Code of Conduct

Default Snowdrift Farms lousy service

I placed an order with them almost two weeks ago for 1 bottle of denatured alcohol. Iíve called them and left a message and emailed twice on the status of my order. Zero response. This hasnít been a good experience with them and donít plan on ordering again. Just curious on what your thoughts are on Snowdrift Farms customer service and if youíve had similar issues as mine?
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Default Re: Snowdrift Farms lousy service

It's funny you post this thread now, I've been having problems too. I wonder what's going on over there. They sent me an order in August that was missing some oils I had ordered because they were backordered. I sent several emails asking about the status of the oils, and recently, I've been calling and leaving messages. No response. I was hoping to use them as my permanent supplier of perfume alcohol, and seeing as how I'm running low, it's a bit concerning.

Terrible customer service and quite rude once I got through to them. I ordered 8 gallons of alcohol when they still sold it like that, and it took me 2 months to get it. No call backs or email responses. If anyone finds a better supplier that sells bulk please chime in.
    You can check out my fragrances at www.garnerjames.com
    While I work on the website, you can email me for any inquiries at james@garnerjames.com

In the meantime, I just ordered a small bottle from Save On Scents. I'll post how that goes.

I dont know how Snowdrift stays in business. Crazy.

Well, I finally got the ethanol from Snowdrift Farms. Never did hear from them, but I got a tracking number after the bottle was delivered. haha

I got my ethanol from Save on Scents in about 7 days. Not bad. And they have excellent customer service. Highly recommended.

You might want to stay away from any retailer with "Snowdrift" in their name. It sounds like an accident waiting to happen, Kerosene.
    - Expect the unexpected

This was just on their website today - they are going out of Business as of 12-12-11. I know through various forums, etc, that once upon a time there was great service and product from them.
    Copied from their website today: "Unfortunately while I was caring for Trina, a series of poor management decisions left Snowdrift Farm in a very poor position. While I have tried to restore it, the problems were too immense. Therefore Snowdrift Farm will be closing on December 12, 2011. I am very sad that we are unable to continue. We would like to thank everyone for their support over the years. Bill"

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Smell That! View Post
    This was just on their website today - they are going out of Business as of 12-12-11. I know through various forums, etc, that once upon a time there was great service and product from them.
    Copied from their website today: "Unfortunately while I was caring for Trina, a series of poor management decisions left Snowdrift Farm in a very poor position. While I have tried to restore it, the problems were too immense. Therefore Snowdrift Farm will be closing on December 12, 2011. I am very sad that we are unable to continue. We would like to thank everyone for their support over the years. Bill"
    I was just going to start a thread that they are closing and saw this post. I have been a customer for about two years and have had no problems. Last week I went on and saw they were out of many of their usual staples. Yesterday I logged on and saw the message posted by Smell That!
    Sounds like the palliative care Bill provided his partner Trina affected many aspects of his life. Sorry to see this happen.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Has anyone on here ordered from Snowdrift Farms on their closeout sale and not receive their order yet? We ordered on Dec 2 and have not received our order nor have we been issued a refund. The 45 days for paypal has expired so I had to physically phone paypal and lodge a complaint. They have notified Snowdrift Farm (Rancho DeNieve). If you have not received your order and paid using paypal I urge you to make a complaint as I did as they have informed them that they will monitor their account for 180 days and if other complaints come in then they will reopen the disputes and give people their money back. I talked to Tracy at paypal badge #43447 . Please pass this on to anyone else you might know that ordered from them. I tried calling SDF and emailing them before I did any of this and have recieved no response and their phone is disconnected.

Yep, I am still waiting on two orders from snowdrift farms. I placed one order in early December and then saw that they were going out of business and having a sale so I placed another order. I have tried to reach them but have not had any luck. They were always slow on shipping and often out of stock whenever I ordered but I would eventually get it. I have a feeling we will not see our products or be issued any refunds.

I do not think I used paypal but I will check in the morning. Thanks for the info

Basenotes Plus

Shortly after I ordered somethings at the closing sale, they gave me a partial refund for being sold out of that item. When I did not receive the remainder of the shipment in 30 more days, I opened a Paypal dispute, and the remainder of the order charge was refunded back to my account. I would have rather had the items, but they are now completely shut down.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

I, too, had placed an order early December and have rec'd no response, product, nor a refund. I thought I had paid through PayPal and it looks like it on my bank stmt, but on my email from PayPal they asked me to go throught them next time. I will have to contact them as the money was taken out of my account. I had just found out about this company when looking how to make my own diffuser scents to put in bottles w/sticks. Then I rec'd the email saying there were going out of business and everything 50% off, so I orders somethings. I really hope I'm not out the $45.38. It would be really sad. They had even sent emails saying they're behind and be patient, so I was. I wished I had immediately just asked for a refund.

Blog Entries

Me too - waiting for ANY response or product.

I'm pretty sure that it's "Madoff Money" at this point. As in, when you reckon all the balances, some bank made off with it.

Hi...new here, but was googling snowdrift, to find out what is going on, and this is posted on their website (see below, where it says Snowdrift Farm is closed) That is where their web posting starts.

How can Bank of America "steal" all of their funds from their closing sale? Bill is saying no one will get refunds and we're just out of our money?

Snowdrift Farm is Closed
    Important Notice on Refunds

Bank of America is holding all of the funds from the closing sale for 6 months and intends to steal all of the proceeds. If Snowdrift Farm had control of the funds, you would have received refunds long ago. We have battled the B of A for 2 months over this problem. Please read the closing update for more detail.

Francisco, who is stealing our money for the Bank of America may be reached at 1-631-683-6589

Bill Maher calls them SKANK of America!!

I never do any business with B of A, only use credit unions, and I lost $40 at the Snowdrift Farms closing sale. Awful! However, I did buy perfumer's alcohol from Save on Scents- excellent product and customer service, cheaper than at Snowdrift, and I'll definitely keep doing business with them.

I'm a long time lurker but first time poster. I placed an order with Snowdrift during their closing sale and waited three weeks for any kind of shipping notification. I sent three e-mails and still no word. I'd paid with paypal though so I was able to file a dispute and after another three weeks the charges were finally reversed. I'm an extremely small business so I really can't afford any kind of loss. It's a shame, I used them exclusively for several things and trying to find other suppliers has been a huge pain.

I think Snowdrift Farms is reopening. I seem to recall an e-mail about it last month.

I wanted to place an order with them a few years back.
    I just wanted some dead sea salts .
    I called to place the order. I had never ordered with them before, and was somewhat nervous as I had been though a bad experience ordering some soap base from another company ,who took money from my account and then did not send the product. No return phone calls,blah blah....Obviously avoidance and I had to file a claim with the Better Business Bureau
    After placing my order with Snowdrift via telephone , I was told that they would not take an order for less than 50.00.
    I was confused as I had never encountered this anywhere else.
    I do not like to place big orders with companies I have never used before. My thoughts on this are that any money is income for them. Since they could not be bothered with my order, I ordered elsewhere and have been treated wonderfully well by some great suppliers.
    Here are a few that some people here might enjoy.
    The Ponte Vedra Soap Shoppe
    www.pvsoap.com/
    Mountain Rose Herbs
    http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/
    Bramble Berry Soap making Supplies
    http://www.brambleberry.com/
    From Nature With Love
    www.fromnaturewithlove.com/
    I have had excellent service and the best quality supplies.
    The essential oils from Mountain Rose Herbs are splendid .
    Ponte Vedra Soap Shop has semi custom labels and are quick and friendly.
    Brambleberry has some great recipes for soaps and I just think they are fabulous.
    Good luck.