Code of Conduct

Question Creed - do you have the photo of the bottles produced before 1990?

Hi all,

does anybody here remember these bottles? how they looks like?
    any evidence that there were creeds frags in 20 century before 1990?
    can not find anything yet.

ed

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

Default Re: Creed - do you have the photo of the bottles produced before 1990?

a basic google search pulled up a couple that look 60's or 70's

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Creed sure has come a long way in terms of packaging and bottle design.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

let the sh*tshow begin...

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post

Do you know the years these bottles were produced? I can't read the names of the fragrances on the packaging. Which ones are they? Thanks for posting them!

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Creed sure has come a long way in terms of packaging and bottle design.
    A really long way!

Quote Originally Posted by mrclmind View Post
    Do you know the years these bottles were produced? I can't read the names of the fragrances on the packaging. Which ones are they? Thanks for posting them!
    I believe these may the oldest Creed bottles known to man, dating from the late 70's or so. They show up every time this topic is discussed...

Yes, this has been discussed before. The oldest bottles anyone could find were generic "eau de cologne for men" type scents dating from the late 60s or so.

Oh yes... I remember conversations of old now... I'm sure this is a real hot button topic, so I'll refrain from too many opinions....

Isn't the generic "Olivier Creed Eau de Cologne" from the late 60's/early 70's supposed to be what is now Selection Verte? I remember reading somewhere about it & it seems like that's the oldest bottles anyone can come up with. I wonder if all of their private fragrances supposedly made for royalty, early Hollywood stars, etc., really did exist, or if it's all fabricated.
    While they obviously take liberties with their history, something tells me it isn't all fabricated, and there must be some truth behind the house's legendary claims. I tend to think many were exclusive, private fragrances for individuals & that's why there is little proof of these. (but who knows, maybe it's like Santa Clause, & you just want to believe)

Thank you for posting these snapshots!
    I like vintage Tabarome and really think that this is masterpiece, despite all the questions we could have regarding creed history and reputation. I would buy VT anyway.
    But still, if this fragrance is quite old, then there should be some evident facts that this frag was:
    A) produced
    B) Packed
    C) marketed
    D) distributed via some retail chain or boutiques

Also, all these talks re VT limited production sounds a bit strange for me.
    I understand that IFRA made our life harder, but Amouage, Asgaharli, Xerjoff still using natural notes ( which probably under IFRA restriction) without any problems, and what prevents Creed do the same with old frags?

Why I am asking about vintage Creed bottles?
    I would like to compare current VT with VT produced in 1922, 1955, 1977 etc.
    I have Houbigant Fougere royal issued in 1950, and I have new version.
    I feel the difference.
    The same with Knizhe 10, Derby, Savage and Cravache.
    Where is the evident proof that current VT smells the same way as original created?

Too many questions?

So, did they become a luxury line with the release of GIT in 1985?

I happen to own both bottles pictured. In fact, I have reason to believe that the EdT pictured is the very one in my hands now. Every wrinkle and crinkle in that box matches mine. My EdC, however, has a reddish tinted liquid instead of yellow and my box has some dinks not in the one pictured above. My EdT bottle is empty, having sold it off in decants through a split a couple of years ago. I recall the liquid was yellow with a slight green tint. Both juices "matched" the boxes, in other words.

My EdT box has a sticker on the back that says "REF. No. 908" right underneath where the box is printed "Made in France" and "8 OZ. 90*" in white letters. (The asterisk is meant to be a 'degrees' symbol.) The EdT bottle is shaped like a flask, which I love. On the bottom the glass is printed in raised letter with the Creed logo and "Made in France, Paris, 8 oz."

The EdC bottle is about half full now but the cylindrical bottle has no real distinguishing marks on it. Underneath in the center there is a small logo of some sort, likely related to the bottle manufacturer. I think it's a YB inside a circle/oval. The back of the box has a similar white rectangular sticker that reads "REF. No. 708" right above "Made in France, 90* and NET CONT. 8 FL. OZ." in gold letters printed on the box.

Neither boxes or bottles give any concrete indication of a date. They look and "feel" like '60's to me. Both of these smelled very much like Selection Vert in my opinion. There is no doubt in my mind that these are early versions of SV.
    Currently looking for Ava Luxe Midnight Violet

Visit my offsite sales thread for other items for sale - just updated!
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=265#265