Code of Conduct

Wink Amber Absolute...good on a woman?

I was at Nordstrom the other day exploring the Tom Ford Private Line and fell head over heels in love with Amber Absolute. Its smoky, burning wood smell grabbed me and just wouldn't let go. It made me think of fall and wood-burning fireplaces. I bought a bottle immediately. My question now though is this...

I know the Tom Ford line is marketed as "unisex" but I'm wondering if Amber Absolute isn't a bit too on the masculine side. I personally LOVE it but what do you guys think? Good on a woman? Would the guys want to snuggle up to a woman wearing Amber Absolute?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Amber Absolute...good on a woman?

Hell yeah!

l have a 4ml sample which l've used a lot on colder evenings at home, & l'm seriously considering a larger decant. l find it rich, deep, satisfying & comforting. Why wouldn't a man want to snuggle up to that? And if YOU love it, who cares?

Welcome to basenotes!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Of course. Why not.

for swap/sale:

I think it wears nice on a woman, but my girlfriend hated the smell, and dont want to smell me when im using the stuff (wich lasts for 16 hours)

I love it too, but it is a very emphatic amber, so I would say that one would have to at least like amber to want to snuggle up to it. But yes, I agree with teardrop - what's most important is that you love it and feel wonderful wearing it.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

I think it's a great Amber scent and fell in love with it last year. If you love it and it smells good on you to you, go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Hell yeah!

l have a 4ml sample which l've used a lot on colder evenings at home, & l'm seriously considering a larger decant. l find it rich, deep, satisfying & comforting. Why wouldn't a man want to snuggle up to that? And if YOU love it, who cares?

Welcome to basenotes!

Thanks for the welcome! I definitely believe if a person loves a scent they should go ahead and wear it but I now second guess myself sometimes after an experience I had with Musc Ravageur. I smelled it, loved it, and bought a bottle on the spot. Problem was every male around me said I smelled like tabacco (not in a good way) and described it as very "manly" on me. I was so disappointed! I think I love the Amber Absolute so much though that I'm still going to rock it no matter what anyone says. I better after plunking down that amount of cash! This stuff sure aint cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Of course. Why not.
    'Cause in my experience guys only seem to want to snuggle up to a girl that smells like vanilla! What is up with that!!?? I need to date a basenoter. Someone who can actually appreciate a fine, quality scent

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    I love it too, but it is a very emphatic amber, so I would say that one would have to at least like amber to want to snuggle up to it. But yes, I agree with teardrop - what's most important is that you love it and feel wonderful wearing it.
    I agree. It's definitely a very emphatic amber. That's what I personally love about it....so I'll just have to start going out with other emphatic amber lovers My favorite thing about it is that the amber isn't tampered with. It does have the incense and the smokiness but Tom Ford stopped before crossing over into diluting it's "amberiness" by adding the citrus notes or powdery notes that I seem to find in most amber dominated scents (I'm picturing Prada here). To me, the addition of the citrus is what always turns amber scents masculine. Amber Absolute is just warm, smoky and amber.

(Grabbing the bottle to put on my one spritz of the day)

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnLeaves View Post
    Thanks for the welcome! I definitely believe if a person loves a scent they should go ahead and wear it but I now second guess myself sometimes after an experience I had with Musc Ravageur. I smelled it, loved it, and bought a bottle on the spot. Problem was every male around me said I smelled like tabacco (not in a good way) and described it as very "manly" on me. I was so disappointed! I think I love the Amber Absolute so much though that I'm still going to rock it no matter what anyone says. I better after plunking down that amount of cash! This stuff sure aint cheap!
    Check the marketplace splits forum to see if a BNer is doing a split of Amber Absolute. Splits can make expensive scents a bit more affordable. I think I remember seeing one happening now for Amber Absolute. Happy Purchasing & Here's to Smelling Good

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Pretty View Post
    Check the marketplace splits forum to see if a BNer is doing a split of Amber Absolute. Splits can make expensive scents a bit more affordable. I think I remember seeing one happening now for Amber Absolute. Happy Purchasing & Here's to Smelling Good
    I received a few private messages about the split going on immediately after posting my thread Thank you Addicted2Pretty, and to everyone else who P.M.'d me the tip! You guys are all wonderful!