Code of Conduct

Default Mancera now available in London!

After not visiting the West End for quite some time, I decided to pop down to Selfridges and sample some new releases. To my amazement, they are now selling Mancera fragrances (yes, that elusive Montale-esque brand). I can’t remember the prices but there are 12 Mancera creations available. For some reason, Silver Intensive Aoud wasn’t among them but the ones available are the following:

Sand Aoud
    Black Intensive Aoud
    Wild Fruits
    Rose Aoud & Musk
    The Aoud
    Roses Jasmine
    Cedrat Boise
    Roses Vanille
    Wave Musk
    Musk of Flowers
    Gold Intensive Aoud
    Aoud S

Alas, I’m pretty sick and tired of oud fragrances (plus I was about to leave) so I never hanged around to check them out. However, I did take a photo.

I also sampled several oud releases by Bella Bellissima. Personally, this oud trend is all getting too much. Please stop!!!

Default Re: Mancera now available in London!

Mancera as been available in the uae for a good 4 or 5 years now.
    I , for some reason, never paid too much attention to them but they smell good.
    for swap/sale:

From fragrantica:

Perfumer Pierre Mancera opened his first Mancera luxurious perfume boutique at Place Vendo in Paris. Mancera perfumes are made from precious and luxurious ingredients, rare and refined materials, inspired by Art Deco design.

Mancera is a new brand. Designer Mancera has 3 perfumes in our fragrance base all launched in 2008. The nose who worked on Mancera fragrances is Pierre Mancera.
    Hmm very similar to Pierre Montale (same first name) and perfume names are very similar too.
    for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    From fragrantica:

Hmm very similar to Pierre Montale (same first name) and perfume names are very similar too.
    A-ha! I was thinking exactly the same thing!

AromiErotici

I recall a thread not too long ago that stated the Mancera line was very "harsh". I can't remember if it was noggs who had sampled them or not.

I don't think samples are available for this line. I would try them if they were.

From fragrantica:

Are you suggesting Pierre Montale and Pierre Mancera are one and the same people?? ...... just because they share the same first name.....????..... (have you noticed both surnames begin with the letter M)...????

How strange is that...............????????????????????

Got to be more than a coincidence, surely....??......!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, Pierre is a very common name in France......... so I wouldn't presume there's anything too suspicious just because they have the same name.
    Currently wearing: Astor by Geo F Trumper

Not only the name.
    Theyre both very ... illusive.
    for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    I recall a thread not too long ago that stated the Mancera line was very "harsh". I can't remember if it was noggs who had sampled them or not.
    Yes, that was me. I don't remember if I used the word "harsh" (although I very well might have), but I'm pretty sure I said I found them unpleasant. I do remember that the more I sampled them the more I disliked them.

I've only seen the three oud scents (Silver, Gold, Black), which have been available here for two to three years now, and have tried all of them a number of times. I haven't found anything attractive about them at all. I buy a lot of fragrances, and have tried very hard to give myself a reason to add these to my collection, but I just can't do it. ;-)

I'm not a big Montale fan, but I think Montale fragrances are a lot better than the Manceras.

I'm very curious to hear what others have to say about them, so please try them, trebor, and Aromi if you get a chance, and report back.
    Currently wearing: Équipage by Hermès

Not only the name.
    Theyre both very ... illusive.
    Have you ever seen them in the same room together......???.........at the same time.....?????

The plot thickens.......................
    Currently wearing: Astor by Geo F Trumper

Never knew there were so many more in the collection.

I have black intensive for a while now. I stated in the past threads about this company, I am 100% convinced this is Montales company. The box, the inner bag and the scents are exactly the same.

All the SAs here tell me that Mancera is owned by Montale, but much of the "information" I get from these guys is suspect, so I don't know what to think. I do agree that there is a similarity between the logos and the packaging and fragrance profiles. I haven't smelled any Montale fragrances that smell just like Mancera fragrances, but I've only tried 6-8 Montale frags, so there may be some twins out there that I haven't yet come across.
    Currently wearing: Équipage by Hermès

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    Yes, that was me. I don't remember if I used the word "harsh" (although I very well might have), but I'm pretty sure I said I found them unpleasant. I do remember that the more I sampled them the more I disliked them.

I've only seen the three oud scents (Silver, Gold, Black), which have been available here for two to three years now, and have tried all of them a number of times. I haven't found anything attractive about them at all. I buy a lot of fragrances, and have tried very hard to give myself a reason to add these to my collection, but I just can't do it. ;-)

I'm not a big Montale fan, but I think Montale fragrances are a lot better than the Manceras.

I'm very curious to hear what others have to say about them, so please try them, trebor, and Aromi if you get a chance, and report back.
    Thanks noggs. Now I remember it was you and that you found them wanting. You also didn't say they were harsh, but I used that term for lack of remembering what it was exactly you said.

There also is more releases now than the 3 I got accustomed to seeing on evilbay.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    Personally, this oud trend is all getting too much. Please stop!!!
    Well said...well said.

Was at Selfridges not too long ago, about 2 weeks ago, but missed this completely.

Quote Originally Posted by cairomerta View Post
    I have black intensive for a while now. I stated in the past threads about this company, I am 100% convinced this is Montales company. The box, the inner bag and the scents are exactly the same.
    The names of the other fragrances also seem in the same vein as Montales lol.