Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking What are your favourite clothing brands?

A lot of us have favourite fragrance houses or just like one from a house but is it the same with clothes or other things? Name some of your fav brands and that maybe u also like their fragrances.

Default Re: What are your favourite clothing brands?

Favorite clothing brands only - not for fragrances:

Charvet
    Brioni
    Armani
    Boss
    Tom Ford
    Ralph Lauren

I often wear Prada, Acne and Commes des Garçons. A couple of other favourites are Yohji Yamamoto and Marni.

I love all kinds of knitwear: thin merino wool, cashmere, heavy wool from John Smedley, Marni, Prada, Inis Meain, Martin Margiela, Malo, Eric Bompard and many more.

I like and wear/would wear many of Prada's and Margiela's fragrances. The Commes des Garçons lines interest me conceptually, but I don't really enjoy wearing them. Yohji Yamamoto's fragrances simply haven't interested me.

I have total respect for Chanel as a perfume and design house, and I would probably be eternally broke if they started doing menswear (other than a few occasional pieces).

for swap/sale:

Raf Simons, CDG, Junya Watanabe, Maison Martin Margiela, Acne, Prada, Lanvin, Topman, Rick Owens, Jil Sander, Burberry Prorsum, Alexander McQueen, Band of Outsiders, Gareth Pugh, Marc Jacobs, Dior Homme, Givenchy...just to name a few

tott: I see we have a lot in common in terms of clothing I just wish Yohji Yamamato made smaller sizes! Oh, and Chanel does Menswear, but only in 31 Rue Cambon. My cousin purchased a tweed blazer from there...sighhhhhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    Raf Simons, CDG, Junya Watanabe, Maison Martin Margiela, Acne, Prada, Lanvin, Topman, Rick Owens, Jil Sander, Burberry Prorsum, Alexander McQueen, Band of Outsiders, Gareth Pugh, Marc Jacobs, Dior Homme, Givenchy...just to name a few

tott: I see we have a lot in common in terms of clothing I just wish Yohji Yamamato made smaller sizes! Oh, and Chanel does Menswear, but only in 31 Rue Cambon. My cousin purchased a tweed blazer from there...sighhhhhhhhhh
    Your cousin probably paid $843547 for that lol

Some of my favs are Lacoste, Guess, Armani exchange, Hollister and jack and jones, from the really high end brands if i could afford it then id go with versace and d&G buts thats only if i could afford it or have some left over cash lol
    Last edited by canuck21; 27th November 2011 at 11:51 PM.

Tommy
    Lacoste
    Aeropostale

I dont have the money to Armani or Tom Ford

Nothing fancy, I guess: Land's End, Levis, Ralph Lauren, CK, Wrangler, Bugatti usually do the trick for me

If it fits me, I'll wear it - with a 30 ins. waist and 34 ins. inseam, I don't get too much choice in pants. Funnily enough, I can always get jeans, but I'm better off with tailored (ie unhemmed) pants. Then, with 15 ins. neck and 35 ins. arm measurements, shirts that don't go all blousy are a challenge. I've recently started wearing Banana Repubic shirts, as the medium has both a narrow neck and long arms. I need my jackets tailored a little bit, but then doesn't everyone, assuming they want to avoid that prole gap behind their neck or a bump in the back?

Yes, I know I'm skinny. Don't tell me something I already know.

I'm rather partial to Allen Edmonds shoes. Yeah, my feet are normal.

Giorgio Armani, Hermes, Miyake (Vintage), Yohji Yamamoto
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 14th March 2012 at 03:17 AM.

Diesel for denim
    Looking to swap…look for my thread on the trade page. May be interested in buying Amouage. Having fun with shower gels. If you want to get rid of yours or swap for frags, give me a shout!

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post

Sounds like you have excellent taste.

I've only seen a few pieces of Chanel menswear here and there, and I am relieved to say I haven't been wowed yet. The Chanel aesthetic is rather specific and kind of demanding, isn't it? Probably not for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    If it fits me, I'll wear it - with a 30 ins. waist and 34 ins. inseam, I don't get too much choice in pants. Funnily enough, I can always get jeans.

There is nothing wrong with you - my measurements! I mostly wear jeans... whatever 'Energie' jeans I have blind bought, I put them on and they are a perfect fit (length, waist, butt) on me.
    Italian designers have sort of slim-fit stuff for us... I once grabbed (online) a Trussardi and an Armani jacket at 70 % off, which brought it back into my price range.

High end I like marni & chanel...
    But I don't usually spend a great deal on clothes, just enough so that they're well made - I wreck things with paint all the time.
    Revival, nu & nan, quick brown fox are some affordable Australian brands I like.

If only I was the right body type for Junya Wanatabe , I still lust for the suit varsity jacket

In the mean time I was Neighborhood , w)taps , Bape , visvim

Recently picked up some Agave jeans and knit tops, made in the USA... the jeans fit me really well. It's pricey, but it's good quality and it's NOT made in China, which has been more of a priority of mine recently.

Otherwise, I have a variety of stuff from Versace, Boss, Hiltl, Worn Denim, Bugatchi, Stone Rose, Ferragamo, RL... usually bought online or Nordstrom/N.Rack for 50% off or more. Can't afford the high end stuff, wouldn't want to anyway, pricing for Prada, D&G, etc. gets WAY out of control, it's an exponential jump up in price... to match the exponential jump in income of those brands' target customers. I don't feel you get more for your money after a shirt or pants costs a couple hundred dollars, just something different.

I feel you. I'm more of an Marc Ecko type. the INC. or L-R-G. I can't afford any of that other stuff either. Lol. I'm a college student
    ~D.G.~

Bits of interesting pieces from the *big houses* (that can get very samish to me ) but mainly Lanvin for special pieces, Collette Dinnigan, Marc Jacobs, Marcel Ostertag and too much All Saints!

As for vintage....whole different orbit! Missoni and Sonia Rykiel from a few/or decades ago ...fabulous! Ungaro and G Ferre ....surreal!
    When we come to the other world and meet the millions of Jews who died in the camps and they ask *what have you done for us*.......I will say * I did not forget you*. Simon Wiesenthal

Mostly A|X & G-Star.. If I had the money I would buy Burberry, just love some of the classic looks they put together.

Diesel,Guess and Burberry when I get my paycheck

Levis 501s. I could wear them daily for the rest of my life.

Calvin Klein underwear. It's good stuff.

Brooks Brothers shirts. There's a good reason why they're considered the standard in men's shirts.

Old Navy for cheap playclothes. You have to buy one size larger than you normally buy. $10 for plain, non-logo'd polos. Can't beat it.

Sportcoats: Kroon. I collect them. Stylish, reasonably high quality, well-priced. Looks great with jeans, a good shirt, and decent shoes.

Gray t-shirts: any decent brand, and lots of them. Easily my favorite clothing item ever.

Shoes: ok, now this is where I fall off the charts. . . about as bad as my fragrance collection habit. . .

Shades: Ray Bans. Another collection issue I have.

Watches: Timex. Honestly now, what else would go with the rest of this? So reasonably priced, you end up with a collection by default.
    Last edited by mrcologneguy; 18th February 2012 at 01:57 AM.

I used to wear a lot of American Eagle, Hollister, Abercrombie & Fitch, and Aeropostle. Now that I'm a little older I wear whatever I feel like. If I could afford it, I'd wear Armani suits and Dolce & Gabbana for that GQ look. Until then, I'll stick with my American eagle button down shirts and Calvin Klein jeans.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Button downs - HUGO BOSS - Black label and red label have some of the best button downs out there
    Polo's - Burberry fitted ones, and Lacoste ! and vintage
    T-SHirts - A/X - the best plain pima cotton T-shirts
    T-SHirts - Woot.com - for graphic T's
    Jeans - AG, Seven, Trues. Sevens may be my favorite though
    Shoes - Nike SB dunks, Nike Air maxes

I gotta give some love to Pitchfork NYC and Nuestra Familia!
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Jeans: Calvin Klein, Vigoss, whatever looks good.

Shirts and tops: Ralph Lauren, Ann Taylor.

Dresses: Whatever I can find, esp. vintage.

Shoes: Vans, Tevas, whatever is comfortable since I walk a lot.

Pretty much whatever I can find at Goodwill or cheap discount shops.
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.

Can't really afford really high end brands, so I go for cheaper option, but they are good still. I wear Guess, Zara, H&M, Hollister, Gap and Jack&Jones. Even some of these are little bit pricey for me.

For shoes, Nike, Adidas and Aldo.

Religion Clothing, All Saints, SupremeBeing, Amplified, Hollister, Abercrombie & Fitch, Levi's & Diesel, sometimes SuperDry

I am not a label-monger. I don't have a favourite "label." I buy and wear what I like.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

D to the E to the N to the V to the E to the R
    Blog Entries

Usually I have a vision for what the theme is going to be for my wardrobe addition/revision and I look all over and buy anything that fits the aesthetic I'm aiming for. I think I tend to like J.Crew because (although they don't present their clothes this way) I find their darker toned clothing to be easy to use for the casual stylishly disheveled look and also versatile (e.g. the same slightly sloppy aesthetic can very easily be used for formal use, like dining out). So i guess by virtue of these things J.Crew you might argue is my favorite brand, but I put to different use than how they present themselves. I even goth up with a lot of it believe it or not, when I club.

I happen to really like INC International at Macy's.

I tend to shop on E-bay for stuff. You can get stung now and then, but many of the good deals make it worth the risk. Bugatchi, Zegna, etc. Tommy Bahamma makes some nice long-sleeved shirts.

I used to have a massive vintage clothing collection ( nice wool from the 40's and 50's) so I don't have a problem with buying used clothing.

I shop a lot at factory outlet malls, of which there are many in my part of the country. Time things right, and you can get well-known brands at 80% off. The ones I go to have outlets for Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, the Gap, Izod, Brooks Brothers (where I get all my work shirts), Cole Haan, Banana Republic, J. Crew, Tommy Hilfinger, Movado, Nike (where I get $8.50 sneaks), and many others. I've frequently picked up new shirts for as little as $3 and pants for as little as $8. It often feels like they are giving stuff away. Turns out a lot of well-known brands (Calvin Klein, Izod, Hilfinger) now all belong to the same huge conglomerate and they unload truckloads of stuff on their outlets. Clothes have never been so plentiful and cheap in the entire history of mankind.

I also shop at high end department stores and boutiques and one or two special favorites for things you can't find anywhere else. The mid-range department stores (e.g., Macy's in this area) don't seem to have a whole lot to offer.

Oddly, I don't find a lot of connection between clothing brands I like and my favorite fragrances (e.g., I like Prada suits but am indifferent to their fragrances). Chanel makes a really nice line of men's ties though ($219 each).

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    If it fits me, I'll wear it - with a 30 ins. waist and 34 ins. inseam, I don't get too much choice in pants. Funnily enough, I can always get jeans, but I'm better off with tailored (ie unhemmed) pants. Then, with 15 ins. neck and 35 ins. arm measurements, shirts that don't go all blousy are a challenge. I've recently started wearing Banana Repubic shirts, as the medium has both a narrow neck and long arms. I need my jackets tailored a little bit, but then doesn't everyone, assuming they want to avoid that prole gap behind their neck or a bump in the back?

I'm rather partial to Allen Edmonds shoes. Yeah, my feet are normal.
    You need 2 things:

1. Peanut butter - 2 lbs a day
    2. Go to the gym - 4-5 times a week

Just kidding
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Wow, some nice taste in clothing here. I feel pedestrian

I'll shop anywhere. If I like it, I buy it. I'm a big believer in the outfit and not just the label.

Banana Republic for most stuff
    Club Monaco
    Hugo Boss
    Ted Baker -- absolute favorite. please keep me away from this store unless you want a surge in the GDP.
    Cafe Coton -- for shirts...awesome store

And I tailor almost everything.

double post
    Last edited by Samarkand; 25th March 2012 at 03:04 AM. Reason: double post

Sound Scents

For jeans I pretty much exclusively buy Tommy Bahama nowadays (or Indigo Palms, as they were formally called).

For the rest of my wardrobe I go with either Ted Baker or Hickey Freeman for most stuff, with a sprinkling of Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren and Burberry for good measure...
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Levi´s, Diesel , Energy, Replay...

MY FAVORITE CLOTHING BRANDS IS TOMMY HILFIGER

Hilfiger was built-in in Elmira, New York. The additional of nine children, he grew up in an Irish-American[citation needed] family; he claims absolute descendence from Scottish artist Robert Burns.[2] His parents originally advised for him to be an engineer. He abounding Elmira Free Academy for top school. He aswell abounding GST BOCES Bush Campus in Elmira, New York for Fashion Design. Rather than furthering his education, he started to plan in retail at the age of 18. Hilfiger would go to New York City to buy jeans and bell-bottom pants, which he customized and resold at a bounded city Elmira store, Brown's.

Work Shirts: Brooks Brothers, Charles Tyhrwitt
    Ties: Vineyard Vines, Brooks Brothers, Zegna (for my more loud ties), Hermes
    Suits: Hickey Freeman
    Shoes: Allen Edmonds (work), Sketchers (sneakers), Sperry (boat shoes), Toms (lounging/casual)
    Polos/Casual: Ralph Lauren & Land's End

My fav brands that I wear are Dior homme, 45rpm, Ann dem, rick Owens, hermès and LV

Versace, ralph lauren, and hugo boss!

I have to say my my taste has kind of changed since I last posted.

I frequently wear Lacoste and Armani Exchange, my taste for very high end brands, Versace, Dior, Louis vuitton, although I own very few clothng items from them since they are so expensive. But if I could afford it then those !

J.crew
    Nautica
    CK

Gap for me, mostly, because they run tall/long, and have small sizes, I am 5'9" but only about 35" around the hips, I'm not really that skinny but with the re-centering of sizes as the U.S. gets fatter, a lot of stores don't seem to make anything that fits... Gap re-centered too, so that I'm down around their smallest size, BUT they are long and they fit. And they have kids clothes so it's easy to just get everything in one place; and they make slender jeans for the skinny kids too. And are affordable enough.

I love Uniqlo... wish we had it in Canada
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Don't make enough money to have a favorite, lol, don't really pay attention anymore, lol.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

I was into fashion the way some of you are into fragrance....realistically I had (have) wayyy too much! (the first step to recovery is admitting there's a problem =P) I've been selling a lot on Ebay trying to downsize but still have a ton. I actually rent a 10x15' storage unit to house my clothes (in addition to 3 closets at home).

Super 120 Italian suits (no particular brand) I got to a store called M2 on 8th St. in downtown L.A. The owner has really good taste and travels to Italy to handpick fabrics. Good prices too. I like to dress up the suit with upscale accessories (ties, cufflinks, and shoes)

Ties: Gianni Versace (vintage) I also like some of Donatella's more recent designs. Emilio Pucci, Duchamp London, Leonard Paris, Villa Bolgheri, a few Zegna). I really like Duchamp London's cufflinks but there are many cool styles out there for less $$$ (Nordstrom's is good)

Shoes: This is where I dropped the most dough! I HAD a FETISH for exotic skin shoes (alligator, crocodile, stingray, ostrich, lizard, eel, shark) My favorite brands are Mauri Italy, Matteo & Massimo, Fennix, a few Mezlan and David Eden.

Jackets/Coats: I've got a black on black Mauri leather with full hornback crocodile skin on the back and sleeves (love that jacket...probably worn it twice in 8 years 8-o) I've got a few furs although it makes no sense where I live. Coyote, lynx, and mink (writing this it struck me that PETA probably wouldn't like me very much!)

Sweaters: Coogi sweaters was my second guilty pleasure. I've sold about 10-12 on Ebay recently and that didn't make a dent. Only vintage Coogi Australia from the mid 90's to early '00's.

Misc: Gucci = sneakers, hats, messenger bag, tote for the gym. LV = sneakers, suitcase. Shades = Dior, Versace, Ferragamo, Gucci, Cazal (vintage). Watches = Don't get me started!

I'm about to put a bunch of stuff on Ebay, if anybody wants my seller ID, send a PM.

Nothing fancy usually I don't spend much money on clothes. I like to wear those clothes which are comfortable and easily affordable.

Won't pay for the high end clothes. Ebay, Goodwill and Salvation Army are my main shopping destinations. Will wear what fits, looks good on me, and is comfortable. I don't like to iron so have lots of cotton/poly blend clothes. Being tall and kind of short waisted I find that men's pants fit me better most of the time. Have a pair of Tommy Hilfigers that I love.
    Born, Naturalizer, Clarks are the best for shoes.

For dress shirts, I've been rocking John Varvatos, Brooks Brothers, and Charles Tyrwhit. Shirts/hoodies and such I'm liking Vince lately. For jeans, I like Levi's, and a couple others. For shoes, I'm all over the place. I've really hopped on the John Varvatos band wagon as of late. I really like a ton of his stuff.

Basically I try to get nice stuff, but not spend all of my money on it.
    Last edited by mt219; 24th June 2012 at 04:59 PM.

Casual ...
    Socks: Corgi
    Briefs: Sunspel
    Shoes: Grenson
    Polos: Fred Perry
    Jeans: Levis 501
    Jacket: Barbour

j crew: casual and cashmere
    Gaultier: suits, tops, shirts and coats
    Blumarine: tops and sweaters sometimes suits
    Moschino: blouses and prints; sometimes tees and suits
    Fluevog: casual shoes and boots; sometimes bags
    Seymour, Almafi, Ferrogamo, jimmy choo and Bandolino: dress shoes
    jeans: Paige and Sevens
    the Row: tees and tunics; sometimes sweaters and coats
    handbags: marc marmel, mui mui, 49 sq mi, bottega veneto, laura merkin

Don't really have a favourite house yet. On a student budget so I tend to buy one or two things that will last a long time. My wardrobe is made up of Uniqlo, Graniph, April77, Nudie, American Apparel, Fruit of the Loom, ASOS and a few others I can't think of right now.

Lacoste, Gucci (accessories, i.e wallets, etc.), Express.

I love the Chanel,Dior and so on!

Robert Graham

http://ca.images.search.yahoo.com/se...+graham+shirts

I wear regular clothes most of the time though. But I get a ton of complements when I wear the Robert Grahams. Some of them are limited editions.

Dependent

just ck

Diesel is by far my favorite brand!

Jeans: Dior Homme, 45 rpm, Samurai, PRPS, APC, Nudie
    Shoes/Boots: Rick Owens, Sendra, Trickers , Stefano Bemer
    Dress shirts/Suits/Jackets: Tailored or Tom Ford
    Casual shirts: Paul Smith, Comme des Garcons, Dior Homme, Rick Owens
    T-shirts: Hysteric Glamor, Trunk, Rick Owens
    Sun glasses: Dita, Tom Ford, Cazal
    Eye glasses: Cutler & Gross
    Last edited by Duke Hunt; 12th September 2012 at 09:52 AM.

I am crazy for Tom Ford outfits. Fashion designer tomb ford redefines luxury for a new era. You can get the awesome collection of coats and jackets and casual shirts.

mens dress clothes