Code of Conduct

Default creed original santal vs bond n9 new haarlem vs serge lutens chergui

im just planing my next fragrance purchase just before my birthday and i want two get my a nice present these time a niche fragrance that works great in the cold swiss winters like it,s getting colder and colder here in switzerland.
    now im not sure which one of these two get the fragrance must be great for nights dont care so much about daytime like for winter days i have my signature scent ysl la nuit de le homme and sometimes tom ford.

creed original santal like this one had a sample of it find it perfect for clubbing or
    hang out in bars at night i like the creed house and own already some creed.

bond n9 new haarlem the most expensive of the 3 but find it two be so special love
    the hi quality Coffee note i own already angel men but find new haarlem easier
    two wear and much more elegant.

serge lutens the cheapest of these 3 can get 50ml for about 120 dollars. i put these on me the other night in a perfume store get 3 compliments
    after that from a friend and 2 girls that's a lot of compliments i never had so many compliments only in 3 hours not even with my creed aventus.i find chergui two be a very unique and distinctive fragrance but im afraid at the same time that it turns two girlie like i had hear in several forums but in my skin i find it ok but i only wear it 1 time.

so what you think about,i also welcome other niche winter recomendations.thanks

Default Re: creed original santal vs bond n9 new haarlem vs serge lutens chergui

Chergui

Original Santal
    New Haarlem
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Default Re: creed original santal vs bond n9 new haarlem vs serge lutens chergui

I'd go with either Chergui and Original Santal.

I'm not a fan of OS and Chergui. So, I'd recommend New Haarlem.

Other similar nighttime cold weather scents -- Tobacco Vanille, Dior Homme Intense (original formulation), and Midnight in Paris EDP.

I would definitely say New Haarlem. Was out at a bar and two girls told me that I smelled so good. Then they wouldn't leave me alone for the rest of the night.

I also have Chergui on my continue to try list. I've got a chance to sample it twice, but I'm trying to gain a better understanding of what the scent does on my skin.

Sur la Plage

Chergui and New Haarlem are worth owning - Original Santal is not.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

1) Choice - New Haarlem
    2) Choice - O. Santal

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Chergui and New Haarlem are worth owning - Original Santal is not.
    This.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    I'd recommend New Haarlem.
    agree ...

Chergui and New Haarlem are on my lists of scents I really want to sample. But, I do own Creed Original Santal and highly recommend it for cold weather. I know it gets a lot of hate and can be a bit much at first try, but if you give it time and a few wearings, it really grows on you and becomes addictive. Also, personally, I enjoy OS because it doesn't follow the typical Creed pattern and have that same redundant basenote.

thanks for the advices i just get serge lutens chergui and im happy it,s really a special warm fragrance.

I own all except Creed Original Santal, which I sampled at Neiman Marcus here in Houston, Texas. Of the four, New Haarlem and Chergui are neck-and-neck in the compliment department. NH is heavier and has better longevity, so it would probably work better in the cold weather. Chergui is a special occasion fragrance, and while the dry down is too sweet for some, I'll take it any day of the week over Aventus and Original Santal.

New Haarlem
    Original Santal

----- both great, NH gets the win, but both bottle worthy -----

Chergui is quality, but overrated and too feminine for me.

Chergui