Code of Conduct

Default Bruno Acampora scents now available as EDP's!

I was browsing through the Bruno Acampora site and I found they're released now as EDP's. I've been holding back on purchasing all of these scents because they were oils. However I can't order because it's in Italian

Anyone know if Luckyscent will get these? And why First-in-Fragrance removed them from their inventory?
    Last edited by scent; 26th November 2011 at 08:49 AM.

Default Re: Bruno Acampora scents now available as EDP's!

Scent, have you experienced any of the oils so far?

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Oh, I have and they are all quite good. My favorites are Blu which is an amazing, buttery, smooth tuberose; Jazmin which is a dry, indolic jasmine; Iranzol is a strange dry scent that is similar in many ways to the L'air du Desert Marocain; Musc is a beautiful musk which shifts between dirty and clean; Sballo is a camphoerus ambery patchouli with an odd floral background.

The others are Prima T which is a lovely floral and smells the most natural and Seplasia which is the best soap you'll ever smell.

All of these oils are super concentrated and give a lot of sillage but I just prefer an EDP to an oil.

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    Oh, I have and they are all quite good. My favorites are Blu which is an amazing, buttery, smooth tuberose; Jazmin which is a dry, indolic jasmine; Iranzol is a strange dry scent that is similar in many ways to the L'air du Desert Marocain; Musc is a beautiful musk which shifts between dirty and clean; Sballo is a camphoerus ambery patchouli with an odd floral background.

The others are Prima T which is a lovely floral and smells the most natural and Seplasia which is the best soap you'll ever smell.

All of these oils are super concentrated and give a lot of sillage but I just prefer an EDP to an oil.
    Thanks Scent. Added Iranzol, Musc and Sballo to my list What about Nero? Experiences anyone?

for swap/sale:

Blog Entries

This is interesting. l tried & liked Blu & Jasmin too, but l also prefer an EDP to an oil. Hope Luckyscent will get these in!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

I agree it would be interesting to sample how these 'vintage' (they were supposed to be aged in these containers for years and years?!) oils were interpreted in a new EdP concentration. Jasmin and Sballo are the oils I have samples of. Both were interesting, but the Jasmin smelled rather turned IMO. I am picky with my florals. I think I am meanwhile able to detect fairly accurately turned jasmine in vintage perfumes (Vol de Nuit is THE candidate for this).

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Thanks Scent. Added Iranzol, Musc and Sballo to my list What about Nero? Experiences anyone?
    Collection Privee collaborated with Bruno Acampora to create Nero, which makes it extremely interesting, but alas I haven't tried it I have a feeling you'll love the line!

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Thanks homey!

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    I agree it would be interesting to sample how these 'vintage' (they were supposed to be aged in these containers for years and years?!) oils were interpreted in a new EdP concentration. Jasmin and Sballo are the oils I have samples of. Both were interesting, but the Jasmin smelled rather turned IMO. I am picky with my florals. I think I am meanwhile able to detect fairly accurately turned jasmine in vintage perfumes (Vol de Nuit is THE candidate for this).
    I think they would dilute the oil (which apparently do contain some synthetics) with alcohol to make the EDP. I read on a blog that when you purchase an oil from BA, there are instructions on how to turn it into an EDP! So it's odd they would come up with this now. Roja Dove told me once that Vol de Nuit is extremely sensitive and doesn't age gracefully at all, and Shalimar just gets better with age!

Thanks homey!

for swap/sale:

Is there anyone stocking these in the UK as I think I need Musc in my life

I have a feeling you'll love the line!
    Me too...I've a inner magnet for pricey stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Me too...I've a inner magnet for pricey stuff...
    Blame it on your Italian genes lol.

for swap/sale:

Ok, I'm still living on my samples I bought from Luckyscent over 3 years ago! I'm lemming all of them!!! Has anyone tried the EDP?

I am wondering if anyone has tried the EDP too? I've sampled the oil and adore it (in Musc) and need to get a full bottle... I prefer an EDP but if it means the scent will be slightly different than the oil, I may just stick with that! hulp!

Basenotes Plus

I bought the set of all of their fragrances when they launched at Henri Bendel's .....gee, a couple of years ago. My sister wanted Blu and I wanted all the rest, especially Jasmine T and Sballo. I think these and the Musc are the only ones I've opened. I find them absolutely intriguing and often wear them to sleep in.

The sample Sballo body cream I received with my purchase is wonderful.

They don't offer "Jasmine T" anymore, just "Jasmine".
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Blog Entries

The EDPs are now available at Luckyscent! lf anyone has tried these, l would love to hear your thoughts.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Dependent

I've tried them. The compositions are so unique! I think they smell very similar to the old oils, but in much more convenient form. The bottles are pretty cool, shiny aluminum deals. Great line. Blu is a superb tuberose. The rest are more challenging. For anyone who's a fan of their oils I'd imagine the EdPs would be a no-brainer.

Sound Scents

I just received a sample of the Nero extrait with my LuckyScent order today. I look forward to trying it out and then maybe the edps if it shows promise for the house...
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    I've tried them. The compositions are so unique! I think they smell very similar to the old oils, but in much more convenient form. The bottles are pretty cool, shiny aluminum deals. Great line. Blu is a superb tuberose. The rest are more challenging. For anyone who's a fan of their oils I'd imagine the EdPs would be a no-brainer.
    Thanks MonkeyBars! lt's good to know they smell similar to the oils. l'm seriously considering purchasing the EDP of Blu, & l agree the cans look cool!

Wow. I am enjoying the samples of this line. Favorites are in order: (1) Nero, (2) Iranzol and (3) Musc are all very special fragrances, natural and extraordinary. Only problem I've seen so far is that no matter whether I try the oil or parfum spray they don't seem to last very long. On test blotters they fade faster than almost anything else. This is a problem with some of the more natural fragrances I think. But they smell so fantastic that I may have to pull the trigger on one. The way I smell these:

Nero: mysteries from the depths of the forest, a masculine secret agent fragrance.
    Iranzol: healing blend of herbs - similar to Aesop's Mystra, but even more mysterious.
    Musc: berries and a cleansing light ozone musc, a magic potion.

I love the MUSC & IRANZOL too, and have yet to try NERO.
    I have been wearing both for 15+ years, and have even travelled to Napoli Italy twice to
    Bruno Acampora's Salon on Via Filangeri.

I highly recommend the Oils, and will thry the EDP soon!

Bruno Acampora is a wonderful niche brand, I finally own the oils (apart the edp, they sent me the pure essences and the extraits) of all the main fragrances and i'm amazed about quality and artistry, Musc, Nero, Sballo, Bianco and going on are glorious olfactory experiences, I'm going to review soon all of them by now.
    Last edited by Darvant; 18th April 2014 at 08:21 PM.

Bruno Acampora is a brand that I have been very interested in for some time,so I have enjoyed your reviews very much.Have you tried Bianco
    since this is described as a floral chypre,I am very intrigued by it.I would love to read your impressions about it since a friend is travelling to Italy I'm thinking of a blind buy and any information would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by mimili View Post
    Bruno Acampora is a brand that I have been very interested in for some time,so I have enjoyed your reviews very much.Have you tried Bianco
    since this is described as a floral chypre,I am very intrigued by it.I would love to read your impressions about it since a friend is travelling to Italy I'm thinking of a blind buy and any information would be helpful.
    Hi,
    of course, I have some Bianco samples and I know well the perfume, I'm going to review it may be tomorrow or day after so you will read my extended review, well Bianco is an Acampora creation and it means top quality ingredients (for instance here the musk is perfection) and huge italian craftsmanship, Bianco is a floral-chypre extremely clean, musky and sophisticated with its soapy/musky "white" olfactory basement mastered by extremely refined floral patterns (jasmine and lily in particular) and gorgeous bergamot/patchouli. The well rounded soapy musk/vanilla performs a subtle cherry undertone, like a sort of mur e musk secret spark. Be sure that purchasing an Acampora one you are going to purchase a fragrance which is able to sweep away thousands of more celebrated "waters" here on the cultured Basenotes.
    Last edited by Darvant; 28th April 2014 at 11:35 PM.

Thank you . I don't need anymore convincing ,a blind buy it is!

Quote Originally Posted by mimili View Post
    Thank you . I don't need anymore convincing ,a blind buy it is!
    I energically recommend you to test also Prima T, Sballo and Nero. Divine.

My favorite scents are Nero and Musk but I haven't found one thing in the line I didn't like. I'd also like to mention that the body/hair shampoo is remarkable. Ordinarily, I don't like multi-use products, their performance tends to lose out for convenience sake, but this stuff is top-notch and a little goes a really long way.