Code of Conduct

Thread: Amouage Attar

Post Thanks / Like

Default Amouage Attar

Hi there,

Im toying with the idea of getting the tribute attar but i am worried that im paying far to much than what it is worth. Could someone please elaborate on how you use the attar bottles to apply and how much needs to go on. Also, because it will be super strong does that effectively mean that even although its only 12ml you get the same amount of use from the bottle as a 50ml?

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Amouage Attar

Don't worry, it's worth every penny. I honestly think the usage is closer to a 100ml bottle. Apply with the glass stopper. Just dab one swipe on each wrist, and that should do just fine. You can add a swipe to your chest if your going out on the town.

It will last for ages as a dab or two is all you will need. Also the attars are a few steps up from their normal fragrances and are really something special.

Post Thanks / Like

Dab behind your ears actually. This way you can wash your hands freely.

Plus the smell from behind the lobes is, somehow , better than from most other places.

for swap/sale:

Post Thanks / Like

fwiw, in rotation 1.5 ml of tribute has lasted me well into a second winter season. it is easy to over-apply, but a liberal application (swiping your neck and your arms with the plastic wand part of sample vial's cap) is probably tolerable assuming you aren't going to be sitting/standing in a confined space with lots of other people -- and should last you similarly.
    If you see this, please be warned that my wardrobe is woefully out of date. It may never be updated. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, but be warned!

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces
    Post Thanks / Like

I despise Amouage and I can admit this is very high quality. Goes on like motor oil, you need very little of this per application. I couldn't even wash the stuff off from my wrist when I tried.

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

A dab behind each ear will do nicely ...

What are the best attars to try ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey View Post
    I despise Amouage and I can admit this is very high quality. Goes on like motor oil, you need very little of this per application. I couldn't even wash the stuff off from my wrist when I tried.
    That's the beauty of Attars. They don't evapoarte like alcohol diluted EDT's, EDP's etc....

Love that motor oil feel, and super longevity. The high quality of ingredients is a hallmark, and easily discernable on Amouage Attars.

The attars are beautiful , a little oily of course ( what would you expect?) . The lack of alcohol is good for skin and my favourite Bajah is just fabulous. I can't understand despising Amouage who have introduced some classics like Gold , Lyric etc .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by memories View Post
    The attars are beautiful , a little oily of course ( what would you expect?) . The lack of alcohol is good for skin and my favourite Bajah is just fabulous. I can't understand despising Amouage who have introduced some classics like Gold , Lyric etc .
    Because Gold for Men smells like cat piss on grandmas throw rug. Lyric Men is a joke. Lyric Woman is decent though.

I like Bajah also.
    Last edited by thebeck; 21st November 2011 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    Because Gold for Men smells like cat piss on grandmas throw rug. Lyric Men is a joke. Lyric Woman is decent though.
    You do have such a way with words ..ahem.

yeah, but it's not big and it's not clever..........there are better ways to get your point across...
    Last edited by Str8_SHAVER; 21st November 2011 at 11:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard it said by a few that Amouage attars boast Creed-like inconsistencies from bottle to bottle, which has made me leery to go in on one yet. Anyone else ever experience this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    It will last for ages as a dab or two is all you will need. Also the attars are a few steps up from their normal fragrances and are really something special.
    This.

Homage and Tribute are incredible. Al Andalous and Afrah are good too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Partario View Post
    I've heard it said by a few that Amouage attars boast Creed-like inconsistencies from bottle to bottle, which has made me leery to go in on one yet. Anyone else ever experience this?
    I've smelled versions of Homage which smell completely different. I prefer the earlier/older formulation by far. It was far more floral, the formulas I didn't like tended more towards herbal/woody notes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    I've smelled versions of Homage which smell completely different. I prefer the earlier/older formulation by far. It was far more floral, the formulas I didn't like tended more towards herbal/woody notes.
    That's a bummer to hear.

Though herbal and woody usually peak my interest more than floral. Still. Thanks for the input.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    So annoying... Hate huge variations like that. Was considering buying either homage or tribute but that makes me think twice about it for sure.
    Current top 10 in no particular order : Malle - Carnal Flower (pre 2008) ; Montale - Black Aoud ; Bond #9 - Silver Factory ; Tauer - L'air du dsert marocain ; C&Z - No 88 ; Francis K. - APOM ; Creed - Aventus ; Amouage - Epic ; Profumum - Dulcis In Fundo ; Amouage - Opus V