Code of Conduct

Default Just blind purchased L'instant de Guerlain, will I get the gist of L'instant Extreme from this?

Or is extreme a completely different scent? Will I like it if I think Dior Homme is mediciny and bitter garbage? (I tested Dior Homme at Sephora so I must have smelled the new formulation).

By the way, there is a tester going on Ebay right now that you might get a deal on. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=p5197.c0.m619

I paid $52 for my 4.1oz bottle including shipping.

Why do I take these risks with blind buys?

Default Re: Just blind purchased L'instant de Guerlain, will I get the gist of L'instant Extreme from this?

They are similar yes . Except:

- in the EDT, the citrus note will prevail throughout the mid-stages till the early drydown , unlike the EDP where it almost disappears after 15 minutes of application .

- Also, to my nose, the EDT has the lycorine vibe in it, which i don't get in EDP (= where the natural subtle cacao just surrounds it from beginning to end).

- EDT projects more.
    Last edited by tdwctdwc; 19th November 2011 at 05:05 AM.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Default Re: Just blind purchased L'instant de Guerlain, will I get the gist of L'instant Extreme from this?

ooh good based on that I think I'll like the regular version more than the extreme.

They are similar for a short while. The bases are quite different. EdT goes for a hibiscus musk that I don't find interesting nor particularly pleasant. The EdP has a more gourmand base. It's definitely pleasant but also boring. However, if you don't pay too much attention to it, then it might not bore you. I think of the EdP as a version designed for "the masses." The EdT is a "masterpiece" kind of frag until it enters that hibiscus musk base, which occurs far too soon for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    It's definitely pleasant but also boring. However, if you don't pay too much attention to it, then it might not bore you. I think of the EdP as a version designed for "the masses." The EdT is a "masterpiece" kind of frag until it enters that hibiscus musk base, which occurs far too soon for me.
    + 1
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

I find the EDT too mature for me (I'm 30 years old), while the Extreme version just right for my age.

you will get the gist. i think you will be very happy with the edt

I own the extreme and chances are I will be purchasing the EDT as well.
    Do not worry you have made an excellent purchase, cheers,

I think you will get the overall gist. Having said that, you have a great scent to enjoy.

If you can imagine less citrus and a more thick and dense wonderful long lasting cocoa/vanille etc accord you have Extreme. Though having the Extreme I just cannot buy the EDT as good as it is as I just see it as a lesser version of the great Extreme.

Sur la Plage

Just like eating a hamburger will give you the gist of eating a filet mignon.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cerel9 View Post
    Or is extreme a completely different scent? Will I like it if I think Dior Homme is mediciny and bitter garbage? (I tested Dior Homme at Sephora so I must have smelled the new formulation).

By the way, there is a tester going on Ebay right now that you might get a deal on. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=p5197.c0.m619

I paid $52 for my 4.1oz bottle including shipping.

Why do I take these risks with blind buys?
    All the Sephora's I have been to still have the Dior Homme with the silver tube which I believe is not the newest formulation. The ones they sell now have the black tubes which should be the newest formulation

I don't think so.

I also blind bought the EDT and it did nothing for me.
    I bought the EDP and like it. It's fairly different, imo.

But I hope you like it, most people do!

I find the two very very different on my skin. If you are just smelling the cap/spray nozzle of each, you would since only a simularity. I have the extreme version and started loving it so much, I had to blind buy this as well; just out of curiosity and the blind buy thrill.
    The EDT I find citrusy up front and quickly fading to a somehow minty/green/tea-like middle, which sticks around a while on me. Then a lighter cocoa weaves in and out of this dominating middle.
    The EDP is the star of the two IMO. Rich, deep, opulent, cocoa with a little bitterness straight from the tap. The EDP is the masterpiece IMO. I will probably let this EDT go to the swap shop anlog with MIP...another blind buy.

See I think I would like the non-cocoa one better. I'm still not sure men should smell like candy because I don't know how you maintain your credibility as a man when you smell like chocolate.

By the way, is this a good price for L'instant Extreme?
    http://www.amazon.com/Guerlain-Linst...1762144&sr=8-1

Seems kind of high for 2.5oz.

You can get it from a Guerlain boutique for 76 $ or something in that range.
    Last edited by tdwctdwc; 20th November 2011 at 07:27 AM.

See I think I would like the non-cocoa one better. I'm still not sure men should smell like candy because I don't know how you maintain your credibility as a man when you smell like chocolate.

I dont think it smells like chocolate, as in a chocolate bar, or chocolate pudding, more like a dry spicy cocoa, very masculine IMO.

I find it interesting that you say men shouldn't smell like candy yet you have no fragrances listed in your wardrobe. Please enlighten us as to what a man should smell like. Fahrenheit, Kouros, I must know...

I think they're really different for an EDT VS EDP. No, I don't think you'd get the gist of the EDP. I was rather surprised when I smelled the difference.