Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Talking What are your favourite clothing brands?

A lot of us have favourite fragrance houses or just like one from a house but is it the same with clothes or other things? Name some of your fav brands and that maybe u also like their fragrances.

Default Re: What are your favourite clothing brands?

Favorite clothing brands only - not for fragrances:

Charvet
    Brioni
    Armani
    Boss
    Tom Ford
    Ralph Lauren

I often wear Prada, Acne and Commes des Garçons. A couple of other favourites are Yohji Yamamoto and Marni.

I love all kinds of knitwear: thin merino wool, cashmere, heavy wool from John Smedley, Marni, Prada, Inis Meain, Martin Margiela, Malo, Eric Bompard and many more.

I like and wear/would wear many of Prada's and Margiela's fragrances. The Commes des Garçons lines interest me conceptually, but I don't really enjoy wearing them. Yohji Yamamoto's fragrances simply haven't interested me.

I have total respect for Chanel as a perfume and design house, and I would probably be eternally broke if they started doing menswear (other than a few occasional pieces).

for swap/sale:

Raf Simons, CDG, Junya Watanabe, Maison Martin Margiela, Acne, Prada, Lanvin, Topman, Rick Owens, Jil Sander, Burberry Prorsum, Alexander McQueen, Band of Outsiders, Gareth Pugh, Marc Jacobs, Dior Homme, Givenchy...just to name a few

tott: I see we have a lot in common in terms of clothing I just wish Yohji Yamamato made smaller sizes! Oh, and Chanel does Menswear, but only in 31 Rue Cambon. My cousin purchased a tweed blazer from there...sighhhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    Raf Simons, CDG, Junya Watanabe, Maison Martin Margiela, Acne, Prada, Lanvin, Topman, Rick Owens, Jil Sander, Burberry Prorsum, Alexander McQueen, Band of Outsiders, Gareth Pugh, Marc Jacobs, Dior Homme, Givenchy...just to name a few

tott: I see we have a lot in common in terms of clothing I just wish Yohji Yamamato made smaller sizes! Oh, and Chanel does Menswear, but only in 31 Rue Cambon. My cousin purchased a tweed blazer from there...sighhhhhhhhhh
    Your cousin probably paid $843547 for that lol

Some of my favs are Lacoste, Guess, Armani exchange, Hollister and jack and jones, from the really high end brands if i could afford it then id go with versace and d&G buts thats only if i could afford it or have some left over cash lol
    Last edited by canuck21; 27th November 2011 at 11:51 PM.

Tommy
    Lacoste
    Aeropostale

I dont have the money to Armani or Tom Ford

Nothing fancy, I guess: Land's End, Levis, Ralph Lauren, CK, Wrangler, Bugatti usually do the trick for me

If it fits me, I'll wear it - with a 30 ins. waist and 34 ins. inseam, I don't get too much choice in pants. Funnily enough, I can always get jeans, but I'm better off with tailored (ie unhemmed) pants. Then, with 15 ins. neck and 35 ins. arm measurements, shirts that don't go all blousy are a challenge. I've recently started wearing Banana Repubic shirts, as the medium has both a narrow neck and long arms. I need my jackets tailored a little bit, but then doesn't everyone, assuming they want to avoid that prole gap behind their neck or a bump in the back?

Yes, I know I'm skinny. Don't tell me something I already know.

I'm rather partial to Allen Edmonds shoes. Yeah, my feet are normal.

Giorgio Armani, Hermes, Miyake (Vintage), Yohji Yamamoto
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 14th March 2012 at 03:17 AM.

Diesel for denim

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post

Sounds like you have excellent taste.

I've only seen a few pieces of Chanel menswear here and there, and I am relieved to say I haven't been wowed yet. The Chanel aesthetic is rather specific and kind of demanding, isn't it? Probably not for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    If it fits me, I'll wear it - with a 30 ins. waist and 34 ins. inseam, I don't get too much choice in pants. Funnily enough, I can always get jeans.

Yes, I know I'm skinny. Don't tell me something I already know.
    There is nothing wrong with you - my measurements! I mostly wear jeans... whatever 'Energie' jeans I have blind bought, I put them on and they are a perfect fit (length, waist, butt) on me.
    Italian designers have sort of slim-fit stuff for us... I once grabbed (online) a Trussardi and an Armani jacket at 70 % off, which brought it back into my price range.

High end I like marni & chanel...
    But I don't usually spend a great deal on clothes, just enough so that they're well made - I wreck things with paint all the time.
    Revival, nu & nan, quick brown fox are some affordable Australian brands I like.

If only I was the right body type for Junya Wanatabe , I still lust for the suit varsity jacket

In the mean time I was Neighborhood , w)taps , Bape , visvim

Recently picked up some Agave jeans and knit tops, made in the USA... the jeans fit me really well. It's pricey, but it's good quality and it's NOT made in China, which has been more of a priority of mine recently.

Otherwise, I have a variety of stuff from Versace, Boss, Hiltl, Worn Denim, Bugatchi, Stone Rose, Ferragamo, RL... usually bought online or Nordstrom/N.Rack for 50% off or more. Can't afford the high end stuff, wouldn't want to anyway, pricing for Prada, D&G, etc. gets WAY out of control, it's an exponential jump up in price... to match the exponential jump in income of those brands' target customers. I don't feel you get more for your money after a shirt or pants costs a couple hundred dollars, just something different.

I feel you. I'm more of an Marc Ecko type. the INC. or L-R-G. I can't afford any of that other stuff either. Lol. I'm a college student
    ~D.G.~

Bits of interesting pieces from the *big houses* (that can get very samish to me ) but mainly Lanvin for special pieces, Collette Dinnigan, Marc Jacobs, Marcel Ostertag and too much All Saints!

As for vintage....whole different orbit! Missoni and Sonia Rykiel from a few/or decades ago ...fabulous! Ungaro and G Ferre ....surreal!
    Always keep Ithaca on your mind. Cavafy

Mostly A|X & G-Star.. If I had the money I would buy Burberry, just love some of the classic looks they put together.

Diesel,Guess and Burberry when I get my paycheck

Levis 501s. I could wear them daily for the rest of my life.

Calvin Klein underwear. It's good stuff.

Brooks Brothers shirts. There's a good reason why they're considered the standard in men's shirts.

Old Navy for cheap playclothes. You have to buy one size larger than you normally buy. $10 for plain, non-logo'd polos. Can't beat it.

Sportcoats: Kroon. I collect them. Stylish, reasonably high quality, well-priced. Looks great with jeans, a good shirt, and decent shoes.

Gray t-shirts: any decent brand, and lots of them. Easily my favorite clothing item ever.

Shoes: ok, now this is where I fall off the charts. . . about as bad as my fragrance collection habit. . .

Shades: Ray Bans. Another collection issue I have.

Watches: Timex. Honestly now, what else would go with the rest of this? So reasonably priced, you end up with a collection by default.
    Last edited by mrcologneguy; 18th February 2012 at 01:57 AM.

I used to wear a lot of American Eagle, Hollister, Abercrombie & Fitch, and Aeropostle. Now that I'm a little older I wear whatever I feel like. If I could afford it, I'd wear Armani suits and Dolce & Gabbana for that GQ look. Until then, I'll stick with my American eagle button down shirts and Calvin Klein jeans.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Button downs - HUGO BOSS - Black label and red label have some of the best button downs out there
    Polo's - Burberry fitted ones, and Lacoste ! and vintage
    T-SHirts - A/X - the best plain pima cotton T-shirts
    T-SHirts - Woot.com - for graphic T's
    Jeans - AG, Seven, Trues. Sevens may be my favorite though
    Shoes - Nike SB dunks, Nike Air maxes

I gotta give some love to Pitchfork NYC and Nuestra Familia!
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Tonka Imperiale
    3. Dior Homme
    4. Pure Malt
    5. Oud Wood
    6. Ambre Nuit
    7. L'air Du Desert Marocain
    8. Noir de Noir
    9. Apple Brandy
    10.Straight to Heaven

Jeans: Calvin Klein, Vigoss, whatever looks good.

Shirts and tops: Ralph Lauren, Ann Taylor.

Dresses: Whatever I can find, esp. vintage.

Shoes: Vans, Tevas, whatever is comfortable since I walk a lot.

Pretty much whatever I can find at Goodwill or cheap discount shops.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Can't really afford really high end brands, so I go for cheaper option, but they are good still. I wear Guess, Zara, H&M, Hollister, Gap and Jack&Jones. Even some of these are little bit pricey for me.

For shoes, Nike, Adidas and Aldo.

Religion Clothing, All Saints, SupremeBeing, Amplified, Hollister, Abercrombie & Fitch, Levi's & Diesel, sometimes SuperDry

I am not a label-monger. I don't have a favourite "label." I buy and wear what I like.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel
    Currently wearing: Rose Ambre by Fragonard

D to the E to the N to the V to the E to the R
    Blog Entries

Usually I have a vision for what the theme is going to be for my wardrobe addition/revision and I look all over and buy anything that fits the aesthetic I'm aiming for. I think I tend to like J.Crew because (although they don't present their clothes this way) I find their darker toned clothing to be easy to use for the casual stylishly disheveled look and also versatile (e.g. the same slightly sloppy aesthetic can very easily be used for formal use, like dining out). So i guess by virtue of these things J.Crew you might argue is my favorite brand, but I put to different use than how they present themselves. I even goth up with a lot of it believe it or not, when I club.

I happen to really like INC International at Macy's.