Code of Conduct

Default Questions about Aqua Di Gio for women

Hi girls,

I am just wondering why is Aqua Di Gio for women nowhere near as popular as the male version?

I smelt it and I find it a really well made and complex scent - fruity, fresh, floral, woody - has everything!

My sister tried it and hated it - said it smells like old lady scent. I disagree.

What are your feelings about ADG for women?

Thanks!

Default Re: Questions about Aqua Di Gio for women

I like it as much as i like the male version

Post Thanks / Like

I looooove Aqua di Gio for women, but I am an old lady. Perhaps it is not as popular because aquatics do not seem to be as popular with women as they are with men(?). I think it is a very nice one, though. I'd wear it if I had it.

I feel that it is a fantastic fragrance.....I also like Acqua di Gioia much better!!!
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everyone here - it's a wonderful fragrance! I really loved it when it first came out, and I went through a large bottle back in the 90s. I'm not sure why I never replaced it, but I've been thinking about getting a new bottle ever since I spritzed some on a few weeks ago in a duty-free. I was very preoccupied and I'd had forgotten I'd sprayed it, but I kept getting beautiful little whiffs of it while I was waiting for the plane, reminding me how much I enjoyed it. I had half a mind to go back and get it right then and there, but I thought I'd wait a few months and see if the desire stayed with me long enough to warrant a fb purchase in the spring.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Post Thanks / Like

Evangeline, that was what I loved about it - those little whiffs you'd get after you'd forgotten you'd sprayed it.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep - pretty little whiffs of sweet fruit and fresh flowers, which if memory serves includes peonies! Speaking of notes, I always thought it was funny that people would talk about detecting the vodka note, since good vodka's not supposed to have any scent ...seems to me any fragrance that's alcohol-based could claim to have a swanky "dry martini" note.

But anyway, the good news is that the current fragrance didn't seem any different to me, but it has been several years so I couldn't say for sure ...although it did "take me back," and in my experience that only happens if the original character is still intact.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 27th November 2011 at 09:27 PM.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Post Thanks / Like

Ah good news that it is the same. Now I want a bottle asap.

AdG for Women and the Gioia do not work with my chemistry; I wish they did! Within a minute or two, I get a very unpleasant discordant effect that does not diminish. I like the concept of a basic, readily accessible, everyday scent.