Code of Conduct

Default Thanksgiving Fragrance - Not Just for the USA

Excuse me please if the question has already been asked this year....but which of your glorious fragrances do you plan to wear for your Thanksgiving day celebration this Thursday? And for all of the non-USA fragrance folks, I wish to extend an invitation to join in on the celebration considering Thanksgiving can be a universal day for being being thankful of scent, fragrances, Basenotes, and all of the wonderful fragrance-o-philes who post here.

For me it will [EDIT: likely] be a Chanel... Bois des Iles, Cuir de Russie, or Bel Respiro.
    Last edited by pomander; 23rd November 2011 at 03:08 PM.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Default Re: Thanksgiving Fragrance - Not Just for the USA

Great question, as I was just musing today on this exact question. Our temps here have been in the low 80's, but we will have our version of a cold spell - meaning we'll be in the mid 70's by Thursday. Yay! So I've decided to wear Bond No 9 Success is a Job in NY. First time I'll have worn it this season. This scent works really well in cooler temps and the slightly gourmand spicy oriental seems to go with my intention to eat a lot :-)

I never know what I will want to wear until the day itself - clothes, perfume, any of it. Last year I wore Molinard Ambre that a very kind Basenoter sent me. The year before that I wore Pomegranate Noir by Jo Malone. I don't know what it will be this year.

I have been thinking about this and have not come up with an answer yet!!!
    Gary

Blog Entries

Maybe something like...hmmm...Coromandel or Daphne or Lyric Woman...or...
    Last edited by Fleurine; 23rd November 2011 at 02:15 AM.

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Sur la Plage

Possibly Etat Libre d'Orange - Tilda Swindon Like This
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Possibly Etat Libre d'Orange - Tilda Swindon Like This
    Good pumpkin themed choice. I'll be sampling 5'oclock Gingembre.

Hmm.. Cavalli Oro? or Urban Rituelle Siam Ginger? Bvlgari Au Rouge? Blv or Blv Notte?... Emeraude? ....hmmm...
    Fragrance Omnivore

I don't celebrate Thanksgiving but I do celebrate Evacuation Day. I haven't picked out the fragrance just yet though.
    - Expect the unexpected

Hillaire

I was seriously thinking of L'Homme Sage, as I love that herbal note. But I'll probably wear Micallef Special Red, 'cause it smells like apples. And sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaconneur View Post
    I don't celebrate Thanksgiving but I do celebrate Evacuation Day. I haven't picked out the fragrance just yet though.
    Hah! I had to look this one up to expand my knowledge of US history. I am so amused that this was celebrated until WW1.
    Probably Cuir de Lancome, that's pretty cozy and safe on me.

My vintage bottle of Shalimar extrait from E-bay will not arrive in time for Thxgiving. I am bracing myself for it as an event of historic proportions. :-). So it will be Samsara.
    The problem with progress is that it has been going on for too long.

It's going to be my first thanksgiving. I am waiting to see what will happen and where the Q will be taking me... or if I have to do any cooking...

I am but a toy in the hands of higher powers...
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Hmm, not sure. Tonka Imperiale, Noel Au Balcon, and Skarb are all contenders at the moment, as is Washington Square by Bond.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

All amzing choices. Very inspiring. I've added 2 other "potential wears" to my list...Ambre Narguile by Hermes and Douce Amere by Serge Lutens. Both have dark, sugared fruit notes that would complement the Thanksgiving fare so well.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

I like the idea of Coromandel too, Fleurine, or possibly Bois des Iles or Coco (I guess Chanel and Thanksgiving are also right up my alley, Pomander!) ...but I think I'll end up in Tom Ford's luscious Noir de Noir - I love the way it subtly blends with the sumptuous aromas of food, both savory and sweet.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 23rd November 2011 at 03:17 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    I like the idea of Coromandel too, Fleurine, or possibly Bois des Iles or Coco (I guess Chanel and Thanksgiving are also right up my alley, Pomander!) ...but I think I'll end up in Tom Ford's luscious Noir de Noir - I love the way it subtly blends with the sumptuous aromas of food, both savory and sweet.
    Mmmmm, TF NdN, great choice Evangeline! I may be rethinking.....

Most likely Bois des Iles, but SL douce Amere is in the running. Actually, now Ambre Narguile is a good idea too. Pomander, I like your style!!!

Basenotes Plus

I love to wear my Carons during the holidays. Well, I love to wear them all year long but they do have a touch of the special occasion about them and just feel festive to me.

So for Thanksgiving I was thinking of Farnesiana extrait, however also in the running are the autumnal Dolce Vita and Arabie. Stay tuned!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Gucci Flora Eau Fraiche or Annick Gouttal Petite Cherie

Quote Originally Posted by plethorax View Post
    Hah! I had to look this one up to expand my knowledge of US history. I am so amused that this was celebrated until WW1.
    Probably Cuir de Lancome, that's pretty cozy and safe on me.
    Thanks for taking the time to expand your knowledge about U.S. History. My cousin, Abraham Lincoln was responsible for the introduction of the Thanksgiving holiday that basically put Evacuation Day to rest. Unfortunate that we have forgotten about all these heroic men.
    - Expect the unexpected

Quote Originally Posted by FrouFrou View Post
    It's going to be my first thanksgiving. I am waiting to see what will happen and where the Q will be taking me... or if I have to do any cooking...

I am but a toy in the hands of higher powers...
    your FIRST Thanksgiving? How exciting! Wishing you lots of joy, Frou Frou!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Quote Originally Posted by tdem1961 View Post
    I love to wear my Carons during the holidays. Well, I love to wear them all year long but they do have a touch of the special occasion about them and just feel festive to me.

So for Thanksgiving I was thinking of Farnesiana extrait, however also in the running are the autumnal Dolce Vita and Arabie. Stay tuned!
    Me too, I may choose Aimez Moi parfum, I also have a decant of En Avion on hand. Otherwise, I'll go to the house of Guerlain, with Jicky, Shalimar, Mitsouko or Attrape Couer. Oh heck, Arabie might win. In other words, I'll decide tomorrow. But it WILL be spicy and warm.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I think I will be going for Bourbon's KusKus, we are invited to a thanksgiving dinner with people I do not know. I'm not to keen, it's my last evening, I'd rather spend it alone with the Q, and it means I will have to cook something to bring, and I need to finish a painting and do my packing.
    KusKus will be very comfortable.
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Diptyque L'Eau.

Basenotes Plus

Hiya pomander! Nice thread.

Welcome to Basenotes plethorax

Ambre Narguille actually sounds perfect today- off to find my 15 ml flacon

Have a great day, no matter the theme of celebration
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Hi back at ya Knit!

For my Thanksgiving day, I ended up wearing Bois des Iles (parfum) from a tiny decant I recently bought, and have been savouring. It was just right, and is still going strong! I hope everyone had a lovely celebration

Dulcis In Fundo

Chamade Parfum (Guerlain)

I wore Rue Royale, it doesn't project much on me (I think) and that's ideal for dinner. I had a really nice time, and we are home again so I can go to bed early and be ready tomorrow for travel
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Colonia Essenza by Acqua di Parma
    Gary

Ended up wearing, of all things, Askew by H&G. The ginger and cardamom worked well. Not a conventional choice, and no, I wasn't angry (Askew is supposedly a scent about anger ), but it was just calling my name that day.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more