Code of Conduct

Default SotD: Thursday, 17th Nov., 2011

Good Morning,

Cuir Mauresque

Default Re: SotD: Thursday, 17th Nov., 2011

HANDS UP, GANDHAJELLYKNEES!!!

Here comes Tabac Blond! Clear the road, fellow!

^ he he he. And a belated happy birthday to Lulu: She would have been 105 on Monday.

Good morning to our early birds!
    Lovely photos guys.
    Cristobal for me today, whilst I do my voluntary work.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Sandalo - Lorenzo Villoresi (my goodness what a lovely Sandalwood)

I am 6 hours into it now and I am drowing in a bliss of oakmoss and sandalwood.

for swap/sale:

Dior Vetiver

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Azzaro Pour Homme

L'Artisan Bois Farine.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Gentlemen you smell wonderful !!

for me Five o'clock au gingembre is just right
    Vivre d’erreurs et de parfums.

Pour comprendre le bonheur, il faut le voir comme étant une récompense et jamais un but. (Antoine de St Exupéry).

Basenotes Plus

Good morning !. SotD is Parfums de Nicolai New York.

Douce Amere most of today. Testing Huitieme Art Aube Pashmina now. Maybe some Bois de Violette for bed.
    Facebook group: Perfume Lovers in Singapore, Unite! (You don't have to be in Singapore to join.)

Basenotes Plus

Guerlain Bois d'Armenie, such a lovely dry, floaty incense with an intriguing touch of the medicinal about it.

Notes include pink pepper, iris, rose, coriander, benzoin, Indonesian patchouli, incense, precious woods, musk and balsams

Wish you all a very good day!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Dana's 1973 Monsieur Musk this morning
    Last edited by kbe; 17th November 2011 at 11:19 AM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Afternoon all. Cuir de Lancome today.

Good morning. The world is shrouded in mist again, and I am in a gray dress and Reglisse Noire.

Thumbs up Re: SotD: Thursday, 17th Nov., 2011

V E T I V E R

SANTA MARIA NOVELLA
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

what great smells this morning, the women's thread is thus far rather manly today
    don't you love it when hedonist "drowns in bliss?"
    as for me, I had such a surprisingly good experience with no. 19 Poudre yesterday, that I am giving it another full wearing. I plan to drain this sample and see where it takes me.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Hello all. Jo Malone Vanille & Anise
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    what great smells this morning, the women's thread is thus far rather manly today
    don't you love it when hedonist "drowns in bliss?".
    Us men are doing the mating dance lol.
    And thanks

for swap/sale:

Good afternoon! Well we are off with a bang this morning! Woohoo.I see that Alfarom and Furriner have come to visit us today. Welcome boys!

This thread is the most fun and you know these girls have great taste in men!! All the most attractive ones come here!

Sampling Cajmere today, from a generous Basenotes friend.

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Yves Saint Laurent Opium pour Homme EDP.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Good morning everyone!

I'm heading off to the home visit to my mother's apartment with Mom, the OT, and the guy from the homecare agency in a few minutes, wearing Côté Bastide Tilleul layered over Zents Oolong.

Tilleul lends sweetness while Oolong provides a soapy edge and together they are energizing and cheerful (just what I need; I'm dragging a bit from sleep loss.)

After that I have a bunch of errands to run to prepare for the live-in caregiver, including buying a rollaway twin bed and a plastic chest of drawers, a DVD player so they have something to occupy themselves (Mom could never figure out how to operate her old DVD player, so when it broke we never replaced it), and other essentials.

I expect we will need to keep the caregiver on for at least 4 months-- and in case anyone else has to do this sort of thing for their parent and is wondering what it costs, the daily charge for the caregiver is $225, plus her board. Medicare does not cover any of that. This is the part where I bow down and give thanks that my parents lived frugally and saved their hard-earned money!

Plus freaking 3 F (-16C) here.

First things first -- it is terrible 30R, the price they charge. Hoping her services are worth it. You guys have had to go through so much this past couple of years, someone should give you a break somewhere any time soon, no? My heart goes out for you and your family. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Chanel Bwah dez Eel.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Tiptoeing back into fragrances after three days of none due to the sampling orgy last weekend, travel, sleep deprivation/replenishment, laundry catch-up and whatnot. What nicer way to restart the SotD habit than with Jo Malone's mild Mint Leaf -- from my new bottle from Saks! Definitely in the same arena as Nanadebary Green, Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia and Matsushima Mintea. I love this sort of spearmint sweetness.

30Roses, ugh. Glad your parents had the resources to defer some burden from your shoulders. Your Bourbon French package is in the mail. It's the least the "good daughter" deserves!

Hugs all around, my daily friends. Magazine and catalog projects backed up while I was gone, so I should get to work.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Sublime Vanille today. My friends are dragging me to Chicago for the weekend in an effort to help me shake off the blues. I do mean dragging, because the only thing I'd like to do is sit around in my pjs, watch movies and eat ice cream. At what point are you allowed to say "it's only been a week, leave me alone, I'm allowed to be sad!" and at what point is it time to bow to people's efforts to cheer you up?

I do know the only thing that's helping tempt me is the idea of treating myself to a bottle of perfume and much sampling.

30 Roses, I hope your mother gets well very soon!

elizrj, make sure you do whatever cheers you up, don't postpone, just do it!

I am going to deepen my acquaintanceof KusKus today.
    ''Do unto others 20% better than you'd expect them to do unto you to correct for subjective error.''
    (Linus Pauling)

www.aafke-art.com

30 Roses Sometimes, when life challenges us in the way that you are being challenged now, we have to find some pleasure in the challenge itself, otherwise our days become more difficult and hard to bear. Every day you sound as if you rise to your challenge with grace and dignity. Your mum is lucky to have such a caring daughter. Keep your chin up.

WOLFIE, the heck with it, caution to the wind and all that.......Bwah dez Eel for me this pm too!!

Blog Entries

Wearing DK Black Cashmere today (thanks to the thread someone bumped I am reminded that I have a little bottle) and I must say this scent is a close sister to BB Black Fleece, even the names are similar, so if you love the DK give the BB a sniff, they have it in the regular BB fragrance section. Even my DH (?!) asked me if I was wearing "Fleets" (he meant Fleece) perfume this morning. Now that is a true shocker because he was able to pick out the resemblance blind...and I have 100+ bottles.

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Basenotes Institution

I almost wore petruccijc's scent but at the last minute I decided to try my generous sample (thanks Kevin) of:

Azamour by Parfum d'Empire

A very realistic smell of orange zest, with all of the freshness strained out, and spices added. Subtle, intellectual and very unique - my curiosity is piqued.

((HUGS)) to 30 Roses and all those that need it.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Sotd.

my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Ah, I see the boys have gone all jellykneed again, as they tend to do over a certain someone's pictures

I'm in Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere today.

Good morning all...it's been a while.

Mondale's Woods & Spices (from a tester) and testing Yves Rocher's Vanille Noire (very synthetic...ugh)
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Wearing a it of Persian Garden, but I'm so stuffed up I can't really smell it.

(((Elizrj)))-you are allowed to feel sad for as long as it takes.You had a lot of years with your sweet one;it will take more than a week to recover.Your friends are just trying to do something-they know you're grieving and want to help.Be gentle with yourself.

30R,I'm praying you'll be sent an angel next week who will give you some peace of mind.Can you believe I still own one of those televisions with built in DVD-and it still works!?Probably only because it's in the bedroom,where we don't often watch movies.Hubs prefers the big screen in the man cave for that.

No.5 yet again-will be trying to force myself to sample something,anything,later on.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Basenotes Plus

Scent triplets with Wolfie and Foustie in BDI this evening. Third time in a row - unheard of for me as a rule. Better lay off after today as it isn't actually mine !.

Welcome back, Queen Q
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 17th November 2011 at 04:29 PM.

Wearing Hypnotic Poison today, weather is taking a cooler turn and I'm still dealing with a sinus infection, felt like something cuddly today.

(((Elizrj)))- take how ever long you need, it is so so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Ah, I see the boys have gone all jellykneed again, as they tend to do over a certain someone's pictures ...
    Guilty as charged

Elizrj - You've actually been in my thoughts the past few days. Getting away for the weekend sounds like a good idea, even if you don't really feel like it now. What lovely friends you must have.

After thoroughly enjoying Cuir Mauresque today (the animalic turn at the end always manages to catch me unawares), I'm rounding off this Thursday in the one-and-only Mitsouko (EdP).

Best to all.

SOTE: Serge Lutens Fille En Aiguilles

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Today, so far, it has been L'Instant Pour Homme for me. Great stuff! Now that it has worn off, guess I'll look in the closet at the bottles and see which one is calling out to me.

30 Roses, Hope the care-giver is a good one to ease your mind.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Big hugs to you, elizrj!

((Quarry)), you have brightened my week with your thoughtfulness. I look forward to a bit of scented cheer!

((Foustie)), you have a real piece of insight there and I think you are absolutely right. I will ponder that.

((Twolf, FrouFrou, Mike, PerfumedLady, carolina girl)) Thank you! I bought a bunch of things for the caregiver today and will go over there tomorrow to set up. I do think Mom will do better in her apartment than in the rehab center (there's no place like home) and I am hopeful that she will regain her independence or near-independence, for as long as her mind allows her to.

Meanwhile I bought tickets for the three of us and her to attend a professional performance of the Messiah in mid-December, to be held in the auditorium at her residence. Something to look forward to!

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Dior Addict again today ... extremely rare for me to wear something two days in a row, but I could smell it faintly this morning and thought "well why not?"

Hugs to 30 Roses ... how stressful it must be for you!

Wall Street by Bond No.9
    Gary

I wore Kus Kus last night and tonight, and am beginning to be quite taken with it. I don't know how true is their claim that it's the same formula as in 1848, but it's a nice spicy woody unisex with great longevity.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Yohji Yamamoto Yohji Homme tonight
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Blog Entries

Going to bed in Love Etc.

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Terre d'Hermes