Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dirty English?

Default Re: Dirty English?

Personally, I've only ever sampled, but never bought Dirty English - so take what I say with a pinch of salt.

I find it a very bland scent wrapped up in a provocative name. In my opinion, it's a poor man's Gucci PH1 - except without the clarity, projection, longevity or progression. As I already have PH1 I saw no need to buy DE, because I couldn't think of a time I would decide to wear it rather than PH. (That might just be a personality thing: I'd rather rotate between a few classic scents than own a cupboard full of cheapies.)

I also find an off note in DE. I know some read it as diesel, and some as dirt, and find it sexy and challenging, but to me, it shouldn't have been there. I guess the secret is how you associate this particular tone.

Everyone is different, and I have to say that some people love DE.

Default Re: I liked Dirty English, what is similar to it?

Holy thread necrophilia, Batman!

I wonder what the OP got for Christmas 2009 and 2010, and what he's asked for this year. . .

(And I'm guilty of giving it a further bump - aren't I a self-serving weasel?)

Wow, I did not know Dirty English was discontinued. It seems like just yesterday Nordstrom SAs were hawking this stuff to passerby! I like it. Maybe I will look for a bottle at TJ.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 16th November 2011 at 04:41 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

I like dirty english and I think it's distinct and interesting.

It's good.

It was super cheap at Perumania and I always fancied it, so I asked the girl at the counter when they'd get more in. She said they wouldn't b/c it was discontinued. I panicked and bought two 1 oz bottles and immediately went home and booted up the Mac for some Amazon shopping. I found a good price on the 3.4 oz bottle and when I received it I made an unbreakable blood promise that I would forever cherish it and never neglect it like I had Curve and Le Male, which I rarely wear anymore. I thought it would be gone from this earth entirely by now but it's still abundant apparently.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

I bought a 100ml backup for $19.95 from Marshall's today. Good enough to warrant a backup and the price was right.
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha
    Currently wearing: Cumming by Alan Cumming

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    I bought a 100ml backup for $19.95 from Marshall's today. Good enough to warrant a backup and the price was right.
    I'm seeing these, too. Probably one of the best steals at Marshall's right now. The $19.95 Rochas Man deals are also great, but that's gonna be around for a while. DE is slowly disappearing, from what I'm seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Wow, I did not know Dirty English was discontinued. It seems like just yesterday Nordstrom SAs were hawking this stuff to passerby! I like it. Maybe I will look for a bottle at TJ.
    Ditto! I like DE and the spice/leather notes.

Time to scour the discounters.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel
    Currently wearing: Rose Ambre by Fragonard

Market really lacks of Dirty English and Gucci Pour Homme I as both share the vibe and both discontinued. Shame, shame, shame. I wonder why is there a "problem" with that type of scents, they're not mainstream enough? Sweet enough? Ctric enough? God knows what enough?

Basenotes Member

I find this fragrance has very good sillage actually, maybe you didnt apply enough.

Blog Entries

Default Re: I liked Dirty English, what is similar to it?

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    You may be right. Maybe the initial blast causes quick fatigue, because I get the same effect as you. My wife can still smell it long after I cannot.
    Agreed. I love the scent, but hate the opening (the first 10 minutes or so kill my senses, but I love it after that). I can never smell it after I applied it, but ...

This is one of the few fragrances I've ever worn that has gotten compliments from strangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    Market really lacks of Dirty English and Gucci Pour Homme I as both share the vibe and both discontinued. Shame, shame, shame. I wonder why is there a "problem" with that type of scents, they're not mainstream enough?
    Couldn´t agree more.
    The Dreamer from Versace: what does this scent have that is so alluring and enticing towards the opposite sex ?