Code of Conduct

Default Eau d'orange verte VS Concentré d'orange verte

Hello,

I don't know if you guys already smelled these 2 fragrance but I'll take a chance and ask.

I tried Eau d'orange Verte from Hermes on my skin and wow!! Wonderful!! The only problem is that the silage fade out quickly and it become more a skin scent so you almost have to hug me to smell it.

Then, I saw a box, it was "Concentré d'orange verte", a supposed to be more stronger version. So, I was wondering, if this Concentré d'orange verte smell the EXACT same thing than the normal eau d'orange verte but just stronger and lasting longer or its a different smell?

Thanks!

Sound Scents

Default Re: Eau d'orange verte VS Concentré d'orange verte

No. It has a bit of a minty undertone to it that the regular does not have. Neither lasts long on me, but I love and own both of them. I prefer the Concentre of the two.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

no, the concentré version is more synthetic and boring. IMO

the original is far better , an unique chypre-herbal
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

I like them both. Slight differences. The Concentre does strike me as a more potent version of the original. I prefer Concentre. Both are real classics, very wearable, good values - welcome additions to any wardrobe.

Well, I just sprayed 2 spays with the tester on my neck and after 2 hours it started to really go away. Maybe if I spray 10 times, and over my clothes too it will last longer?

Also, what I really like in the fragrance eau d'orange verte is, I don,t know how to tell it, maybe its the middle note or the drydown, but after 30-45min on skin, the scent that we smell if we just take a whiff like when someone is passing by you, is just wonderful and thats what I wanted to have in the concentré, but lasting longer.

So, then I think I'm gonna stick with the original and just use the sprayer a lot more

the original has a retro/stylish feeling that you´ll not ever find it in the concentré, but , as you have already noticed, is very poor in terms of Sillage/longevity , so ...... enjoy it just as it is.
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

I can't really tell the difference between the two. Have both and like them equally.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I can't really tell the difference between the two. Have both and like them equally.
    And do you see a big difference on the silage and longevity of the Concentré? How is that with the Concentré version?

Love and will always own both. The only note which lasts in the original is a light oakmoss note. the concentre has alot more supporting synthetics, and some tonka in the base, and if applied heavily, gives some pretty decent long lasting albeit quiet sillage. i generally wear 25 sprays or more sprays of the eau, about 18-20 of the concentre.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    i generally wear 25 sprays or more sprays of the eau
    Whoa! lol

And how long it is lasting with 25 sprays ? Like to make people smell you when you just pass by them and not have to cuddle you to smell you..

wow, you guys really load up. I use probably 4-5 at most of the Concentree and find it gives a good 4-5 hours at least. 1 spray to the undershirt helps too.

I find the Concentree is simpler while the original has some more earthy lower tones so it's more retro for sure but I'm not into that whole 'old' style thing... the CDOV is my go-to scent when I can't decide what to wear.
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

+1. Love the original.

I have the Concentre version.

I find that 20 sprays lasts a good 4 hours. This is one of the bottles i take to work with me.
    I reapply after 4 hours.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    I have the Concentre version.

I find that 20 sprays lasts a good 4 hours. This is one of the bottles i take to work with me.
    I reapply after 4 hours.
    Wot he said but I do 10 sprays initially. The best orange frag in town IMO.

Agree that d'Orange Verte needs to be applied liberally. My preference is for the regular version... in the largest size available.

I'd directly jump to Bigarade Concentree

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I prefer the Concentree to the original, lasts longer and prefer it overall. Although, for an orange fragrance I have Orange Sanguine. Natural, lasts twice as long and one of my favorites
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Original is light and fresher but go with the concentree just because of better longevity.

Banned

I prefer the concentre (eau is wearing very thin in the cold climate and this is where I spend most of the time). I'd imagine in very hot weather eau would work wonders.