Code of Conduct

Default Tubereuse Criminale

OMG, I just finally tried this crazy-ass fragrance. I'm so glad I did, because it's insane, but I'd never wear it, and I wear some off-the-beaten-path fragrances. It starts off smelling like a hospital lab and then like wintergreen and then like an old woman wearing perfume and then like a woman's genitalia and then they all bizarrely merge into one fragrance. What man could ever pull this off? Not this man, I'm afraid. I do enjoy it though, in a perverse sort of way. I've certainly never smelled anything like it.

Default Re: Tubereuse Criminale

Bought a half used bottle on ebay last week. Cant wear this in public but still glad i got it for the collection. Aguilty private pleasure. How they sell any of this is beyond me but it looks like they are taking it out of Paris and promoting it globally. Brave of them.

Quote Originally Posted by kusum65 View Post
    Bought a half used bottle on ebay last week. Cant wear this in public but still glad i got it for the collection. Aguilty private pleasure. How they sell any of this is beyond me but it looks like they are taking it out of Paris and promoting it globally. Brave of them.
    I'm glad they're giving it a shot, but I agree with you; I can't imagine how they can sell much of this.

I know there are a lot of admirers of this one, but too difficult for me to wear too.

Basenotes Institution

I love it for al of those same reasons Tonyprince.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyprince View Post
    ...like a woman's genitalia ....I do enjoy it though, in a perverse sort of way...
    Wow, this statement turns me totally off from Tubereuse Criminale which is the 1st in my to-try list at the moment simply because I don't perversely swing that way LOL. I cannot even stand the women silk stocking smell from Bas de Soie let alone this genitalia :P

Love the frag and wear it - I don't see the problem with men wearing it. I don't get any female dirtiness, but I have little experience. I agree with Jason that Bas de soie, whatever it represents, is disgusting (I know hedonist disagrees here), but TC has nothing in common, luckily.

(Of course, for striking tuberose, there's also JAR Eclair, for about 5 times the price of TC.)

cacio

I love Tuberose Criminelle.
    It's like the crazy feminine version of Windsor.

I'd never wear it, but think it'd be incredible on a female.