Code of Conduct

Default vanilla fragrances (to replace l'artisan vanilia)?

i'm looking for a vanilla fragrance that isn't too cloying or juvenile, while still being relatable and not too weird. basically, something that i can wear that seems appropriate for an adult without freaking anyone out. i think l'artisan's vanilia comes the closest to what i'm seeking, and i would have bought it, but i'm told it's been discontinued.

i've tried guerlain SDV (didn't like), tom ford tobacco vanille (really liked, but felt... too... abstract?), and hermes vanille galante (really didn't like). i've also tried coty vanilla fields, some cloying B&BW versions, and comptoir sud pacifique vanille abricot (i remember liking this as a teenager, but i haven't seen it around for awhile).

thanks!

Default Re: vanilla fragrances (to replace l'artisan vanilia)?

Boucheron Jaipur Homme - heavy incensy vanilla fragrance in the "stuffy old man" style. Well, I like it. Try the EdP version.

Creed Sublime Vanille - superior straightforward vanilla. I'll be able afford it after I win Mega Millions tonight.

Sur la Plage

Molinard Vanille
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I love vanilla, so I definitely have suggestions:
    Farmacia SS Anunziata Vaniglia del Madagascar- I think you'd really like this. Rich, complex, and not gourmand or cloying.
    Il Profumo Vanille Bourbon- This is definitely sweeter and more gourmand, but it's the "truest" vanilla fragrance I've been able to find. To me, this is a real winner for the wintertime especially.
    Le Labo Vanille 44- This is another one I think you'd really like. It's drier, definitely doesn't feel "edible," and has prominent woods and incense notes.
    Atelier Vanille Insensee- OK, I don't much care for this, but I think you like less sweet vanillas than I do.
    Lea St. Barth- Simple almond vanilla
    Kiehls Vanilla Essence- Another great "true vanilla" option. I don't find the rollerball oil version of this sweet at all. Vanilla extract with a slight medicinal edge.
    Van Cleef Orchidee Vanille- Fruity and sweet twist on vanilla
    Also, you might like Hermessence Ambree Narguile, which is a silky amber-honey fragrance.

Another that came to mind: L'Artisan Vanilia

wow, these are some great suggestions to start me off! thanks so much!

feefee: i actually love sweet scents! it's just that, in theory, i don't want to smell like a bakery, even if in actuality i really respond to the scent! so i'm going to try the farmacia SS anunziata, il profumo (i've heard nice things about it anyway), and the creed sublime vanille, alongside some of these others if i can find them around.

have tried ambree narguile -- yeah, it smells really nice. just a little bit too heavy for me to get away with, i think.

Banned

try Vanille Sauvage de Madagascar by La Maison de la Vanille ...

Basenotes Institution

Vanitas by Profumum smells VERY close to Vanilia
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Another that came to mind: L'Artisan Vanilia
    To replace the L'Artisan Vanilia that the OP is looking for a replacement for?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

(could be off here) but what about L'Artisans Havana Vanilla?