Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: What fragrances make you happy when you smell them??? What fragrances will you never get tired o

Quote Originally Posted by EarNoseThroat View Post
    And the smell of $ $ $!
    Yep, i might be able to smell that smell too IF i stopped buying fragrances lol ... but still i'd say only 1 x $ ... oops it's still € here so far....
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Default Re: What fragrances make you happy when you smell them??? What fragrances will you never get tired o

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    Aventus. The whole world should smell of Aventus!
    That's where I'm at right now. I keep sniffing myself.

Clive Christian X Men
    Creed Windsor
    Guerlain Derby
    Patou pour Homme

Quote Originally Posted by Pure_Dreamer View Post
    Forget compliments! Forget universal appeal! Forget what the ladies like!

I learnt the hard way. Buying fragrances partly to please other people’s noses has just been a waste of time and money. Black XS, JOOP GO!, Givenchy PI, Body Kouros… the list goes on, have all ended up on eBay at some stage which leads me to start this thread.

What fragrances do you never get tired of? What fragrances when you smell the nozzle or yourself does it makes you smile and your eyes light up??

Don't know why but...I am always amazed when I’m at home and I random smell the atomizers of the following.

1. La Nuit De L Homme – Finally found a fragrance that I love much more then all my fragrances!

2. Pure Malt Thierry Mugler – enough said…

3. Boss bottled – All I have to say is THANKYOU Annick Menardo for making a fragrance so pleasing and well blended, if the bottle said ‘CREED’ on it there would be a big hype!

4. Dior Homme Sport –I was out wearing this the other night and I caught a whiff and I thought I need to find out what fragrance this person is wearing!!! Little did I know when I got home it was homme sport I just had never smelled the dry down! Sweet, NICE powdery lemon and ginger

5. Armani Code – smooth. My going out/ date scent.

6. Chic Carolina Herrera - One of the best scents I know. Extremely pleasing to other people too.

7. Dior homme(original)- took me months before I saw what everyone was on about. But now I must admit it is unique. It’s the only ‘sophisticated’ outing fragrance I own.

What about you? What really pleases your nose???
    Our lists are strangely similar . Boss Bottled is one of my all time favorites. So deep, so sweet. I love it. Timeless if you will.

M7, Incense Oud and Un Jardin Sur Le Nil.

Gucci Pour Homme II. Every time I wear it, I feel happy.

I love to smell, and don't see getting tired of:
    1 Million......Quorum......VanCleef & Arpels PH......Azzaro PH
    Last edited by bigsteve; 28th December 2012 at 01:48 AM.

Cartier Must Essence, Aramis Havana. I get the chills!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Dior Intense Homme
    Cartier Must
    LIDGE

Jaipur EDP.

I really feel pumped up when I wear:
    Fahrenheit
    Narciso Rodriguez Him
    A*Men
    Gucci pH I & II
    Bang
    Artisan
    Bleu de Chanel
    Paul Smith Man

Chanel Antaeus as it never ceases to please.............Black XS l'exces can bring levity to any situation........Spicebomb puts a smile on my face in wintertime.

To the OP - I guess it takes all sorts.

Body Kouros is one that always makes me happy, whereas Boss Bottled, Code and Dior Homme are revolting.

Stuff that makes me smile, too numerous to mention, is generally Gourmands or sweet Orientals.

i honestly cannot say I will never tire of something, I will change (and sadly it is likely to as well).

My #1 favorite fragrance that always takes me back to my youth and puts a cheesy grin on my face is Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme. The original formula obviously.

As of late, Dior Homme and the Intense version.

And Terre d'Hermes

Pear + Olive seems to have that effect on me.
    Top 5 Winter Frags:
    1) Tabac Rouge
    2) Scent of Peace for Him
    3) Amyris Homme
    4) Paris*L.A.
    5) Blackbir
    d

Three that stand out that always make me happy as soon as I put them on.

Easily, it's Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino, Mugler Cologne and Prada's Infusion D'Homme.
    It must be the neroli note. So uplifting. It's pure sunshine in a bottle
    Last edited by Riley; 8th December 2012 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Tweeked it a bit

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Guerlain Shalimar extrait is so warm on a man I never tire of it.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

I'm stepping back in again to say :

Safran Troublant

No matter what my mood, a spritz of this stuff gets me back on a good track again.

Amouage Reflection Man
    Tonka Imperial
    Derby
    SDV
    Aventus
    Windsor
    DHI

Cool Re: What fragrances make you happy when you smell them??? What fragrances will you never get tired o

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    As plain and as shallowly optimistic as it sounds, most of my scent wardrobe, including the "tested/pending/to buy"-list, they are all to me, albeit by different means, for different reasons and in different styles sources of near-limitless joy

Well said, Ken!
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Lately for me, it's been Dior's Hypnotic Poison. Simply..wow! I have a sample and can't get enough of it. I don't care what gender this one is marketed to, it would be amazing on man, woman, animal, or tree. Lol! This will definitely be a full bottle purchase for me very soon. Don't let the feminine marketing dissuade you on this one guys. It's truly unisex and as the name implies, hypnotic.

bois des iles - can't believe I disliked it at first sniff! I love it now!
    terre de l'encens - iris & peppery frankincense
    philosykos - smells like summer

Blog Entries

My " happy fragrances" are; Mitsouko, Vol de Nuit, Aomassai, Le Parum by Barbara Bui, Coromandel, and Shaal Nur.

So many!
    Anything with neroli makes me smile, it reminds me of my beloved Beirut.
    On a different note, Vetiver Tonka. But that's a matter of a very happy moment in my life
    À l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Chanel Allure Edition Blanche sometimes I bring the bottle to work just so I can sniff it. It levtates my stressful job.

M7, GIT, Rose 31, Ciel.

Every morning i sniff my Creed Orange Spice sprayer, even if i wear something else that day.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Platinum Egoiste
    Fahrenheit
    Himalaya
    Dunhill Edition
    Crimson Hind Al Oud
    Esencia Loewe
    Original Santal
    Royal Oud
    For Sale:Gucci Pour Homme II , Amouage Attar,Lubin Idole http://www.basenotes.net/threads/313...dwide-Shipping

Mitsouko, Joy, Aromatics Elixir, Amouage Lyric Man, Timbuktu, Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune, Osmanthe Yunnan, Habit Rouge, Rochas Man, Guerlain Vetiver... and the list goes on

Guerlain Homme reminds me of landing in the Caribbean and having a refreshing Mojito.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Edition Blanche
    Dior Homme Sport

Happy scents ... maybe:

Nuit De Noel (vintage parfum)
    Vacances
    VSP
    Lacoste
    Z-14
    JHL
    Paul Smith Story
    For those about to stink, I salute you!