Code of Conduct

Default Any true apricot fragrances?

This post is inspired by my Jason Natural Cosmetics Body Wash in apricot. Does anyone know of a good apricot or maybe peach fragrance? Something simple, feminine, and sweet, but not sharp or sticky-sweet? I think the only apricot fragrance I've tried is CSP Vanille Abricot, and that's definitely not what I'm looking for.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Any true apricot fragrances?

I haven't tried this but Demeter has a peach fragrance:
    http://www.demeterfragrance.com/5808...nts/Peach.html

They also make Fuzzy Navel (Peach Schnapps, Vodka and Orange Juice): http://www.demeterfragrance.com/5808...zzy-Navel.html

B&BW used to sell Sparkling Peach-- maybe you can find it on eBay?

One peach that many seem to like is Keiko Mecheri Peau de Peche (http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detail.asp?itemid=16412) but I think it is not just a simple peach. Haven't smelled it.

Mitsouko has a peach note but is certainly not a simple peach.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 15th November 2011 at 01:56 AM.

That's a good question. I have never thought about peach in a perfume.

Blog Entries

People say osmanthus has an apricot note...great question, by the way. let me know if you find something...

*not a true apricot, but SL Daime Blonde is described as a dry apricot/suede

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

For apricot/peach, 31 rue cambon has a similar note, with just a touch of sweetness.

Peachy lactones have a long history in perfumes, from Mitsouko on. However, Mitsouko is not sweet.

cacio

I would love to have an answer for this, because a true apricot note is something I have always wanted to try/find. I haven't, however. I did go searching for a true peach and was not successful. The closest I got was the K Mecheri Peau de Peche, which *does* smell just like the skin of a peach for about 10 minutes before becoming, on me, sugary and sweet and no longer peachy (most of the KM scents do this on me, tho, I'm not sure if it's me or the frags themselves). I wonder if Chris Brosius would make a real apricot single note?

Btw, if anyone is interested, I did come across a frag that smells EXACTLY like those little mandarins you get wrapped in green tissue paper in boxes at Xmas. The L'Artisan frag 'Mandarine' - seriously, just like sticking your nose into one of those mandarin boxes.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

Les Plaisirs Nature Bergeron - Apricot Yves Rocher
    Beautiful and cheap.
    Only one downside - It does not last longer than 4 hours, if re applying it would not pose an issue, this one will be a wise choice.

Tommy Hilfiger's Dreaming offers a realistic white peach note without going into sugarland. Fresh's Fig Apricot is rather authentic, however the staying power is abysmal, but I think its worth reapplying.

I think Jo Malone's Nectarine Blossom & Honey opens with the smell of a just bitten into ripe peach.

Blog Entries

Lush's 1000 Kisses Deep is built around osmanthus, which has a lovely apricot/orange marmalade scent, along with labdanum & myrrh. lt's not too sticky-sweet, has fab sillage & longevity, & l find it perfect for these autumn days.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

w post sorry .
    Last edited by Mon-Petit; 15th November 2011 at 09:40 PM.

There is Iris gris by Jacques Fath (i'm talking about the vintage not the actual pee cat who's wearing the same name).
    It's amazing, i the same start as Iris silver mist (even stronger and finest iris root) followed by an intense peach note (due to lactone or something like that, not exactly natural). Not easily imaginable but one of the best and original iris i have ever smelled. If you have the chance to smell it or pass by Paris.

Btw my older bottle of Bois et fruits smells peachy and juicy nectarine.
    Last edited by Mon-Petit; 15th November 2011 at 09:38 PM.

mon-petit:

can you smell vintage iris gris anywhere in Paris? After reading Turin's review in his new book and yours here, it's becoming a holy grail. (given that, in addition, Turin has now downgraded Iris Silver Mist).

cacio

I would agree with the K Mecherie Peach. I smelled it on the weekend and it's a lovely peach with a hint of wood around the outside.

mon-petit:

can you smell vintage iris gris anywhere in Paris? After reading Turin's review in his new book and yours here, it's becoming a holy grail. (given that, in addition, Turin has now downgraded Iris Silver Mist).

cacio
    Yes you can smell it at Paris (in Versailles exactly) at the osmotheque, just take rendez-vous before or profit to go in one of their conferences but it's better to tell them before if want to smell something specific as they can prepare the flacons. You can sniff everything in the original formula AND in fresh condition, that's not often the case with vintage bottles even if they still smell good.
    I don't know about the Guide from LT but it don't suprise me if ISM has been reformulated recently, juste another one to add...
    Oh and yes Iris gris is fabulous (the paper touch smelled during weeks after) but the real iris holy grail i discovered there is Coty - La jacée, it's about iris too, even better than Apres l'ondée l'extrait and released before.
    Last edited by Mon-Petit; 15th November 2011 at 10:43 PM.

Mon petit
    thanks! I didn't know one could smell these things outside of special conferences. Too much to smell there ...

Re LT, incidentally, he reviews 4 reconstructions by l'osmotheque: Iris Gris, Chypre by Coty, Emeraude, and l'Origan.

cacio