands, or there are some fragrances that come out, and because they cost more and are popular, that others follow suit? Is this at a distributor level or retail level? I'm intrigued.

I don't know. V&R just might be pricier in general. I think Antidote was priced higher than the competition when it came out. I was just surprised a little at $75 for 50ml.

Pricey or not, I rarely see a line for any cologne here in Vegas especially at Nordstroms. Fashion show mall has some crazy good shopping and others Barny's etc nearby as well. Rare to see more than 1-2 guys browsing in Nordstroms fragrances, the line freaked me out lol. I was 5th in line.... didn't look like they would run out soon there were a good 30 bottles just on the display stand.

Either it was a weird coincidence or this sucker is going to be popular. Also combine that with the fact of all the watery smell of nothing releases the second half of 2011 maybe of designer frags? Not sure but really? a line? lol.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    I don't think price will deter many buyers, since.both Le Male and 1 Million aren't much cheaper and still regularly fly off the shelves in most stores. Will be curious to see just how popular this ends up being.
    This is exactly what im thinking. Here in Canada, there almost the same price. I bought my bottle for $95 and I noticed the other day JPG Le Male was $98. Thats insane, I'd buy spicebomb before Le Male.

US pricing -

And imo Spicebomb is better then all 4 of those choice, barely passing DH if its vintage.

I don't know. V&R just might be pricier in general. I think Antidote was priced higher than the competition when it came out. I was just surprised a little at $75 for 50ml.
    True, but you do get your monies worth, Antidote was worth it for $75. Its complex and non linear imo

For the record, Nordstrom in the US is having a gift with purchase of the $95 100ml of Spicebomb:

A .5 oz of the aftershave balm.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    For the record, Nordstrom in the US is having a gift with purchase of the $95 100ml of Spicebomb:

Yep, this is true, but i didn't care for it, as I do have sensitive skin. I only use a specific balm :P

Duplicate post...

I haven't tried it yet so I can't comment on whether I think it's worth the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post

And imo Spicebomb is better then all 4 of those choice, barely passing DH if its vintage.

Yeah, I got a couple of those deluxe sample kits when I ordered mine, and I think there'll be another when my bottle arrives. I have to say, I really like the aftershave balm and the shower gel. They are both really nice, and the aftershave didn't irritate my skin like so many of the cologne-based ones do!

I just got it! To my nose, I smell a mix of Pure Malt and La Nuit...I think Reckoner is right on the money (minus the headache part, at least not yet ). I'm really liking it so far. It has a little bit of a bubblegum smell but I like it much better than 1 million.
    sb[]p

Quote Originally Posted by Spongebob[]pants View Post
    I just got it! To my nose, I smell a mix of Pure Malt and La Nuit...I think Reckoner is right on the money (minus the headache part, at least not yet ). I'm really liking it so far. It has a little bit of a bubblegum smell but I like it much better than 1 million.
    Congrats, enjoy it, because I know I am

If anybody bought this and doesn't like it, I'll trade my l'instant de gurlain pour homme extreme for it!

I'm really enjoying my sample of it and I may get a bottle. It's a really smooth scent that has a vanilla sweetness and a little added fruit. It kind of reminds me of the smell of gummy bears to be honest and it's very unique for a designer fragrance.

Got my bottle today. My oh my, this smells good. Very good. Initially I got a TV drydown vibe. But it's followed up by some freshness, the spice reminds me quite a lot of Burberry London. It's sort of a strange spring release, but I think the freshness of it can make it work very well in the hotter months as well.

This was a very, very, very pleasant surprise.

I smelled this one today and the drydown smells more like Killian - Amber Oud to me ???
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Banned

tried this again today...

my first thought? you gotta be kidding me.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

qualitatively, this is a $15 fragrance. no way I would pay $90 for this. that is absurd.

needless to say, i worry for the future of Viktor & Rolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

qualitatively, this is a $15 fragrance. no way I would pay $90 for this. that is absurd.

Really?

This smells very high quality to me. Reminds me of what I get out of Tom Ford only fresher and more versatile.
    "Low quality" is about as far away from what I'm smelling as I could possibly get.

Managed to test this in Selfridges today, unfortunately it doesn't go on sale until the 6th.

On first impression I like it, I can see a loose resemblence to Tobacco Vanille, but it reminds me of something else, but cannot for the life of my work out what!!

Will have to sample this one a few times I think...

I think one of the reasons why people think it's cheap smelling is because it's too sweet which I agree but in a positive way. I tend to find spicy fragrance too mature smelling for a 21 yr old which is why I tend to stay away from classic chanel and guerlain fragrances but the sweetness has a youthful vibe which I always welcome

Is any one getting a Burberry London feel from this fragrance also???

Don´t worry, they´re doing quite well.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

.....yeah, okay.......
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Just tried it and my 1st impression is that I like it. As far as the price goes, it's can be an endless discussion...to high, etc., it's all relative. There going for it with this one, huge ad campaign, the works. If they win this price probably won't seem that high anymore. If it's a flop, V & R has long road in front of them to bounce back.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler-durden View Post
    On first impression I like it, I can see a loose resemblence to Tobacco Vanille, but it reminds me of something else, but cannot for the life of my work out what!!
    I get aspects of the following here, but not in a bad way:

Ysl L'homme La Nuit
    1 Million
    Burberry London
    Tobacco Vanille
    L'Occitane's Eav De Bavx

It's still brilliant. Was going strong when I was done with work, but wanted to experience the topnotes again so fired off a few more sprays. The opening has some good grapefruit freshness going on I think.

I also get a few different smells throughout, it gives me some different aspects back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    Don´t worry, they´re doing quite well.
    I would think so. Isn't Flowerbomb a big hit? I still need to try Antidote, but never see it anywhere.
    Tom Ford Private Blend Splits Costa Azzurra / Mandarino Di Amalfi / Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

Anyone know where to find it in NYC? Nordstrom Rack doesnt carry it.....Bloomingdales maybe?
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    Anyone know where to find it in NYC? Nordstrom Rack doesnt carry it.....Bloomingdales maybe?
    No... Nordstrom Rack wont carry this. Go to a regular Nordstrom

Manager of men's fragrance at the Chicago Nordies told me they did $2500 worth of Spicebomb in the first week. At an average of...say...$85 per bottle, that's about 30 bottles. I'd say that's a pretty solid showing.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos10704 View Post
    If anybody bought this and doesn't like it, I'll trade my l'instant de gurlain pour homme extreme for it!
    I'm serious about this btw. My 95% bottle of l'instant de gurlain pour homme extreme w/box for a 3oz bottle of Spicebomb. PM me

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory88 View Post
    Manager of men's fragrance at the Chicago Nordies told me they did $2500 worth of Spicebomb in the first week. At an average of...say...$85 per bottle, that's about 30 bottles. I'd say that's a pretty solid showing.
    Impressive numbers

Pulled the pin on it today. Why not - it's very nice stuff, and if you're inclined to go for spicy frags, you'll like it. Best to get this now, and get in a few good wearings before it becomes THE ubiquitous scent of the season. Has good potential to be a smash hit. Reminds me quite a bit of Eaux de Baux. Well-priced for the quality, IMO.

Just a heads up to my fellow Canadians, its now available at The Bay. Official launch is tomorrow. 50ml is $75 and 100ml is $99.

Testing it right now, I'm quite dissapointed to be honest. How on earth can they call this Spicebomb, I love spicy fragrances but where's the spice in this one?! And where's the bomb? This stuff is really tame actually. It's really not that bad, but I think it's quite unremarkable.

It reminds me a little of Midnight in Paris, especially in the drydown, but although they share some similarities, I think MiP has just that little extra that makes it interesting enough for a purchase while Spicebomb lacks that. With Spicebomb sprayed on my one hand and Montale Red Aoud on my other right now there really is no doubt in the world which one has my preference...

For the second time today, I'm 8 hours into the drydown of this thing. For now, I'm a huge fan. This smells so nice. It sort of makes my London redundant though. Last far, far longer, smells better and is more interesting. It changes back and forth and the wiffs I get are different.

My collar smells fresher then my skin, I think some of the grapefruit is still going strong on the collar.

Bomb or not, this is spicy in the same way La Nuit or London is spicy. Not cummin spicy (thank god), but pepperish spicy?

I think, for the first time in a very, very long time, I might actually end up spraying this tomorow as well.
    This is really pushing my buttons at the moment.

Yeah the drydown is very nice and smooth

True it's not a well know brand, but they are advertising this like mad. As for the price, maybe it will but this is still farely cheap imo, $95 for the big bottle and $75-80 for the smaller one.
    "advertising like mad" makes me want to run the other way, fast.
    Pandering a decent modern scent that everybody will wear...at least Antidote flew under the radar, and is brilliant.

No... Nordstrom Rack wont carry this. Go to a regular Nordstrom
    The Rack won't have this as it's a recent and exclusive release. You can buy it online on Nordstrom's site with a free aftershave balm.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Pulled the pin on it today. Why not - it's very nice stuff, and if you're inclined to go for spicy frags, you'll like it. Best to get this now, and get in a few good wearings before it becomes THE ubiquitous scent of the season. Has good potential to be a smash hit. Reminds me quite a bit of Eaux de Baux. Well-priced for the quality, IMO.
    ROTFL! The bottle is shaped like a grenade and has a pin clasp in the shape of the company logo!

ROTFL! The bottle is shaped like a grenade and has a pin clasp in the shape of the company logo!
    Lmao,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Pulled the pin on it today. ...
    LOL!

mcg - you are da bomb!

Well, my local mall doesn't have it. Guess I'll have to track down a sample. This really rustles my jimmies.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

I actually wore it as my SOTD today and I'm going to have to take back my original praise for it. The sweetness that I thought was smooth and subtle actually turned out to be sickly and quite frankly nauseating. Thank goodness for samples!

Too sweet for my taste. I was going to buy a bottle based on the opening (I haven't bought a bottle in a while and just wanted to get it out of my system), but found I left my wallet at home. As it dried down, I realized it wasn't for me. I see the MiP comparison Daze makes, but with Spicebomb having the pronounced sweet bubblegum note.

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    the midtown bloomingdales has had it for over 2 weeks now

Got myself a bottle this week and loving it.
    People around me like it as well, so so far so good!

Tried it again today. This time it smelled much more like One Million with a sugary vanilla drydown. Perhaps it's had a reformulation already!

tried this today...

this pretty much comes down to: are you a designer frag wearer or a niche frag wearer?

if you (or your budget) is designer heavy, go ahead. it is a pleasant enough fragrance.

if you are a niche person, there is so much out there that trounces this. I own Royal Oud and Tobacco Vanille, and buying this would be a complete waste. in the opening it has a cheap version of the spices in Royal Oud. as it dries down, it dries down to a cheap Tobacco Vanille.

and, as with all designer frags, it gives me a headache something fierce. ChemicalBomb?

the only good that has come of me testing this is that I'm going to try layering Tobacco Vanille with Royal Oud and see if I can make a "Spicebomb" that doesn't scream "I BOUGHT THIS AT MACY'S!!!"
    actually no not really, ive tried tobacco vanille and love it and although TB quality is obvi better spicebomb is still a very good quality fragrance, something new in the designer game, theres plenty of people who buy niche but also buy designer u dont have to stick with one or the other....

I think ill be buying a bottle soon this stuff is great! Love how some people are bashing this because its one of the most talked about fragrances at the moment.

Is this staying as a Harrods exclusive in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Is this staying as a Harrods exclusive in the UK?
    I think it goes on general release on march 7th in the UK. And I'm hoping it does. Really want to try this out!

Initially it smelled like a mix between La Nuit De L'Homme and 1 Million. Then after 30 min it smelled very very similar to Tobacco Vanille. Oddly enough it went back to smelling like 1 Million with the sweet bubble gum smell. On paper it seems to smell almost exclusively like 1 Million.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Initially it smelled like a mix between La Nuit De L'Homme and 1 Million. Then after 30 min it smelled very very similar to Tobacco Vanille. Oddly enough it went back to smelling like 1 Million with the sweet bubble gum smell. On paper it seems to smell almost exclusively like 1 Million.
    I see the 1 million, but it smells very, very different on my skin then 1 million on it's own... it has the aspects of 1 million that I like, the stuff I like from London and what I like from La Nuit. The TV drydown similiarity is true, but this has the "freshness" from 1 million that makes it a lot easier to use then TV I think.

I did get the "plum" vibe from this that I also sometimes get from Tv.

Hey guys, I haven't tried this yet. How does it compare to Opium by YSL?

Ok so now I'm getting a big Pure Havane vibe out of Spicebomb. It's a chameleon fragrance! Also the longevity is pretty sucky. It started off heavy for the first hour and then it died down close to the skin and at the 3 hour mark it's just hanging in there. Anybody else getting bad longevity?
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

I concur, the longevity is super weak on this the more I wear it - the only drawback.

i get above average longevity at around 8 hours but sillage is below average after 3 hrs. It seems to project very well during the first 2 hours then it significantly dies down. That could be a good thing because I plan to abuse this in summer but I do wish that it'd project just a little bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat2112 View Post
    I think it goes on general release on march 7th in the UK. And I'm hoping it does. Really want to try this out!
    Thanks. Yeah I'm looking forward to trying it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmilk View Post
    Hey guys, I haven't tried this yet. How does it compare to Opium by YSL?
    Very different than Opium
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

mesa is right on with the 1 million comparison. Its close to 1 million and CK Shock. trying to get some of that 1 million money.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152