Code of Conduct

Default Soivohle (Liz Horn) Eau de Toilettes

Hello

experiences with this outfit anyone?

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Default Re: Soivohle (Liz Horn) Eau de Toilettes

I like Soivohle very much. One of the few natural perfumes to have lasting power. The new Leather Krem is quite good. I really like their absolutes. Oud Lacquer is five star quality in all ways. Underworld is one of the best vetivers out there. Tobacco and Tulle is outstanding. Sinti is a fantastic dry spicy rose. Her(Liz Zorn) tinctures are quite potent, and really add longevity and sillage to her perfumes. Customer service is the best, all done with love.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    I like Soivohle very much. One of the few natural perfumes to have lasting power. The new Leather Krem is quite good. I really like their absolutes. Oud Lacquer is five star quality in all ways. Underworld is one of the best vetivers out there. Tobacco and Tulle is outstanding. Sinti is a fantastic dry spicy rose. Her(Liz Zorn) tinctures are quite potent, and really add longevity and sillage to her perfumes. Customer service is the best, all done with love.
    Sounds fantastic! What about Alpha Musc?

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Sounds fantastic! What about Alpha Musc?
    I thought Alpha Musc was just OK. Not as unique as others I mentioned in the line.

My limited experience:

Meerschaum - reeked like a barroom ashtray that hasn't been cleaned out in ages, moistened with spilled beer. Normally I love tobacco scents, but this presented nothing but stale, incinerated carcinogens.
    Journeyman - shoe polish. That's it. No thanks.
    Cumberland Ti - iced tea laced with lots of peaches. Smells nice, but way too fruity for my taste.

I won't yet give up on Soivohle as I know Liz has much more to offer, but I haven't been the least bit impressed by anything I've tried thus far.

Tried a few but didn't like any. They all had a certain whiff to them that put me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Tried a few but didn't like any.
    Same here.

Sur la Plage

Anyone else try Journeyman?

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    I thought Alpha Musc was just OK. Not as unique as others I mentioned in the line.
    I completely agree with Beck on the Musc, not what I expected after having the Leather Krem.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Anyone else try Journeyman?
    Yes sir . . . . her description of it as a soft suede leather in the topside is very accurate and pretty 'ambery' as well.
    as it moves into the mid-notes, fairly quickly I might add, I picked up on a fairly strong piss note for lack of a better word,
    it was short lived but there just the same (I'm gonna attribute that to the oud) after which, it drops into a really dry incense / vanilla while still maintaining a more muted suede 'feel' to it.

My sample packet of Soivohle scents arrived yesterday.
    Only sampled three of the eight: Underworld, Meerschaum, & Journeyman, so far.

Of the three Journeyman was my favorite from the start. The suede and amber and vanilla were fantastic and accessible. Smooth suede - not too heavy - a goldilocks effect...balanced by amber and then by vanilla. Though a brief encounter, it was very satisfying!

Meerschaum was excellent as well, though it developed more slowly and then seemed to break down into something else altogether. Will have to go back and try it again.

I never got Underworld...mostly ginger on my skin with something sharp and then something fizzy. Sorry for the lack of words to explain the experience.

Journeyman was my favorite by far.

Still have Vanillaville, Tabacco & Tulle, Domino Viole, Oudh Lacquer, and Rivertown Road to try. Soivohle is out of my price range, but the samples will undoubtedly last a good while and are an incredible teaching experience.
    “interpretation is the revenge of the intellect upon art.” - Susan Sontag

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Tried a few but didn't like any. They all had a certain whiff to them that put me off.
    Liz has a very distinctive style. It will be a love, or off putting experience for sure. I happen to enjoy her whimsy.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Same here.
    Which ones did you try?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I know and love Oudh Lacquer, but it's an absolute, not a EdT. The combo of the agarwood and the unsweetened cocoa, topped with petitgrain and linden flower is quite masterful.

I did have an EdT of one of hers that was particularly striking, unfortunately I can't remember its name. It had a tincture of crushed seashells in it, creating a bracingly sharp, mineral/iodine note that I found highly unique.

Her materials are often natural and self-made, so her work doesn't smell like a lot of other niche houses that use the big firm's aroma chemicals.

I think she's doing some very interesting work.